glow gauges? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
glow gauges?
Tuesday, August 05, 2008 2:58 PM
I'm trying to find the glow gauge overlay for my 02 Z24. I have looked on eBay and I really don't like what they have listed. Do any of you know of some other sites that sell these? And how difficult is it to install?

2002 Silver Z24, 5 speed

Re: glow gauges?
Friday, August 22, 2008 8:38 PM
try www.blackcatcustom.com

Saturday, August 23, 2008 7:07 PM
Speedhut. You won't be disappointed for their overlay.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 7:19 PM
I like mine alot better then the ones like speedhuts. not nearly as painful to look at on long drives...and night strain is a big problem when you have a fully illuminated panel in front of you.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Saturday, August 23, 2008 7:29 PM
heres mine...this is the guy i got them off ebay with...comes with a complete wiring kit including the ballast (This is an Electro Luminescent setup with adjustable dimming)

Fits nicely behind the dash wires in no problem and I put the potentiometer in the dimmer panel right next to my interior light dimmer.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 7:41 PM
which seller did you buy from?

2002 Silver Z24, 5 speed
Saturday, August 23, 2008 9:03 PM
Alex Richards wrote:I like mine alot better then the ones like speedhuts. not nearly as painful to look at on long drives...and night strain is a big problem when you have a fully illuminated panel in front of you.

Good point. I usually dim mine on long trips.

Sunday, August 24, 2008 6:06 PM
s1lverbullet08 wrote:which seller did you buy from?

Yea I just owned myself on that one...forgot the link! lol

Here it is...

clickerz

Monday, August 25, 2008 2:02 PM
I like your gauge style Alex, but the blue ring around the basof the needles bugs me. I've been looking for a set that doesn't have that...but in a similar style to what you have. They're not so easy to find, that much is for sure. Of course, being that I'm driving an 04...I guess I should get a spare bezel before attempting this.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:07 PM
Alex Richards wrote:I like mine alot better then the ones like speedhuts. not nearly as painful to look at on long drives...and night strain is a big problem when you have a fully illuminated panel in front of you.

I have these same gauges and I love them!

I got them from a website not Ebay, but I don't remember what site it was?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 1:15 PM
Slide81 wrote:I like your gauge style Alex, but the blue ring around the basof the needles bugs me. I've been looking for a set that doesn't have that...but in a similar style to what you have. They're not so easy to find, that much is for sure. Of course, being that I'm driving an 04...I guess I should get a spare bezel before attempting this.

without going to blackcat and getting something custom you'll never find it.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:06 PM
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:
Slide81 wrote:I like your gauge style Alex, but the blue ring around the basof the needles bugs me. I've been looking for a set that doesn't have that...but in a similar style to what you have. They're not so easy to find, that much is for sure. Of course, being that I'm driving an 04...I guess I should get a spare bezel before attempting this.

without going to blackcat and getting something custom you'll never find it.

MAinly due to the fact that you will see light from the base of the needles through the overlay if that portion was'nt lit...

I have a feeling thats why they do it...not necessarily for aesthetics...

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:24 PM

how hard was that sucker to install?
Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:08 AM
you slide it over the needles, its not hard at all.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:54 PM
just a quick question. Wen i tried to paint some stuff on my cluster i couldnt get the needles off. do they just pop off or... was gonna yank them off but didnt want to mess them up and have to clue how fast i was goin or how much gas i had. etc... would really appreciate it. thx jeremy
Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:02 PM
From what I've read, 00+ gauges shouldn't have the needles come off, because they will never be right ever again. 99 and below.. I think you can take em off. But I'm not 100% on it.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:11 AM
95-99 you can take off but its a bitch to get things lined back up right to make everything accurate again. 00+ you really shouldnt take off. you can but you have to be very very carefule. theres a piece behind the needle and if it breaks, your @!#$

Thursday, August 28, 2008 5:37 AM
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:95-99 you can take off but its a bitch to get things lined back up right to make everything accurate again. 00+ you really shouldnt take off. you can but you have to be very very carefule. theres a piece behind the needle and if it breaks, your @!#$

yes the way the needle is attached to the gauge is a very odd press fit onto a pin, and you can pull the pin out of the gauge. if this happens there is no way to get the pin back in and work (you can get the pin back in though)

Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:21 AM
You would just get the whole cluster from Blackcatcustoms.

The LEDs are a richer blue than what the pic shows.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:22 PM
damn tinkles that is sexy

Thursday, August 28, 2008 4:14 PM
Tinkles wrote:You would just get the whole cluster from Blackcatcustoms.

I like it. Very clean looking. But most likely a good bit out of my price range.

Thursday, August 28, 2008 4:39 PM
Its worth every penny.

Friday, August 29, 2008 3:04 AM
but jbody members are cheap remember?

Friday, August 29, 2008 5:13 AM
True.

BCC can make any kind of overlay you want.

Thursday, September 04, 2008 6:17 PM
Tinkles wrote:You would just get the whole cluster from Blackcatcustoms.

my odometer flickers, it's done it since I got about 2 months ago.

that new cluster would fix it right?

2002 Silver Z24, 5 speed
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search