Rear lower seat - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear lower seat
Friday, May 21, 2010 4:32 PM
I have an 04 cavalier. I bottom rear seat and can't figure out how it goes back in. Can somebody tell me or point to a link that will help me please.

Re: Rear lower seat
Friday, May 21, 2010 4:41 PM
Push in at the bottom in the center of both seats. Do this while pushing down and release.

Should stay in place.

Friday, May 21, 2010 7:37 PM
Mike wrote:Push in at the bottom in the center of both seats. Do this while pushing down and release.

Should stay in place.

That's the way most back seats that I have seen are. This one has 2 plastic clips and I'm not sure how they attach or how mount on the floorboard.
Friday, May 21, 2010 9:27 PM
They can be a pain to push back in. If you look right at the bottom of the seats you should see two slits on the left and right sides, the plastic clips that are on the seat bottom have to pushed in there. Ive found that it helps to get one side in first before doing the other. Also dont be afraid to use some force to push them in, the plastic is tough and shouldnt break, and even if they do they are not expensive to replace. Hope this helps.

David

Friday, May 21, 2010 9:37 PM
Ahh. All of mine have been '00 and older. Don't even think I took out the back in the '00 Z...I know I have in the older ones many times.

They must have changed the design.

Friday, May 21, 2010 11:54 PM
Yeah the plastic clips are a pain, but with patients and a fladhlight you should be fine. And even if they break that's why god graced us with zip ties :p

Monday, May 24, 2010 9:36 AM
David Fairhurst wrote:They can be a pain to push back in. If you look right at the bottom of the seats you should see two slits on the left and right sides, the plastic clips that are on the seat bottom have to pushed in there. Ive found that it helps to get one side in first before doing the other. Also dont be afraid to use some force to push them in, the plastic is tough and shouldnt break, and even if they do they are not expensive to replace. Hope this helps.

David

How do the plastic clips mount on the seat and which way do they go into the floorboard ? Do you have any pics or could you take some ? That would really help me out.
Monday, May 24, 2010 6:33 PM
I broke all of my clips. It just sits in there plenty fine without them.

Thursday, May 27, 2010 4:22 PM
The clips mount to the metal hooks on the bottom of the left and right sides of the seat. Ill take out my back seat either tomorrow afternoon or on saturday and ill take some pics for ya. Also to push the clips into the metal slits you kinda have to push towards the seat backs and down at the same time.

David

Friday, June 11, 2010 7:15 AM
Here you go:

Monday, June 14, 2010 11:34 PM
That is a very helpful pic ^^^^

I had to figure this out after some officers of the law ripped my back seat up.

Took me about 20 min of staring at the clip, scratch marks on the brackets on the floorboard, and underside of the seat to get it.

Thanks pigs.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search