How To Change the color of your 95-99 cluster gauges w/ LED's - Page 5 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How To Change the color of your 95-99 cluster gauges w/ LED's
Wednesday, June 13, 2007 5:24 AM
So i tenaciously decided to call back some more stores around town and the last store I contacted was Pep Boys. They actually had it in stock, but only 2 of them, but they can order more from the warehouse and they'll be ready for pick up tomorrow evening. This is awesome news, now I dont have to pay for shipping. Call Pep Boys if nobody else has it!

Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:47 PM
I just went to my local autozone and theyre were 4 in stock on the shelf (found em myself!) and i snagged em. Just ordered my LED's from superbrightleds.com . Ordered 4 of the 5wide 194's and 2 of the 74 wedge base leds. Woop!

Red car with blue lights...gonna look just like a Jetta! (thats the look i was going for!).

Friday, June 15, 2007 7:19 AM
Sooo after like 10 minutes of typing and linking my pictures, it turns out I never posted what I wrote so heres the short version because I dont feel like typing it all again... Heres my outcome, you can see how the stock compares to the LED's. Let me know what you think.

Friday, June 15, 2007 2:11 PM
Looks good man, why didnt you change the HVAC bulbs?

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 11:29 AM
Any one know how to do that with a 91 pontiac sunbird??? with the gauge cluster???

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 5:38 PM
i think im going to pick up a 2000 gauge cluster from a salvage yard and im going to figure it out!! I want some blue sooo bad!! ill do the HAVC but that will just look weird with the stock gauge color

if anyone finds anything for the 2000 cluster ppppplease PM me
Thursday, June 21, 2007 2:52 PM
So the LEDs are bright enough to over come the film that was already on the gauges?
Thursday, June 21, 2007 4:10 PM
i'd like to know too on the 2000+ cluster, because a couple of my bulbs burnt out and i'd like to fix it as cheap as possible...i like the stock cluster!

Project Resurrection is in full swing!
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 3:01 PM
These LEDs will be bright enough to shine through the green film?
Tuesday, June 26, 2007 8:07 PM
yes

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Saturday, June 30, 2007 8:02 AM
why isn't this thread a sticky yet?

i wish i didn't have to go looking for it at the bottom.

please make sticky

http://www.myspace.com/fpsunfire
5 seconds to find another street...

Saturday, June 30, 2007 7:51 PM
Jaser wrote:Someone also asked about the clear a/c Nobbs during the day and here's a pic I found

HEY...those are my knobs! but be warned, I painted strategic parts of the diffuser chrome, so that's another reason they look silvery like that, "your milage may vary"

And I'd also LOVE to know how to do the LED's on the 2K's....I don't mind soldering at all, it's the "DON'T PULL YOUR NEEDLES OFF" thing that bothers me..except if I remember correctly, you can pull the rear board off w/o disturbing the needles or the needle motors...

Anyone have any updated info on the 2k color change issue??

Memeber since '99

cardomain New England Tunerz
Saturday, June 30, 2007 9:50 PM
ive done my dome light and i cant wait til i do my gauges tomorrow!!!!!!

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Monday, July 02, 2007 5:48 PM

Night function is hard to get a steady picture.

Monday, July 02, 2007 7:37 PM
I know this might be a stupid question, but can I put a sunfire gauge assembly in my 97 cavy? What about the fact that my cavy is as base as it gets and my fire cluster is fully loaded, any input would be appreciated.
Tuesday, July 03, 2007 2:36 AM
I think Mr JOhn Lenko posted how to do the 00+ LED change over sometime ago.... I thought I had it saved on my computer somewhere but i couldnt find it...... off to the search button to find it.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 6:51 AM
Has anyone used anything other than the 5 led refractor . I have the red ones but I have quite a few dead spots and yes the bulbs are seated properly. I just wanted to know if the single dome led would be any better since the stock bulbs are dome.
Tuesday, July 03, 2007 12:07 PM
Scorpio1 (blu03lambocavi) wrote:I think Mr JOhn Lenko posted how to do the 00+ LED change over sometime ago.... I thought I had it saved on my computer somewhere but i couldnt find it...... off to the search button to find it.

If you find it let me know..I've been though so many different versions of search strings its not even funny.

Search isn't so good when it doesn't give you the information you are looking for.

what's worse is when you FOUND a particual thread via seach, ask a question..and someone tells you to use the search button...

Memeber since '99

cardomain New England Tunerz
Tuesday, July 03, 2007 2:30 PM
BTW, did my led swap in my cluster and hvac last weekend. It was a pita!! 30 min job and i luv em!!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 6:43 PM
I changed the gauge face of my 2000 cavalier to a black cat customs one. Broke two clusters and three sets of needles in the process. It's a PAIN in the ARSE. And I was careful as hell...

The write-up for it is long gone... I don't even have it on my hd anymore.

...j

Tuesday, July 03, 2007 7:55 PM
99z24 owner wrote:Has anyone used anything other than the 5 led refractor . I have the red ones but I have quite a few dead spots and yes the bulbs are seated properly. I just wanted to know if the single dome led would be any better since the stock bulbs are dome.

the domed LEDs are a focused beam, so the wont shine any where but the spot directly in front of where its pointed. the 5 LED refractor bulbs are the best ive seen yet, i have a red set in one car and blue in the other with no dead spots in either car. id pull them out and check and see if maybe one of the bulbs my be burned out.

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas

Friday, July 06, 2007 8:40 AM
Has anyone try doing this to a 1997 Pontiac Sunfire???
Sunday, July 08, 2007 10:54 PM
Lazaro Maldonado wrote:Has anyone try doing this to a 1997 Pontiac Sunfire???

In another week or so- just bought the cluster off ebay.
Monday, July 16, 2007 9:33 AM
Jackson have to try this out... if u did can u post some pics
Monday, July 16, 2007 8:53 PM
what size socket do you use for the HVAC and are the 5 angle LED's brighter or whats the deal with that i really want to do this its a good mod.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search