Airbag & aftermarket steering wheel, Help pls. - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Airbag & aftermarket steering wheel, Help pls.
Saturday, August 05, 2006 8:34 PM
I dont know where to post this question so, moderators you can move it if you feel so.

Anyways, i just have couple questions before installing my racing wheels.

1.) If i remove just my steering wheel airbag, will my passenger airbag still work properly?
2.) Do i need a steering hub adapter for it or can i put just a steering directly itself ? (thinking of getting ractive one's)

I know it sound dumb.

Thanks guys,
Al

Re: Airbag & aftermarket steering wheel, Help pls.
Sunday, August 06, 2006 12:49 AM
1) you will need an airbag simulator (google is your friend -- http://www.airbagsystems.com/simulator.html )

2) you will need a hub adapter. Either a 5 hole or 6 hole depending on the wheel you get.

Sunday, August 06, 2006 4:55 PM
1) If I remember correctly when I was looking to swap my steering wheel, I believe people said that they are both disabled. But just looking at the Haynes manual it looks like they have to be disabled seperately.

2) You have to have a hub to connect an aftermarket steering wheel. Not too many make them for these cars but they are out there you just have to look carefully.

Here is my Cardomain addy, I have pics posted there. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/837603

Mine happens to be a Momo hub and Sparco steering wheel which match up perfectly.
Sunday, August 06, 2006 5:03 PM
The airbag sim will allow the SRS system to think the driver's side one is hooked up, thereby making the passenger one function as normal. Without the sim, if either the driver or passenger bag is unplugged, the other will not function. The SRS sys will think there is a fault in one of the bags and disable the other.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search