complete dash swap 97 to 00+ - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
complete dash swap 97 to 00+
Friday, February 26, 2016 3:00 PM
is there a complete dash swap write up with pictures and or video on how to do this
i have been look for it
found one but the pictures where gone
found lots of talk but that was all it was

Re: complete dash swap 97 to 00+
Friday, February 26, 2016 10:55 PM
I've slightly looked into this myself. From the info I've gathered is u need a steering wheel puller to remove the entire dash. Pre 00 guage cluster is a diff size plus diff connections. Some of the brackets holding the radio etc needs to be modified. Thats pretty much the sum of it what i know. Intrestred in knowing what was done to use the right cluter with the right bezel or to know how the right cluster was fitted into the pre 00 dash. Don't hold me to this but i believe the 00 plus has bcm as where the other ones used passlock? But yes Allot of stuff posted here the pics don't work, which sucks

ReD RaiN
Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:41 AM
I am in the process of doing this swap myself ( swapping the whole interior ). I am keeping the 99 interior wire harness and instrument cluster

[/URL]

[/URL]

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Monday, June 27, 2016 6:18 AM
If you want to swap the cluster, you'll have to swap the entire wiring, because the 00+ uses a BCM and the cluster operates on an entirely different serial data protocol. I believe you only have to change the body wiring (Not the engine), but I'm not 100% sure on that. Someone more familiar with the engine swaps can probably answer that.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search