Steering wheel - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Steering wheel
Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:50 AM
Is it possible to put an 03 cavalier stck steering wheel in a 96 cavalier? If so how had wld it be!!!!???

Re: Steering wheel
Thursday, April 30, 2009 10:54 AM
You would have to swap out the entire steering column from an 03-05 and have the 03-05 airbag as well.
Its not very difficult to do. Juat change your ignition cylinder over to the new one,
Thursday, April 30, 2009 11:45 AM
lol
slap in the face.

Friday, May 01, 2009 7:21 AM
I forgot to mention but the reason why is where the steering wheel attaches is a different size, if you need diagrams on how to swap columns I can get em for you
Friday, May 01, 2009 8:12 AM
If you dont mind I could prob use them!!

Monday, May 04, 2009 5:11 PM
not to argue with anyone, but are you positive on that? I know in my 97 cavy I had a 93 cavy steering wheel. Did they change when they went to the ecotec motor?

Lifes a B**ch,
You marry one,
Then you DIE!!
Monday, May 04, 2009 7:22 PM
yup, Im not sure what gm had in mind as to why they had to change the diameter, but basically before than all gms were practically all the same, i remember having a 92 cav wheel in my 87 s10.
Its only the 03-05 that have the smaller one, how i know is I wanted a wheel with audio controls in my 03 and liked the grand prix wheel from a 99 so i had to use another column to have the bigger size, and used a clockspring from a 98 sunfire gt with audio controls to do my swap.
Tuesday, May 05, 2009 8:20 AM
ok, heres another ?....i really like the new camaro wheel...would that be swappable if i take the whole column too?(lol, how much do you think this will run...)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search