Cigarette Lighter - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cigarette Lighter
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 9:16 AM
Is there a special way to remove the cigarette lighter from the dash i have the entire dash about gettin ready to paint but i want to take that lighter out and i dont see any clips to disconnect etc..

Re: Cigarette Lighter
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 1:03 PM
i just pulled on mine til it came out, but i never put it back in so if i did break clips i wqouldnt kno

Wednesday, October 05, 2005 3:37 PM
If i remember correctly the harness and cigerette lighter clip together and u just need to pry up where they latch on to each other. if your talking about removing the actual lighter away from the dash bezel there are tiny notches that hold it in place i just pushed them in so theyd fit through the whole.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 6:59 PM
Don't they just unscrew? I had to replace mine awhile back and I just screwed it out.

* Premium as of January 25, 2005. Support the Org.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:27 PM
Unscrew it. Pull out the lighter. Put your finger in it to keep it from sliding and then turn the back. It's easy and will keep your dash or console uncracked.

Sig'less since '02!
Thursday, October 06, 2005 10:53 AM
nikki and me spent like 15 min trying to get tha thing off with no success.

Thursday, October 06, 2005 2:32 PM
get a nut driver that will fit the little nut in the back, it should be deep enough, and just unscrew, not difficult at all, the hard part is trying to keep track off what pieces go where when you put it back.

"Man with my windows tinted and badges gone I'll be able to do 200 mph easy. Do stickers add horsepower?"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search