Steering Column/Steering Wheel on 03+ - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Steering Column/Steering Wheel on 03+
Thursday, April 30, 2009 4:54 PM
After searching thru the site it is apparent that in an effort to keep everything from being as simple as possible GM decided to change the spline midway thru the '03 model year. Some have said a portion of the 03+ have the newer spline while some have the spline used for previous model years.

The question is - Does anyone know what identifies the change? Is there a different letter/number within the VIN?

I'm contemplating swapping the OE wheel for a Grant but prefer not to take off the wheel/airbag if I am only going to have to reinstall said wheel/airbag. I am aware of the 2ohm resistor needed to 'trick' the airbag light in the event I have an older spline.

BTW - I have an '04 Cav if this makes any kind of difference and would prefer not to swap columns for an '02 or earlier because in my opinion its just not worth it in the grand scheme of things (as of right now anyway).

Any help is appreciated as I searched but cannot find whether or not there is a definitive way of recognizing the above question.

thanks

Right place, wrong time, right person, wrong situation

Re: Steering Column/Steering Wheel on 03+
Saturday, May 02, 2009 12:10 PM
Shaun...the MOMO hub that everyone talks about fits perfectly on the 04s. I used it to install my Sparco Mugello wheel.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Re: Steering Column/Steering Wheel on 03+
Sunday, May 03, 2009 3:39 PM
Thanks! I assume since its a Grant wheel I want to install I will need the Grant to MOMO adapter since the Grant is a 5 bolt wheel and the MOMO is a 6 bolt hub. Correct??

Right place, wrong time, right person, wrong situation
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search