So i took everything out, cant put it together lol - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
So i took everything out, cant put it together lol
Friday, June 09, 2006 11:54 AM
Hey all, recently i had to take apart my dash to get down to the heater core to replace it, as well as take out the center console and replace the carpet while the dash was out (seemed simple). At the time i thought it was going to be a one day/all day project but it has turned out to be a couple weeks now. Taking everyting out was simple, but as i start putting it back together i am noticing more and more pieces that i have no clue what they are for.

First is a metal bracket that is shaped like a U, it has 2 big holes for bolts and 1 small hole for a screw. I cannot remember what that one is for.... the second thing is also a small metal bracket that i beleve hooks to dash somehow. Are these peices even important? I just put the steering wheel back in (I pulled the whole steering coloumn throught the dash rather than removing the wheel) and would hate to have to take that out and the main piece of the dash out again, but getting it right is more important...

Re: So i took everything out, cant put it together
Friday, June 09, 2006 3:04 PM
lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Friday, June 09, 2006 3:17 PM
Viper98912 wrote:lol

x2

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676422/1
Friday, June 09, 2006 3:18 PM
Ive got pictures but I dont really know what you are talking about. If you would like the pictures just email me asking for them and I will reply them back to you. (i have different angles, should help I just dont know what you are looking at) If those dont help I do still have my dash out, its just pouring out and I dont feel like getting wet right now lol.

STREET ANTIX, it's coming...
Friday, June 09, 2006 4:38 PM
Arnjolt wrote:
Viper98912 wrote:lol

x2

x3

The title alone was hilarious! Sry I can't help but I hope this doesn't happen to me when I change my interior out a bit. Hope you get it put back together bro!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Saturday, June 10, 2006 11:27 AM
Yea man, if you take it apart put that back together the SAME DAY.... lol. i've decided that the brackets arent enough for me to pull the wheel off again, and if worse comes to worse ill take it off another day when i have lots of time.

I have another quick question involving the wiring of the steering wheel. I got all the plugs in, but there is a short black wire that isnt connected to anything, im just curious as to where it goes...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search