Famous dash crack... - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Famous dash crack...
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 7:26 PM
I have an 2003 Cavalier with about 120k as soon as i got the car I took the dash pad off and loosened the back piece so it wasnt so stiff, that it had room to move. Always kept it conditioned armor all etc. driving the other day I noticed "the famous cavalier dash crack" starting by passenger airbag...yay for Cavaliers..

This is my Signature sweet huh?

Re: Famous dash crack...
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:27 AM
Don't feel bad, Mine's an 04 with 20k original and mine cracked.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:27 AM
You can buy the $100 cover, or get lucky and find the whole thing at a junkyard. Otherwise just get the carpet dash cover and call it a day. Thats what I did, covers the crack with a $20 piece of carpet

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:53 AM
i hear jeffie is in the works on a sweet replacement for the dash, stay tuned...

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 12:21 PM
@!#$ search!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:11 PM
blucavvy wrote:@!#$ search!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@!#$ read he didn't ask about how to fix it. He was just saying his cracked. Dickweed........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:12 PM

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:22 PM
^ thank you

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 1:37 PM
lol, i think both of you took my response a bit too seriously. but that's ok, i'm alright with being a dickweed

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:11 PM
blucavvy wrote:lol, i think both of you took my response a bit too seriously. but that's ok, i'm alright with being a dickweed

I had to haven't said dickweed in a long time. Dickweed is a good funny word

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 2:25 PM
tis true

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:53 PM
blucavvy wrote:tis true

But to answer yes it was missed humor since most of the @!#$ that say stuff like that on here didn't read the post and are just being complete @!#$ tools.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:14 AM
i just thought it was funny that a thread was made just to say he had a dash crack, lol

Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:26 AM
truth is you feel like an idiot for posting search...and not reading my post. I made the post because I was surprised my dash cracked in my 03 already..that is all and by the way sweet elmo sticker..hoooooooooommmmmmmmmoooooo

Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:53 AM
I had a 2000 Z with 150,000 miles and no dash crack and now I have an 04 with no dash crack and 100,000 miles.

I think the whole "dash crack" thing is a big conspiracy.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:56 AM
Scott (Silver Z) wrote:I had a 2000 Z with 150,000 miles and no dash crack and now I have an 04 with no dash crack and 100,000 miles.

I think the whole "dash crack" thing is a big conspiracy.

negative ....i have a 03 that just hit 139,000 and my dash is cracked

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, September 23, 2010 10:59 AM
I wish I had just one crack. Mine has 3. 2 near the middle and 1 on the left edge.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:40 PM
shiny03cav wrote:truth is you feel like an idiot for posting search...and not reading my post. I made the post because I was surprised my dash cracked in my 03 already..that is all and by the way sweet elmo sticker..hoooooooooommmmmmmmmoooooo

lolz, uh oh. did i hurt your feelings a little bit? gotta start name calling now? or ripping on the sticker that you have no idea the reason it's on my bumper for (nor does anyone else on this site), and i don't need to even bother trying to explain it to you. it's ok, when you graduate hikes school maybe you butt won't get so hurt.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:02 PM
blucavvy wrote:
shiny03cav wrote:truth is you feel like an idiot for posting search...and not reading my post. I made the post because I was surprised my dash cracked in my 03 already..that is all and by the way sweet elmo sticker..hoooooooooommmmmmmmmoooooo

lolz, uh oh. did i hurt your feelings a little bit? gotta start name calling now? or ripping on the sticker that you have no idea the reason it's on my bumper for (nor does anyone else on this site), and i don't need to even bother trying to explain it to you. it's ok, when you graduate hikes school maybe you butt won't get so hurt.

Fromshiny03cavsig wrote: Education: High School Grad

blucavvy wrote: when you graduate hikes school .

Hmmm....

Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:10 PM
My Sunfire dash hasnt cracked yet. Oh wait

Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:52 PM
Scott (Silver Z) wrote:
blucavvy wrote:

Fromshiny03cavsig wrote: Education: High School Grad

blucavvy wrote: when you graduate hikes school .

Hmmm....

i didn't know if anyone would actually catch the billy madison reference or not, oh well it was worth a shot.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 2:11 PM
I'm still yet to see a single Cav in NY that's on the road, or in a junkyard with a cracked dash...

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 2:41 PM
Sunfires usually cracks their dash on the inside, near the glove-box door. You won't see it like the Cav, but it lurks under the dashboard..

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:34 PM
nope didnt really hurt my feelings..

Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:36 PM
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:Sunfires usually cracks their dash on the inside, near the glove-box door. You won't see it like the Cav, but it lurks under the dashboard..

Not there either. Im just a bad man.

Friday, September 24, 2010 6:30 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:I'm still yet to see a single Cav in NY that's on the road, or in a junkyard with a cracked dash...

I have a buddy who found one completely intact, and in his color too. (don't mention that it cracked a few weeks after putting it in). You can find them, but it probably needs to be the equinox, all the planets are aligned, and the moon is overhead. Possible, yes, but I wouldnt hold your breath.

Also, stop hating on Elmo. He knows where you live.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search