Oil Pressure gauge on 02 ecotec - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Oil Pressure gauge on 02 ecotec
Thursday, September 13, 2007 10:46 PM
I have just recently purchased 3 new gauges air/fuel, vacuum/boost, and a oil pressure gauge... I have found how to hook the first 2 up but i am stumped on how to hook up the Oil pressure gauge and if there is a easy way to install it???

Re: Oil Pressure gauge on 02 ecotec
Friday, September 14, 2007 9:38 AM
You could buy an oil filter adapter. Thats what I did, and thats the only way I know how to do it.

Friday, September 14, 2007 11:29 PM
You will need a Autometer Metric adapter part #AUT2278,And you will need to remove a hex head bolt on the drivers side head..It is the one closest to the fire wall..And it is the only one you can really get to...If you are running a mechanical gauge get a steel line or a braided line or the plastic one will heat up and start to leak..I would recomed going electric then you do not have to run a oil line into the car reducing the risk of oil leaking in the car...If you go electric you will need a bradied line because you cant mount the pick up sensor in that spot..And you will need to ground the sensor due to the fact it is not mounted to metal...
Saturday, September 15, 2007 12:29 PM
Thank you... i found the bolt i need to take out but i think someone stripped it before i could even get to it so i am trying to find a way to get it out with out dismantling the whole motor...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search