Grand am seat swap Q - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Grand am seat swap Q
Saturday, February 19, 2011 4:48 PM
ok ive searched on here and just wanted to make sure that ll is needed to do for the swap is swap the mounting brackets, if thats it please help me out cause i can get some 04 se seats for 60bux

Re: Grand am seat swap Q
Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:15 PM
for the front ones yea just swap the sliders, thats all i did...your gonna need new bolts but thats about it
Saturday, February 19, 2011 7:17 PM
Grade 8 or better bolts. J Body sliders. Grand am seats, without the grand am sliders (or just through them away).
You'll need 8 bolts.
Depending on the seats you got, you may or may not need some side cutters to cut the cables. They don't affect function by cutting them. I'm really not sure what they are for.

Saturday, February 19, 2011 7:37 PM
And you'll have to take apart the drivers side j body slider, and probably bend the bar underneath it to put the sliders closer together. The passenger's side has a cable, so no worries there.

Monday, February 21, 2011 10:04 AM
What are the 4 bolts for? If Jbody sliders mount to the grandam seat would't you use the grandam bolts?

FU Tuning

Monday, February 21, 2011 3:24 PM
Nope. The jbody sliders mount to the bottom of the grand am seats, but the bolt on the grand am seats goes through the seat basket and screws into the grand am slider. So you need 4 bolts with nuts to install the seats.

Monday, February 21, 2011 6:45 PM
Sunfiretun3r wrote:Nope. The jbody sliders mount to the bottom of the grand am seats, but the bolt on the grand am seats goes through the seat basket and screws into the grand am slider. So you need 4 bolts with nuts to install the seats.

yupp 4 bolts for each seat
Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:43 PM
did the swap today, the only thing i had to do was drill out the cavy seat rail for the 3/8-16 bolts i got cause the were just a bit to wide, so if you dont wanna drill them out just use 1/2 bolts and you should be good to go, the only thing that is gonna take a little getting used to is the grand am seats are just a little higher then the cavy seats are.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:24 PM
Congrats on the successful swap.

My driver side slider was cut about 1" shorter so my seat actually sits lower than the factory seat.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:37 PM
niice!
Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:50 PM
Undecided wrote:did the swap today, the only thing i had to do was drill out the cavy seat rail for the 3/8-16 bolts i got cause the were just a bit to wide, so if you dont wanna drill them out just use 1/2 bolts and you should be good to go, the only thing that is gonna take a little getting used to is the grand am seats are just a little higher then the cavy seats are.

Sorry but those seats look like a down grade from stock J seats.

The leathers look nice.

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 03, 2011 8:18 AM
yea i agree with ya, but i live in Phoenix, AZ and the summer months and leather dont go very well.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search