construction 2005 pics - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: construction 2005 pics
Saturday, February 12, 2005 9:11 AM
alright guys my pics of my tails are up.
check it out in the other topic. i know it took me a while, but ive just been busy. thanks

Saturday, February 12, 2005 9:18 AM
yeah current pics are down, due to some misleading issues since i should've posted better pics when i sanded to the metal and applied the fiberglass jelly, once i get better pics ill post the outcome once painted. Thanks for opinions.
Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:02 AM
josh brewster wrote:nah ill be fine, temperature in texas doesnt change much.

Um........So the temp dropping and raising up to 30 degrees in an 24 hour period isnt much?

Come over and look at the fiberglass problems im having on my car. Oh and yes im in Texas.

Now my tails that were welded up solid look perfect.
Shaving with fiberglass isnt good. But hey what do I know anyway?
I just see it on my car everyday.

I am all that is man

Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:22 PM
Quote:

z2FST4u-

Hey im glad you know so much about cars. I have been around a body shop for the last 3 years and been working on cars since. Just let me do it how i want to and and drop it. I was just here to post pics of my car, and i wouldnt of if i knew you and the two others would just say it sucks. I have many post above saying they dont think it will crack and i dont either since my side skirts were molded the same way and its been a year and a half and there totally fine. My car is not a daily driver and its parked in the garage all year round. It only goes to shows and maybe on the weekends i drive it.

This is coming from the guy that when he first got his body kit, thought he was completely ripped off because his FIBERGLASS body kit wasnt perfect! I had a few scratches and inperfections!

I used to talk to Josh alot on AIM but when I told him that bondo fiberglass (the green stuff) was not the best thing and doesnt replace actual fiberglass, he stopped talking.

Trust me Josh I was were you are right now (well atleast with the sides) remember these pics?

I yanked them off easily to fix my mistakes. There is no way it will hold to metal for a long period of time.

I know a guy here they did the same think you are with the tails. You know how stock tails have the rubber surround? They move, and they are supposed to. Now that they are molded in they will still want to move resulting in a crack.

My suggestion is to fix it before paint like I did or suffer later.

Everyone on this site joined for help and to learn I think. When you have his many people telling you from experience then you don't need to try it out your self.

By the way, what happened to the new car? haha

-->Michael Ferrari

Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:22 PM
He got the car.

Check Out My Domain Page!!!
Sunday, February 13, 2005 8:38 PM
i have to say one thing i did not see anywhere in this post. fiberglass re-inforced body filler i.e. fiberglass jelly as you called it... is not anywhere near as strong as actuall fiberglass. when people shave on sideskirts they use fiberglass..not just fiberglass re-inforced filler. I had a friend think he could get away with what your doing. because he was ignorant and wouldnt listen to anyone. he shaved his tails just like you are doing...almost the same exact thing. and painted the car. no less than 2 months later you could see the outline of the tail light beginning to raise out and then it cracked. so he did it right...and hasnt had problems with it for 2 years. and its a daily driver.

good luck though. i wish you the best with it

Monday, February 14, 2005 5:41 AM
i dont see why you would mold the tails and body kit cause what if the tails get broken or a bulb goes out, then your screwed and if you hit your body kit on something the whole thing cracks.......not smart i dont think

Monday, February 14, 2005 10:58 AM
Quote:

im going to have to say something cause this is driving me crazy , when molding stuff fusor is your friend help bond everything together
He is so right, If any of you havent heard of fusor, learn about it. I used Fusor 127 EZ which is the plastic to metal bond to do my sides, rear bumper, front bumper (cause it was a 95 -99 so i had to cut my factory bumper and mold the piece on that mounts up to the fenders) and my hood scoop cause it was a 79 camaro bolt on scoop... It will not come off trust me! So i would take the extra time to go out and buy some and fix it now or just worry about it when it or if it cracks. Not saying its gonna but u just never know. I know if my car cracks its no big deal cause i did the work so ill just go back and fix it. So its all up to u on what u wanna do.. Looks good by the way.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search