power to manual windows - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
power to manual windows
Friday, August 18, 2006 10:13 AM
well guys, i've got a new twist to an often asked question...
i searched, but only came up with the exact OPPOSITE of my question, so here we go...

after this weekend i will have replaced the following:

drivers front motor-5 times
drivers rear motor-2 times
passanger front motor-3 times
passanger rear motor-3 times

I'M FREAKING SICK OF IT!!!

i don't roll my windows down all THAT often. but it never fails, i NEVER have all four windows working at the same time.

i don't buy the cheap remanufactured window motors, i buy new one's. i'm tired of throwing money down the drain for something that really isn't all that important to me.

so my question, if i take a trip to the junkyard and find a cavalier with manual windows, how hard would it be to put them into my car. i'd probably just switch out the complete door panel so i didn't have to cut up mine for a crank. but would i have to drill new holes to mount the manual stuff or are all the doors the exact same with different hardware?

also, if anyone in my area is up for a trade, that'd be cool too.

GO PATS!!!

Re: power to manual windows
Friday, August 18, 2006 10:30 AM
isn't their a warrenty on these motors your buyin the car is only 4 and thats a lot of replacements to have no warrenty on.

Friday, August 18, 2006 10:32 AM
don't rednecks drive trucks and jeeps?

Friday, August 18, 2006 1:19 PM
buy a coupe next time. 2 less windows to worry about

Friday, August 18, 2006 1:41 PM
ozzie-stfu

nightmare-i get the motors from kragen. they come with a LIMITED lifetime warranty. apparently, they'll replace them if they die right away. but since mine last 4-5 months, they say that they are dying out due to excessive use. i guess i should stop sitting in my driveway pondering the amazing feat of a window going up and down

so...anyone with info for me yet?

GO PATS!!!
Friday, August 18, 2006 3:48 PM
something wrong with whatever relay or switch or something goes to your windows.... check your wiring, those motors aren't blowing for no reason.

Friday, August 18, 2006 3:52 PM
with as many threads i reply to with information on how to change them, i'd say its a common problem caused by a poorly made part...i don't think its just my car.

GO PATS!!!
Friday, August 18, 2006 3:57 PM
yea but yoyu said you have changed them, so its not the same junk stock motor that everyone is having problems with. i just changed my driver side and i thought it would be a decent speed going up, but it still feels slow. i lubed everything that slides. maybe its just these cars since they are the bottom of the barrel.

Friday, August 18, 2006 4:00 PM
Quote:

i lubed everything that slides. maybe its just these cars since they are the bottom of the barrel.

thats what i'm thinking.

i know i've changed them...but everybody changes them. most people won't pay for the dealership to replace them after warranty, so they do their own. i've only found 3 direct replacement brands...so we've all probably got the same replacement motors in the doors....

GO PATS!!!
Friday, August 18, 2006 4:04 PM
The Redneck wrote:so we've all probably got the same replacement motors in the doors....

yea its probably the same motor, just different brand name on the box. they just all buy from the same place and distribute. ive seen a pice of a motor from ebay and it looked just like the one i bought from Autozone, but different name

Friday, August 18, 2006 4:05 PM
stupid cars....

GO PATS!!!

Saturday, August 19, 2006 7:58 PM
I'm starting to consider the same thing now. I've had both my windows motors blow in the past 1-2 weeks. Drivers side went 2 days before the car was going into the shop for some body work,and today my passenger window died the day after I got the car back. Damned car is just messing with me now,lol

Saturday, August 19, 2006 8:57 PM
well today i replaced my drivers front and rear along with the passanger front. for the first time in about 6 month, i rolled around with all 4 windows down.

GO PATS!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search