Interior Upholstery - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Interior Upholstery
Monday, December 20, 2010 6:41 PM
Ok... so I have seen Teddy's car and some others and I have decided it is time to reupholster my door panel carpeting and headliner. However I can't decide what color, pattern, or material to use. If I could get some opinions on what to do (that would look good) it would be greatly appreciated. If it helps, my dash panel is color matched to the yellow of my car. Thanks!

Rollin' on 16's*

Re: Interior Upholstery
Monday, December 20, 2010 6:56 PM
black. there's not a whole lot that's going to go with yellow and not look tacky.

Monday, December 20, 2010 6:59 PM
what color is your interior now, charcoal?Black? if black id suggest an upolstery vynil for the fabric,do the headliner black with that,will make it nice and smooth instead of the stock fabric, the center console arm rest lid same material just yellow as well as the door panels/door pockets, keep it simple, if its charcoal colored obviously use in place of black. and maybe the back window deck.

Monday, December 20, 2010 7:25 PM
My interior is the charcoalish color and the dark seats with the white speckles and tan headliner. So a plaid kind of thing wouldnt work? Just go plain colored? Just tryin to get a feel for what i shouldnt do. Thanks!

Rollin' on 16's*
Tuesday, December 21, 2010 9:44 AM
might get a yellow plaid to work with it. id problaby stick with black personally.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, December 21, 2010 2:21 PM
Black suede!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 3:19 PM
sndsgood wrote:might get a yellow plaid to work with it. id problaby stick with black personally.

this.

nobody said you couldn't do plaid, but u might get tired of looking at it kind of quick. plaid may be what is "in", but at least with a basic darker color to sort of "match" the rest of the interior you know you won't be disgusted looking at it in a half a year.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 4:49 PM
thanks for the input everyone! i did find a plaid that matched well but a darker color seems like a safer bet hmmm.....

Rollin' on 16's*
Wednesday, December 22, 2010 11:14 AM
Whatever you decide on, just remember --
None of it's gonna look right with that tan headliner unless it is, in fact, BLACK.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 2:24 PM
buz-buz wrote:Whatever you decide on, just remember --
None of it's gonna look right with that tan headliner unless it is, in fact, BLACK.

^^^100% correct. so pick up some black fabric spray paint. did mine a while back and now everything tie's together. cuz everything is black lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search