LED dash - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LED dash
Monday, December 03, 2007 8:12 PM
has anyone succeeded with changing the bulbs out of a 00+ cavi dash? and is it difficult to get the needles correctly back in? I've done a few in the past but i read a few posts about it being a bit more difficult

Re: LED dash
Tuesday, December 04, 2007 6:30 PM
i dont think anyone has come up with a full proof way..ive already stated that all i need is a broken cluster that no one wants and ill find the best way to do it and post it up

Tuesday, December 04, 2007 9:55 PM
that is one of the many projects that I am working on now too,
I have some ideas of how it should work, at least most of the bulbs, the one by the odometer will be interesting.

I am wondering, changing to led's will make it so it won't be able to dim correct?

and the other thing is weather to use individual resistors for each led, or a single resistor for all of them,

but, I have more pressing needs right now, like my course I am working on, refinishing rims, new sub boxes, trunk lid cover, etc...

If someone gets it, that will be great,

I think I found out how to put the motors for the guages back together if you pull the pins out though, just haven't plugged it back in to see if it worked.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007 3:42 PM
well good luck with the gauge motors hopefully that works and i hope i don't run into that myself but I'm working on acquiring a used cluster from a junkyard and me and my buddy are both electrical engineering majors I'm sure we'll figure it all out

i just didn't want to rip up my dash if i didn't have to
Wednesday, December 05, 2007 8:50 PM
me neither, I got one from the junk yard, I was pulling it apart and one came off, so I took the motor apart too and it feels like it should work, just too cold outside to do any work on the car,
let me know if you figure out the resistors and what not because I have never played with led's and don't really have a clue with them, or not yet anyway

Thursday, December 06, 2007 4:15 PM
i might have a way to do this without even removing the needles...still need a cluster donation..doesnt have to work only light up

Thursday, December 06, 2007 6:10 PM
i'm actually working on a way to correctly calibrate the needles using equipment i have access to in the lab and i think i'm going to buy a used cluster to figure all this out so i don't burn out mine

Don't you bottom out?

- Yes I do
Monday, December 31, 2007 10:24 AM
longest e-bay shipping ever bought it on the 8th just got it today i'll start work as soon as i can get into the labs

Don't you bottom out?

- Yes I do
Monday, December 31, 2007 10:34 AM
Mike, does the back of the cluster come off and the circuit board pull away from the motors like the 95-99's? I have never had my hands on an 00+, but if they come apart the same, you should be able to do it without ever touching the front of the cluster.

Monday, December 31, 2007 11:08 AM
nope the motors are on the board
got most of the needles out ok tach pulled the pin out i'll find out if it still works when i get in the lab

Don't you bottom out?

- Yes I do
Monday, December 31, 2007 11:28 AM
i'll get some pics while it's apart too

Don't you bottom out?

- Yes I do

Sunday, January 06, 2008 11:23 AM
has anyone just replaced the turn signal and check engine light bulbs with leds or diffierent colored lights, i have a gauge overlay but i wanted to switch the colors of all the cluster lights and warnings and stuff

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search