- Ebay Steering Wheel - - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
- Ebay Steering Wheel -
Friday, October 20, 2006 2:14 PM
Well I am creating this topic to help a few and too maybe clear up a few question and comments about the ebay steering wheels. I recently bought a "JDM Style steering wheel" off of ebay, from autosquare parts, it uses the 6 whole bolt pattern, i ordered it last friday, and today i come home to find this:

the packaging wasnt much but i guess it is just a steering wheel, what could really happen to it?

anyway on we go:

and there it is just like the ebay site showed.

back:

it seems like a good wheel, solid and the material is sewn up very good.

a few tips for anyone whos going to be dealing with autossquare: do alot of research. Ive heard that they have a bad rep for not sending stuff, but i didnt have any problems. also read the description, when i bought my wheel it said the color was blue but the one in the picture was black, so i sent them 5 emails, stating that i want the black and even after i paid for it i reminded them, also ask them for shipping number. they usually got back to me later that day. so ill give them A+ for this transaction i had no problems at all.

I got this wheel cause i always liked the d-shape ones but couldnt find myself paying 150-250 for a steering wheel, so i found a cheaper alternative, im not much for the horn cap "jdm" writing thing, but oh well....

for $36.00 shipped i cannot complain.

now i need a hub adapter, but ill be getting that from aplusperformance.

Re: - Ebay Steering Wheel -
Friday, October 20, 2006 2:17 PM
just in case your interested, heres a link to there wheels:

Click Here

Friday, October 20, 2006 2:19 PM
also that black piece on the back with the 6 prongs is just a plastic cover. for those who didnt know. cause if ya look at it youll see its bent but thats just because i set it on the table and the plastic moved. my bad.

Friday, October 20, 2006 2:32 PM
glad it worked out for ya

just wait til it gets some use to judge the quality...i hope for your sake the ebay wheel u got is better than the one i used to have... great at first, but......well, i hope yours is good

ps - pics of install!!! i like the style

Friday, October 20, 2006 2:40 PM
i think the reason you had such trouble was because you got blue... they prolly just dyed it, that the reason it went to white, i believe these are made from synthetic leather, so if it is odds are mine will stay black. but of course i will post install pics, and a review a few months down the road.

Friday, October 20, 2006 2:54 PM
its true about the blue part...i guarantee it was dyed by the way it faded. but my black faded a bit as well.....not nearly like the blue, but it definately got lighter....but as long as the whole wheel will be the same color. you'll never even notice if it does, lol...... wish i woulda got all black to begin with

lemme know if you get the horn hooked up correctly! i still dont have a horn, lol
well...not a stock horn

Friday, October 20, 2006 3:05 PM
can do ill keep ya posted eazy.

Friday, October 20, 2006 3:31 PM
how do you know the jap script doesn't say like "I'm gay" or something? lol

Friday, October 20, 2006 3:53 PM
like i said im not big on it.. if i knew how to change it i would... but for a hundred plus dollars saved ill let them say what they want

Saturday, October 21, 2006 7:27 AM
can u just take that center plastic portion out and simply paint it?

i think if you painted it gloss black it would look really nice.

if not, im sure it wouldnt be to hard to mask it off and spray it.

overall, im saying nice find, im not to fond of the D style, but i did find a wheel that i really like and its around the same price.
im impressed...for this cheap of money and the part is acctually halfways decent, i doubt u could find a good used STOCK j-body wheel for that cheap in a junk yard or ebay.

White 98'Z-alive n kickn
Black 97'Z-down for the count
Friday, October 27, 2006 10:51 AM
I have a cavalier with airbags in the wheel what would i need to do to make an aftermarket steering wheel work. What adapter would I need to buy? Thanks in advance for info.

Friday, October 27, 2006 12:43 PM
Jonny wrote:I have a cavalier with airbags in the wheel what would i need to do to make an aftermarket steering wheel work. What adapter would I need to buy? Thanks in advance for info.

you need a hub adaptor and the wheel

but..

if you get a 5 hole wheel, you'll need the Grant adaptor. if you get a 6 hole wheel, you'll need the Momo adaptor.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search