03+ Cavalier Door Panel clips - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03+ Cavalier Door Panel clips
Wednesday, November 22, 2017 10:00 AM
Does anyone know the exact model number or size of the plastic door panel clips on the cavalier, particularly on the front door (if it matters)? I tried looking online, but I was met with different sizes and shapes all claiming to be what I was looking for.

Thank you for any help and Happy Thanksgiving.

Re: 03+ Cavalier Door Panel clips
Wednesday, November 22, 2017 11:17 AM
Mo Jo,

I don't know the count or type for your 03+ but your local salvage yard is a great place to hit up to stock up on plenty of spares that are guaranteed to be the correct type & fit. If your yards are anything like the ones near me they probably won't even charge for them. Whenever I buys stuff I always present everything and the tiny stuff they typically say "no charge". I have a nice 3rd Gen J-body box of spare clips, screws, fuses, relays, and plastic fasteners of all shapes and sizes from my visits.

The yards are stuffed with 03-05s now. The 00-02s are becoming less frequent and the 95-99s are waning. Prior to 95... Once in a blue moon.

Brian
Friday, November 24, 2017 7:47 AM
Thank you!

My only problem with the one-way push pin type clips is that you always manage to damage them in some way when releasing the panel.

I guess the next time I take the door panel off I'll just take a pin to my local Chevy part depot and see if they can find the part since I'm willing to bet it was used on a number of models.
Saturday, November 25, 2017 8:11 AM
Yeah, these ruffly type clips get more and more mangled with each insert and removal cycle. Your idea to take one out for comparison is a good one. You might be able to find these ruffled ridge type ones in the "HELP" replacement part product line that you see in packages at your typical local auto parts store. The prices for these can sometimes seem steep but are still usually less than the original delco.

Good hunting!

Brian
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search