SUNFIRE SEAT SWAP? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SUNFIRE SEAT SWAP?
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 8:50 PM
What car seats swap nicely into a 97 sunfire GT? I'm looking for swaping the front and rear seats for something leather, like the grand prix gtp seats, but do they bolt right up into the sunfire? If not, do the grand ams come with leather seats? What about the cobalts or g5's? Anyone know about this let me know please!

Re: SUNFIRE SEAT SWAP?
Tuesday, February 08, 2011 10:01 PM
probably could have searched this but anyways to let ya know what i know about this, im not sure about the grand prix etc but i do know that the F-body seats are a direct swap from what ive heard. f-body being camaro and firebirds

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 4:16 AM
most other seats will require you fabbing up your own brackets.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 3:08 PM
So camaro and firebirds are direct fit? Which years does this apply to?
Wednesday, February 09, 2011 4:00 PM
Camaro and firebirds are a direct swap, yes. Good luck finding some in decent condition.

Grand am seats fit. Years 99-05. Only the front seats will fit. It will require you to swap the j-body sliders over to the grand am seats, and remove the grand am sliders. Very easy to do. You will need 8 grade 8 or better, bolts. Yes, grand am's came with leather seats. I believe the leather seats are only power seats though.

For the back, let me know what you find that will swap over. I'm curious since I don't know of any,

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 6:04 PM
Sunfiretun3r wrote:

For the back, let me know what you find that will swap over. I'm curious since I don't know of any,

someone did a very nice write up with pics about the srt-4 front and rear seat swap

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 6:10 PM
Oh Really? I'll have to give that a look.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 10:33 PM
John Benham wrote:someone did a very nice write up with pics about the srt-4 front and rear seat swap

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=351316&t=351116#351316

A how-to is in the middle of the thread...

Thursday, February 10, 2011 9:33 AM
^^^not the one i was thinking of, but gets the same point across

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:09 PM
Sunfiretun3r wrote:Camaro and firebirds are a direct swap, yes. Good luck finding some in decent condition.

Grand am seats fit. Years 99-05. Only the front seats will fit. It will require you to swap the j-body sliders over to the grand am seats, and remove the grand am sliders. Very easy to do. You will need 8 grade 8 or better, bolts. Yes, grand am's came with leather seats. I believe the leather seats are only power seats though.

Camaro and Firebirds are a direct swap? Does this include the rear seats?
Saturday, February 12, 2011 6:27 AM
Dom T wrote:
Sunfiretun3r wrote:Camaro and firebirds are a direct swap, yes. Good luck finding some in decent condition.

Camaro and Firebirds are a direct swap? Does this include the rear seats?

reading pwns you my friend.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:30 AM
LOL I read it but he never specified, my question was intended for anyone with knowledge of a back seat swap as well (wanting to change front and backs), I could have phrased it better I suppose.
Sunday, February 27, 2011 10:20 PM
the camaro and firebird/trans am seats bolt up to the existing jbody slider mounts. Fits in quick and easy.
I personally have 97 camaro front seats in my sunfire.
as for the rears the best thing I've seen done is to remove the bench and fab in a couple bucket seats.
my plan is to use the much shorter camaro slider mounts with the original front seats from the sunfire to make my car a 4 dr 4 seater. And whilst I'm at it I'll install a fuel pump access door in between the seats. This will serve a dual purpose. First making my 3800 swap a tad bit easier and at the same time giving me access to the underside of the bench for easier seat install.

couldn't really tell you about a bench seat that fits

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search