new seats - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new seats
Monday, December 19, 2005 11:14 AM
heres what im thinking. Both of my front seats are broken. They wont move forward or backwards, and the passenger seat doesnt fold forward anymore... its completely useless. I dont have the money to buy new seats like recaro's or tenzo's or anything else which leads me to this:

I was looking at the seats in my buddy's Celica. It's a 96 w/ black leather. And i was looking at someone's seats in their '00 accord (again, black leather but powered ) And i was wondering if anyone has measured the seat brackets or the seats themselves from another car and if they match the j-body's. It would be cheaper, and a damn good upgrade for those who want an upgrade.

are there any other vehicles out there that are a direct fit to a j-body? Are there any that are close? and last but not least... has anyone done this before?

Re: new seats
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 2:20 PM
thanks, i appreciate the help.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 2:25 PM
Don't be an ass. If somebody knew if anybody knew of any other cars, they would tell you.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 4:00 PM
Since no one posted yet then no one who's seen your thread knows. I'd suggest going to a local scrapyard and checking out some seats and measuring them yourself. Worst come to worst, check out eBay or aPlusPerformance, they have some cool seats that don't have an astronomical pricetag.

Blown.
Wednesday, December 21, 2005 4:10 PM
Phewes has RSX seats if I am correct. Though don't ask me how he got them in, go to the source for that.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005 4:34 PM
sorry, i didn't intend to sound like an ass.

I was thinking about seats from a Saturn. The newer Saturns, im not sure which model, came with an option for leather seats but they're powered. It'd be a cool swap i guess. I can look up the wiring diagram at school to make it all work.... As a matter of fact, i found the seats on Ebay buy they wanted to sell the front seats, the rear seats and the inside door skins all together for $599.

We'll see.

It's good to know someone else has taken other stuff and made it work.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search