APC M3 mirrors....help - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
APC M3 mirrors....help
Saturday, February 06, 2010 1:00 AM
ok, so im gonna be buying these from a someone here on JBO.....
they are for manual windows...as mine is a manual.

my problem is, there is no way to ajust them!
...and if you cant ajus them, caz no ajuster,

what about the hole in my mirror sail??
what can i do to get rid of it?

is there a drivers side sail without an ajuster hole?
is there a way i just use the stock ajusther stick on these mirrors?

not sure what to do?

pics

Re: APC M3 mirrors....help
Saturday, February 06, 2010 1:52 AM
umm move the mirror with your hand?

Saturday, February 06, 2010 3:27 AM
fiberglass a new sail with no hole?

Saturday, February 06, 2010 3:54 AM
i dont really care how i move it, im just saying....if there is a way to use the stock handle, that would be sexy.

besides that, i dont want a hole where the handle used to be......

was just wondering if there were any cav's out there, that did not have a handle for the drivers side...any particular years or anything....so i dont have to fiberglass any holes up.

Saturday, February 06, 2010 5:13 AM
I have the simplest solution to this problem.

Get stock mirrors, that is of course unless you like having bunny ears that are basically useless to see out of.

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.

Saturday, February 06, 2010 6:16 AM
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:I have the simplest solution to this problem.

Get stock mirrors, that is of course unless you like having bunny ears that are basically useless to see out of.

i have stock mirrors....well mirror...

if i wanted stock mirrors i would get them. i really want toyo mirros...but manual to electric mirrors...no way for me...
and electric mirrors, with manual everything else??? nope! doesnt quite work for me!

so im looking at getting these off wayders!
i like the way the look...even if they are like half the size of the stockers!

...and these ones dont angle upwards like Shrek ears! they sit level with the car!

any real help here anyone??

Saturday, February 06, 2010 8:36 AM
What do you want us to tell you? You can't use the stock adjuster with them. Just adjust with your hand.
You'll get sick of those mirrors really fast

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq
Saturday, February 06, 2010 8:46 AM
slvrblit wrote:What do you want us to tell you? You can't use the stock adjuster with them. Just adjust with your hand.
You'll get sick of those mirrors really fast

well, i know there is out there a passenger side mirror that has an ajuster on certain models....on my cav, the pass. has to be ajusted by hand [no handle] ....is there any base model cavs. that didnt even have an ajuster on the drivers side, where i can get a sail with no handle hole? that was my other question no one has answered!

i know how to fawkin ajust a mirror!
im asking.....any way besides FG the sail closed....and anyway to rig the stock handle?

the reason i keep asking is caz no one answered like any or my questions!
....im just getting opinions about how @!#$ty everyone thinks the mirrors are!
im not asking you what you think of them. im asking if there are ways to make them work,
besides hand out the window ajusting.

thats for letting me know, there is no way to use the stock ajuster.

now does anyone know about an ajuster-less sail for the drivers side without a hole?

or is the ONLY way to FG something up?

Saturday, February 06, 2010 9:24 AM
Would the sail for a car with power windows work or is the adjuster still up there?

Just adjust the damn thing with your hands. How often do you adjust your mirrors? Mine never get adjusted unless I wash my car.

Saturday, February 06, 2010 10:17 AM
TheSundownFire (JBO Chat) wrote:Would the sail for a car with power windows work or is the adjuster still up there?

Just adjust the damn thing with your hands. How often do you adjust your mirrors? Mine never get adjusted unless I wash my car.

im not so much worried about ajusting them. was just real curious, if i could actually get the stock ajuster to work.
my biggest problem is the hole from the ajuster in there! and yep! already checked it out, the power mirror sails have a big old
bulge and a hole for where the ajuster switch goes!

im guessing FGing up a sail is gonna be another lil added thing on the ever so long check listto do things!

Saturday, February 06, 2010 9:41 PM
my passanger mirror does not adjust...so the trim piece that goes over it is just a flat panel.....maybe you could fiberglass over the hole on the drivers side and just paint them.

Rememeber kids... spell check is your friend

Saturday, February 06, 2010 11:40 PM
The only driver side mirror sail that is flat is the toyo cav mirror sail, I dont believe any other cav/sunfire driver side mirror sail come without a adjuster

Sunday, February 07, 2010 5:28 AM
just put a power window one it /thread

and just for the record, those are wayders old mirrors, and they are rear apc ones, so they DON'T stick up like bunny ears.

Sunday, February 07, 2010 7:07 AM
ChevyBoi89 wrote:if i wanted stock mirrors i would get them. i really want toyo mirros...but manual to electric mirrors...no way for me...
and electric mirrors, with manual everything else??? nope! doesnt quite work for me!

You don't have to adjust them electrically, just do it manually like you're going to do with the APC ones and they'll work fine

Sunday, February 07, 2010 12:38 PM
Gary Frank wrote:just put a power window one it /thread

one up front is a manual sail..see how it dips down and has a hole? i dont want the dip or the hole,
if i cannot ajust them with the manual ajuster. see the second one...thats the power one. it has a "bubble"
instead of a dip and has a hole in it for the power window controller on it....just as bad looking.

Gary Frank wrote:and just for the record, those are wayders old mirrors, and they are rear apc ones, so they DON'T stick up like bunny ears.

mentioned above.

Cruisin4DrCav wrote:
ChevyBoi89 wrote:if i wanted stock mirrors i would get them. i really want toyo mirros...but manual to electric mirrors...no way for me...

You don't have to adjust them electrically, just do it manually like you're going to do with the APC ones and they'll work fine

not worth it to do that. would be silly! i would like to do it the right way if i got them!

Sunday, February 07, 2010 1:51 PM
just fill the hole with some mud, sand, primer and paint

end thread, and buy my mirrors lol

Sunday, February 07, 2010 6:24 PM
i have something similar...i just adjust them by hand on the glass. just move the glass to the position, isn't that hard.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."
Monday, February 08, 2010 4:26 AM
ChevyBoi89 wrote:

one up front is a manual sail..see how it dips down and has a hole? i dont want the dip or the hole,
if i cannot ajust them with the manual ajuster. see the second one...thats the power one. it has a "bubble"
instead of a dip and has a hole in it for the power window controller on it....just as bad looking. .

I'm not dumb, i know the difference between the sails, whether you like it or u can not make the manual adjuster work,everyone's already told u what your options are, you can either put a power window cover over to cover, just leave the manual one, or fill the manual one. Its not that hard, just pick what u wanna do....

ChevyBoi89 wrote:
Gary Frank wrote:and just for the record, those are wayders old mirrors, and they are rear apc ones, so they DON'T stick up like bunny ears.

mentioned above.

i was backing you up dickhead

Monday, February 08, 2010 7:03 PM
Gary Frank wrote:
ChevyBoi89 wrote:

instead of a dip and has a hole in it for the power window controller on it....just as bad looking. .

I'm not dumb, i know the difference between the sails, whether you like it or u can not make the manual adjuster work,everyone's already told u what your options are, you can either put a power window cover over to cover, just leave the manual one, or fill the manual one. Its not that hard, just pick what u wanna do....

ChevyBoi89 wrote:

mentioned above.

i was backing you up dickhead

whoah dude chill man!
i was in no way insulting you or anything!
im sorry if i had said anything rude or wrong!
ive been following your thread on your car great work my man!
looks sweet!
i just didnt know if u thot the power mirror controller was someplace else on the car [like door panel or somethin], like sundown wasnt sure about the power sail [im guessing he has manual ones like me] that was just for like everyone how didnt know the diff between the two...not in anyway directed just to u, even tho it was in your quote. im sorry man.
and as for me tellin ya i had already mentioned they were Wayde's..just thot u didnt see me post that up!
so i just mentioned it was mentioned!!!

but as Soapy said. the yota mirror cover is flat with now hole in it for the driver side. so, does anyone have a part number they can get me, so i can price a toyo sail from GM? and well, look at a pic/diagram to make sure there is no hole, or anything?

PART NUMBER NEEDED: Toyota Cavalier inner mirror sail [Driver side]

thankyoo Soapy, i have also been reading up on your build thread, good stuff goin on in there!
new wheels will look sick!!!!

once i get info on the toyo part, i will decide if im going to glass the stock sail or buy the yota one....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search