Got my Sparco wheel - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got my Sparco wheel
Monday, February 20, 2006 7:19 PM
Well guys I got my sparco wheel now and I'm wonedering I've seen different things, do I need an aftermarket hub and a quick release? Or do I just need the quick release? I also read the FAQ about the steering wheel and it did not say anything about reconnecting the horn? How would I go about that? Thanks a lot guys!!!

Re: Got my Sparco wheel
Monday, February 20, 2006 8:06 PM
You need a hub for sure. Contact Jason at A Plus and get the MOMO hub. 2401 I think it is or something like that. If your car is a 05 make sure u tell him that because I remeber someone was not able to use that hub for the 05 model because GM changed something. He said he contacted MOMO about the problem but Im not sure what they did about it. You don't need a quick release. A quick release is only if you want to be able to take your steering wheel on and off qucikly. But the hub you will need to bolt up the sparco wheel.

Monday, February 20, 2006 8:16 PM
Cool man thanks a lot.

Monday, February 20, 2006 8:27 PM
The issue with the MOMO hub not working with the newer j-bodies has actually be hit or miss... some of my customers with newer Js (03-05s) had them work just fine... while I've had I believe 2 customers with the 03-05s have fitment issues.

I really don't know what or why anything was changed between them, but something certainly was. What exactly it is, I'm not sure. There's a size difference in the spline I believe.

www.TaillightTinting.com #1 SOURCE FOR VHT NITE SHADES
www.aPlusPerformance.com BACK ONLINE SOMETIME SOON!
PHONE 763-682-9945

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:12 AM
the Momo adaptor works on my 03 cav.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 7:44 AM
had any problems out of it eazy? I was on a web site also that said that 03-05 had a smaller upper sline and the momo hub would not fit, you have the 2401 right?

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 9:22 AM
^^^ya, and ive never had a problem once. i love it, and will never go back to a stock wheel

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search