Rear Seat Delete - Page 3 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Rear Seat Delete
Friday, May 01, 2009 2:52 AM
honestly, when people refer to the tent that's returned coming out of someone elses pocket... i have something to say about that.

I work in retail, and anyone at a store level who NEEDS that amount of money, such as myself, my managers, even district managers and regionals have a salary or wage that is never affected by a returned tent, or in my case, 500-700 dollar snowbaord or bike. It makes no difference. The pockets that they come out of are pockets of CEOs and presidents of the company who quite frankly, screw the lowly sales associates around so badly that they deserve to pay 300 bucks here and there. Return away, u arent hurting anyone who cant afford to be hurt.

THAT BEING SAID... if u cant save up for something, dont buy it. I'm a 19 yr old guy going to school full time and working 2 jobs, and i still managed to put over 5 grand into my car without ever going into debt or returning something after using it. Learn to manage finances, or ur in for trouble later.

Friday, May 01, 2009 5:16 AM
Dan Cummings wrote:honestly, when people refer to the tent that's returned coming out of someone elses pocket... i have something to say about that.

I work in retail, and anyone at a store level who NEEDS that amount of money, such as myself, my managers, even district managers and regionals have a salary or wage that is never affected by a returned tent, or in my case, 500-700 dollar snowbaord or bike. It makes no difference. The pockets that they come out of are pockets of CEOs and presidents of the company who quite frankly, screw the lowly sales associates around so badly that they deserve to pay 300 bucks here and there. Return away, u arent hurting anyone who cant afford to be hurt.

THAT BEING SAID... if u cant save up for something, dont buy it. I'm a 19 yr old guy going to school full time and working 2 jobs, and i still managed to put over 5 grand into my car without ever going into debt or returning something after using it. Learn to manage finances, or ur in for trouble later.

actually, you would be very wrong. Do you really think the money comes out of the CEO's pocket? The people who lose out are the share holders. The company will write those things off.

However that is not the point. The point is, if you can't afford it, don't buy it...and even worse, don't buy it to use it and then return it.
Perfect example of why this country is such a mess, and why morals show up in few people these days.

"The inmates are running the Asylum"
Sunday, May 03, 2009 5:18 PM
stores have to factor in x amount of money lost do to theft, people posting above who use stuff and return it when there done etc etc etc. if they didnt have to figure that money in prices could be even lower. i hate the whole other people do it so why shouldn't i mentality. thats the sad reality of this country. someone does something shady and isntead of people looking down on that person and raising up above it, they get greedy and lower their morals and try to get something for nothing as well. grow up. work for what you own and rise above it instead of lowering yourself into the gutter like all the other low life losers in society.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, May 04, 2009 4:14 PM
^^This.

Thursday, May 07, 2009 8:59 PM
I do agree with the if you cant afford it dont buy it. That's what rental centers are for. Go there, pay the daily fee and be happy. And if there aren't any rental centers around ask friends. If they're of no help dont do it. But I'm 99% sure there is at least one person you can rent off of and who is in your area.

I do see the flip side of the argument though. By returning the item you'd only use once you'd allow someone else to enjoy the welder more. Rent, buy, or not at all.

1997 Cavalier Z24 4Spd Auto. Magnaflow dual exhaust.
Thursday, May 07, 2009 9:30 PM
Jason and Joey speak the truth.

Im poor(broke) ATM and i all the modding i have done was installing the items i purchased last year. All im doing is planning my next steps until i can afford them(get back on my feet).

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 12:46 PM
o totally, thats why i made sure to say if u cant afford it, dont do it lol. If u really wanna do stuff to ur car, go to mcdonalds one less time a week, save 20 bucks a month, and save up til u can buy somethin haha

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:04 PM
I've modded my old cavi, and modding's an expensive job.
Where I live, NO ONE mods J-bodies.

I usually gets laughed at by the asians in BMWs and Hondas, until I blow past them on the quarter mile or track. =D

If you need to rent a welder, I THINK home depot would have them.

As for returned products, I believe that if it has been used, then it it no longer sold as a new item. Most likely taken to the refurbished shelf or sold at discount stores.

I don't really blame people for buying something to use then returning it. We live in a pretty disposable world where everything has no more of a shelf life of a year.

Our cars are less and less reliable and harder to fix, with the average lifetime within 10 years (I'm in the industry)

Our products get cheaper and cheaper, while options become more every year. Most things that we have in NA, are made cheaply by cheaply waged people in China.
Therefore, the companies that DO sell these, mark up the items 1000%.

HOWVER, the way that we, as a society, have been spending money have been on, completely disposable things.

You look at Ikea, for example. Completely cheap, good looking, temporary furniture. Totally would only last a couple years, tops.

We can throw away everything and buy a new one tomorrow. We can use and return something, most of the time within 30 days.
I can't speak for everyone here, but I know this much, that this mentality has already been deeply rooted in our society, and it is unfortunately here to stay.
With rapid growth in technological conveniences and advances also come the rapid growth of disposable services and items.

To the OP: If u feel u want to do this welder thing, go do it. If you want to mod ur car, go ahead. Personally I'm impressede that you're even trying on such a small budget. It tells me u love this thing. a lot. Where I'm from, people have lost the ability to mod their own cars. they jsut squeeze money from their CEO dads who make tents and CEO mom who make camping equipment and just throw the car at a shop and then said "they did it" while showing it off with the other rich kids doing the same things.

If you love to mod. Mod it. If you love it enough.
Monday, June 15, 2009 7:43 PM
Wow. I just stumbled onto this thread, and the douchebaggery is ridiculous. Sorry to bring it back from the dead, but I wanted to make a couple of comments:
Dan Cummings wrote:I work in retail, and anyone at a store level who NEEDS that amount of money, such as myself, my managers, even district managers and regionals have a salary or wage that is never affected by a returned tent, or in my case, 500-700 dollar snowbaord or bike. It makes no difference. The pockets that they come out of are pockets of CEOs and presidents of the company who quite frankly, screw the lowly sales associates around so badly that they deserve to pay 300 bucks here and there. Return away, u arent hurting anyone who cant afford to be hurt.

Congratulations on falling for the corporate hatred rhetoric.

I'd really like to hear how it's OK to steal from someone who can afford the loss. You might work in retail, but I guarantee you haven't worked in any real management of it, otherwise you would know differently.

tyler wojo wrote:I can argue this all day. Would I do this to any store besides walmart? No. Walmart runs America, admit it. I am just 1 small vote, it doesn't matter. Everyone else does it, why can't I; the debate is endless. I'm not here to debate about this though. I have to cut corners to do what I love to do, and that is mod my car. At 17 years old, working with a Dairy Queen salary, I do what I find necessary. I have morals and this doesn't seem to be breaking any of them. Anyways I found out one of my friends can weld, so I'll just have him do this for me when the time comes.
end thread.

noobs.

No, you don't have morals. You might tell yourself that to feel better, but if you can compromise them for something as simple as modding your car, you only do the right thing when it's convenient.

As I stated with Dan above, I'd love to hear how it's morally OK for you to steal from someone just because they can afford it. If you want to prove to yourself that you really have morals, try doing the right thing even when you can get away with doing the wrong thing.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 4:58 AM
stbucky wrote:
AWD GS wrote:
tyler wojo wrote:

noobs.

noob? lol

btw i just spent 20 bucks at walmart today on my lunch break.

Get a puppy? Some fish?

Dude... Puppies cost more than that..... you know that LOL

The funny thing is that I spent about the same at wal=mart last night during break myself.... kinda weird.... doesnt happen every day though.

As for the camping thing.... you wanna know what I did last time I went camping? I strapped a tent to the handlebars of a motorcycle.... bungied a bag to the back fender...... rode 300 miles.... and slept in the tent with the bike next to it...

Thats camping you pussies.... and the "camping supplies" hardly cost a thing...

As far as buying something knowing your going to return it..... Unless you do something like that because it's something you absolutly have to do for some strange reason because your poor as hell and you dont have a choice (I mean something you actually had to have done like welding up something quck on your POS car so you can get to work) then maybee....... just maybee....... but doing @!#$ like that for stuff like your talking about? You should be kicked in the balls for that.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 6:46 AM
Weebel wrote:
As for the camping thing.... you wanna know what I did last time I went camping? I strapped a tent to the handlebars of a motorcycle.... bungied a bag to the back fender...... rode 300 miles.... and slept in the tent with the bike next to it...

Thats camping you pussies.... and the "camping supplies" hardly cost a thing...

LOL that is one way to go camping thats for sure.

The last time I went "camping" was last weekend, sleeping in a 5 foot reinforced trench with a C9 LMG at my side and enough ammo to take on a small infantry company.

Now THATS camping haha

see link below for what i really mean (thats an old pic, 4 years ago I believe, but it makes the point... it was @!#$ cold!!!!!)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=944118&l=62eaecf5fe&id=506900729

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 10:45 PM
I've slept in dirt with full NBC gear on before..... you wake up with one hell of a headache LOL...

That Pic reminds me of Elmendorf AFB...

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 5:50 AM
MMMM NBC gear, and everytime you move, or take it off you get a wiff of the gas and want to die.

those are good times lol

Its Actually CFB Meaford, ive never actually been to Elmendorf.

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 1:33 PM
OhForKavy wrote:LOL.. I'm not on welfare and didn't say it was right. I'm dong fine for myself, like someone else was modding on welfare..don't remember who. I don't put myself out by modding my car. Something like a welder, if you spend the money on it, you might as well keep it, because once you get decent at it, it will open a whole new door.

People ask why i put all my money into cars..... know what i tell them? I could be putting it into worse things, like drugs. lawl

I could see returning some kind of stuff, but now all of your camping stuff. (maybe some, lawl)

It's kinda like buying ketchup...l using half... then returning it saying its bad, just not cool. hahahaha

Allwell.. Wal Mart isn't hurtning any, they prospered in the recession and are continueing to build EVERYWHERE hahaha.
Wednesday, July 01, 2009 4:03 PM
Dan Cummings wrote:o totally, thats why i made sure to say if u cant afford it, dont do it lol. If u really wanna do stuff to ur car, go to mcdonalds one less time a week, save 20 bucks a month, and save up til u can buy somethin haha

for real, best thing i have heard in a long time...and proven by myself.
i have stopped on all the small things that i dont "need" and now i have the cash i need for paint.
so im happy!

interesting conv. goin on here...
i have been studying things like this in some of my Management courses, ill hold off on speculation though. im no expert.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search