Carbon Fiber Threshold Questions - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Carbon Fiber Threshold Questions
Saturday, December 20, 2008 8:23 PM
I just purchased these from another member and was wondering what you guys think I should do. Even better what have some of you done in the past?

As you can see the edges don't match up. I was going to do one of two things:

Trim areas that the c/f does not cover with a dremel or just live with it, however it looks half ass so i'll probably just sell them.

FOR SALE

Re: Carbon Fiber Threshold Questions
Sunday, December 21, 2008 9:47 AM
trim it and see what happens. you can usually pick up the door pieces at junk yards pretty easily to replace them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, December 21, 2008 10:26 AM
I recall the original owner selling them because they looked half-assed.

Sunday, December 21, 2008 11:03 AM
I must have missed that Joe! Either way like Jason said I plan on trimming the excess and make a better presentation. Was looking to see what anyone may have done in the past besides sell them haha.

I'll post pictures with the results.

FOR SALE
Sunday, December 21, 2008 11:22 AM
You buy them from Silver Nip?

Sunday, December 21, 2008 11:25 AM
Chris Snyder was his name I think it was Silver Nip...

FOR SALE
Sunday, December 21, 2008 11:51 AM
Drifted Cavy aka: Suicidal Cav wrote:Chris Snyder was his name I think it was Silver Nip...

Well that was nice of him to sell you crap.

s1lver_N1p wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:thought you said the thresholds werent worth a sh!t?

they arent thats why i sold them.

and..I called it-
Joe Schulte wrote:haha @ poor sap who purchased them!

Sunday, December 21, 2008 12:32 PM
Haha... Poor sap (Me). Well he was right they didn't match up but like I said in the beginning of this post a little cutting, and they look fine. Anyone who can operate a dremel can make aftermarket parts look good. I'll post pictures everything came out fine, I just trimmed the inside (facing drivers seat) part of my existing stock piece to match the C/F piece and it looks good IMO. Now I just have to sand the clear off of the c/f piece and re-clear coat it which i'll do this week.

It's a shame that he wasn't decent enought to tell me "hey, u know they might need some slight modification" or hey I think they look like crap... haha.

I saved some $$ and only took about 10 minutes to modify it to work.

FOR SALE
Sunday, December 21, 2008 12:51 PM
Here are the pictures of the piece installed after modifying it. Like I said i'll pull it out later this week sand the clear coat off and re clear it.

Ignore the wires in the picture they are for the door poppers, and other pieces of the dash since entire interior is out.

FOR SALE
Sunday, December 21, 2008 1:09 PM
Better for sure, I've used a Dremel for many things.

Hell I even cut a ball joint's nut free with mine. Modifying a-pillars, trimming the 2k+ dash support bar, I couldn't live without it.

Monday, December 22, 2008 2:54 PM
most peoples perfect on here is some peoples crap. im sure allot of people on here would have left them stock and thought they looked fine.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Monday, December 22, 2008 8:23 PM
Well with that said I must agree on that. Plenty of hack em up jobs in most posts. When I get to that point tell me so I can shoot myself.

I admired both of your cars in the past/present hopefully this build will be able to compare over time.

FOR SALE
Thursday, January 01, 2009 10:40 PM
Looks tons better.

Member of JBO - 9 Years & Counting...
Friday, January 02, 2009 9:52 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:
Drifted Cavy aka: Suicidal Cav wrote:Chris Snyder was his name I think it was s1lver_N1p...

s1lver_N1p wrote:

and..I called it-

haha. i never taped them down so they kept gettin caught on my shoes as well as passengers. more worried about them gettin slammed in a door by an uncaring passenger. many people have bought them. they aren't crap compared to other items produced. just have to do the time to make them fit, which i didn't want to do. i wasn't worried about the edges being seen, cuz you could barely notice it on the inside of the threshold. plus they don't match any of the other c/f i have done in my interior.

Friday, January 02, 2009 2:12 PM
you have any progress pics etc for your car BaggedOn20s ?

Friday, January 02, 2009 4:02 PM
s1lver_N1p wrote:
Joe Schulte wrote:
Drifted Cavy aka: Suicidal Cav wrote:Chris Snyder was his name I think it was s1lver_N1p...

s1lver_N1p wrote:

and..I called it-

haha. i never taped them down so they kept gettin caught on my shoes as well as passengers. more worried about them gettin slammed in a door by an uncaring passenger. many people have bought them. they aren't crap compared to other items produced. just have to do the time to make them fit, which i didn't want to do. i wasn't worried about the edges being seen, cuz you could barely notice it on the inside of the threshold. plus they don't match any of the other c/f i have done in my interior.

Well I don't like to start sh!t however I call bullsh!t, the pieces I purchased from you were covered in double sided tape that was still sticky. Either way incase someone who isn't looking to fabricate anything purchases anything from you in the future let them know what to expect upon arrival.

Xplicit if you want to see anything specific just ask. Basically interior is all out, Ragtop is going in within the next few weeks, along with new black carpet and I plan to start putting the interior back into the car. I put together the steering wheel surroundings and the new steering wheel on and it felt good to see something finally go together instead of come apart haha. I don't want to whore this post up for future searchers however if you want to see any part of the car along the way just ask.

added some more carbon fiber to the engine bay today, and ordered the above mentioned ragtop.

Thanks for the interest in the build.

FOR SALE
Friday, January 02, 2009 5:32 PM
it would be nice to really just see pics of the whole car inside and out lol, i dont think i have seen s2000 tails on a cav before, suicide doors arent too common either, the whole build intrigues me lol. i love when we people custom fabricate their cars so any pics are good

Friday, January 02, 2009 5:42 PM
I'll post some pictures in the next week or so when I am done with the running all my digital air ride, and putting some of the audio/interior back in. For now there are pictures around the forums of different things going on with the project at the current time.

FOR SALE
Friday, January 02, 2009 5:50 PM
All the carbon fibre "overlay kits" I've ever seen looked just like your first picture, seems fitment doesn't matter as long as it's CF, right? ...Right?

Friday, January 02, 2009 5:58 PM
i just cannot believe these things came from rk sport, EVERY cf piece ive gotten from them has been top notch quality and ive not had a complaint yet. these things look more like something someone did in their garage in the debt of winter, with no lights and high on resin.

meh, its not the first time mr silver has treated a buyer like crap... i kept quiet for one reason and one reason alone, he is usually a stand up guy on here and until now i really didnt mind because it wasnt a whole lot of money.

on a carbon fiber item to boot...

i bought a CF sunroof switch bezel from him after he claimed it would fit ALL 95-99 switches, nope. just 95's and 96's. mine being a 98, i just wasted $60 and havent been able to sell it. and the only way to use it would be to hack off the 98 plug and wire in a 95 or 96. no f'ing way, no thanks.

i asked him NICELY what he would like to do about it, he said he was sorry and that he didnt know it wouldn't work (which i can understand) then he said try selling it for what i paid for it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Friday, January 02, 2009 6:21 PM

Are you scared of the changes coming? The answer is on the inside.
Friday, January 02, 2009 6:26 PM
z yaaaa wrote:

i asked him NICELY what he would like to do about it, he said he was sorry and that he didnt know it wouldn't work (which i can understand) then he said try selling it for what i paid for it.

Thats the point in any conversation relating to a bad product any stand up seller would say hey, its my fault, I gave ya bad info..let me give your money back...and just return the peice..

Friday, January 02, 2009 9:20 PM
Yeah, I hope in the future he may have learned something here. Whenever selling anything let the buyer know what's going on, in most cases I tell the buyer why i'm selling anything. I had problems with fitment, you may have better luck/may require some cutting, for example. But what pi%%ed me off is he says he never taped them down. When I got them they were full of sticky tape and I didn't even go into how right off the back they need to be clear coated from him and his passengers shoes that kept getting caught he mentioned. Zyaaaa, the amount of money is an issue whenever it is no longer in your pocket and now you have a piece that is in your case utterly useless.

ex: I paid $150.00 for these thresholds shipped thinking hey, decent deal rather then paying $210.00 plus shipping. I figured saved some money woo hoo, and after Joe showed me the topic stating when you asked that they weren't worth a sh!t and he agreed. That burned me up, like zyaaaa said I thought he was a stand up guy. I for one have lost respect for any facts he may be stating. Wondering if he is holding any suprises back for other to find out on their own.

All in all, I will be taking down the scuffs and re-clear coating this week. I waited because I had just ordered some c/f engine pieces to my suprise the engine pieces came to my doorstep FLAWLESS needing no work so I can get to work on these pieces. I will post more pictures upon finishing the clear coating.

FOR SALE
Sunday, January 04, 2009 5:23 PM
well i know s1lver bought them from someone else so likely the tape was still there from the origonal owner, and in knowing him for the last couple of years i have never seen them in his car at all. so if he had them in the car it wasn't for any long period of time.

Monday, January 05, 2009 4:09 PM
would just like to let it be known that chris (silver n1p) has offered to make things right with me. i respect him for offering, however, i feel as though since it took me 6 months to find the error that it was also in part, my own fault. i just told him it was all right and he didnt need to buy it back.

so.. for slandering your name, i apologize to you, chris. thanks for the offer though, it really was very appreciated.

Are you scared of the changes coming? The answer is on the inside.
Monday, January 05, 2009 5:01 PM
I was also contacted, as I wrote to him no hard feelings I just asked that he think about what he's selling incase it is a guy expecting a bolt on piece.

All is good... i've been slacking on updating this post due to me installing the Easystreet Auto Pilot this weekend but I will get around to sanding down the scuff marks and reapplying clear. Sorry for the delay

FOR SALE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search