armrest on door panel - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
armrest on door panel
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 11:20 AM
I looked at the FAQ. Even copied it. I"m not seeing the plastic welds on the part for the fabric in the door panel. I flipped it over and it is all molded together on this one or am I looking at the wrong stuff? If anyone has any pics of how it looks could ya throw them up here so I can see if mine looks like yours or see if they are dif. I will post pics of what mine look like here in a bit. Thanks in advance. THe only option I'm seeing right now is cutting around the back or through the plastic to get that section out.. Don't really want to do that.

Re: armrest on door panel
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:37 PM
are you dealing with 95-99 panels with vinyl in top? then yeah there made that way you cant take that piece off.... just the top half....

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 1:37 PM
yeah they are the 95-99... How do you get around that then. Or isn't there a real way to?

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:14 AM
i don't really think theres a way around it. i cut mine out using a dremel, recovered it and glued it back together using liquid nails.

PICS

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 1:21 PM
You don't happen to have any pics of the back side and where you cut it do you? That would be helpful if you do. I figured cutting it but I don't know if I want to attempt it. i do have 2 spares to practice on but still not something I want to do.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 1:24 PM
I dunno... My 96 had the plastic welds. It was a base model too.

I have seen both kinds though (hell I've owned 5 sets of door panels!) and the welded ones would be much better to manipulate.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:03 PM
figures. haha. Havn't had much luck with this car lately. maybe I will get some here agian sometime.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:48 PM
I HAD your same problem lol. I just used a chizel and a hammer and made quick work of those plastice welds. If you want to put them back on, just heat the plastic with a lighter and re-apply. I didn't bother to though.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 6:13 AM
^^^ there not weld in by plastic welds. hes referring to the panels that have that fabric piece molded in...

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 7:56 PM
Could anyone possibly get pics of the how they removed the fabric peices being cut out? getting ready to do this. how difficult was it to recover the upper half of the door? I know my armrest on the center consol was a pain. Thanks in advance

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 8:48 PM
the armrest insert comes out from the front just pry along the edges but be really carelul.. this is also my 5th set of door pannels haha and when i had the 99- ones thats how i rewraped mine.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006 8:59 PM
Sweet. I seen there was some gap there and looked like a loose fit. I have a second set that I can work on. or take the top from if I screw up to much. Thanks for the info. I hope I can catch some pics to. but probably one of those things ppl didn't think of taking progress pics of or was pissing them off so much that they didn't want to remember it. lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search