2001 cavalier door panels - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2001 cavalier door panels
Monday, February 20, 2006 1:54 PM
i wasnt sure wether to post this here or the audio section, but whatever. i need to swap some speakers in my cavalier, but for the life of me, i cant figure out how to get them off. Its really buggin me, i cant figure it out for nothing. can anybody help me?

Re: 2001 cavalier door panels
Monday, February 20, 2006 2:00 PM
i think 5 bolts around the bottom of the door, 2 in the interior handle and take off the mirror backing on the interior. then pull on the bottom. it will come out, then lift cuz there is a lip that hangs over into the window opening

Remove all the screws along the edge on the bottom of the door, remove the screws in the door handles, and pull up on the door panel, and out. It will be hard to pull, but just do it, there are push rivets on the bottom that hold the door on, and clips on the top where it clips to the window sill.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

oh ya, and take off the window crank if they are manual windows

Monday, February 20, 2006 2:07 PM
I always find it easier to do with the window down.

Monday, February 20, 2006 3:16 PM
david norris wrote:I always find it easier to do with the window down.

x2

Monday, February 20, 2006 5:04 PM
how do i take off the window cranks? icant figure that out either
Monday, February 20, 2006 5:45 PM
There's a few way's to get the window crank off, with the handle facing up you can slightly pull toward's yourself to see the clip. Here's where it become's your choice of removal. You can use a rag,slide it in the direction to make the clip pop off, or use a window crank tool/ clip remover, flat head screw driver, or what ever else you can think of to make it come off.

Monday, February 20, 2006 6:56 PM
well, ill probably end up trying all of them, xcept the tool option, cuz i dont have one, but whatever works will become my absolute favorite lol
ill try em in the mornin
Tuesday, February 21, 2006 6:20 PM
Honestly, I would suggest getting the tool... It makes things 100 times easier and its only a couple bucks at your local parts store. You just stick it in there and the clip unclips. Having the right tools makes all the difference in any job.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:22 PM
Speaking of the clips... Where can I pick up a pair after my originals grew legs? Or should I just head to a junk yard?

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 7:32 PM
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 1:56 PM
well yeah, i used the flathead screwdriver, and it worked fine, but i need a different size and shape speaker for my doors anyway, so i just had to put the panels right back on....lol
thanks anyway.
Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:23 PM
Could have looked up speaker sizes without removing the panel. 4x6" up front, 6x9" back.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search