head rests? - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
head rests?
Thursday, February 12, 2009 6:19 PM
someone please help me. I am getting seat covers for my 02 ls sport cavalier. Its apparently like a 13 piece set where the head rests are separate then the seat cover. Now how do I get my head rests off and get the seat belt holder off to get the covers on? i saw something online but when i went to look for the spots on my seats they were not there. there were no screws to undo the seat belt thing. Please help me

Re: head rests?
Friday, February 13, 2009 2:14 AM
what kind of "seat covers" are they?
Are they actually covers that just slip on, or are they meant to be an after martkey interior for your car (meaning if done at a shop they strip your seats of the fabric and install the interior kit, some kits are leather/faux leather ect ect) if its just a set ya buy at walmart or pepboys or so, then I have no clue how to get your head rests off without screwing up the stock interior of the seats..

if its after market kit (where your seat is meant to be stripped before being installed) the head rests will have (if like 90% of others cars ive dealt with) snap rings at the bottom of the head rest posts that you can get to once the interior is off of the seat, the seat belt holder Im not sure of either, ive never had to deal with those, try to push the foam away from the top of the seat belt holder and see if there is the same sort of snap ring holding that inplace aswell, if there is once it is removed it should slide right off aswell..

ill try to take a look at my headrests later today and see if I can figure it out for you if no one else was able to help before then..

Friday, February 13, 2009 4:08 AM
no its just a set that i bought off ebay. But i figured this one would work better then my old ones i had bought at like pep boys because its not a full piece. It doesn't have to look pretty i just wanna get the covers on and that stupid seatbelt holder thing is what is screwing me up lol. I don't have the cover yet they are on there way in the mail though.
Friday, February 13, 2009 8:21 PM
You will need a flat-head screw driver.

1. Raise headrest to the highest position.
2. Look down in one of the holes and you find a plastic piece with a C-clip
3. Open the C-clip on the side closest to you (if you are sitting on the seat with headrest) just so the clip can slide out, careful.
4. Once it is out of lock, pull headrest out.

For the seat belt holder. They slide downward from headrest.

To reinstall, just insert back all the way down into the two holes and should lock back in place.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search