what should i do to my car now- - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what should i do to my car now-
Monday, March 07, 2005 7:59 PM
I need some input on what to do. I dont really have enough for a good body kit, so what should i do other than that. I just recently did some of my hard plastics in the smae color as the outside of my car. I had a little paint left over from when a lady hit me and my dad and i fixed it.

Re: what should i do to my car now-
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:01 PM
remove the moldings, remove that spoiler, lower it, ad clear corner lenses.

www.columbustuning.com & www.columbusracing.com
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:05 PM
why the spoiler? whats wrong with it? the rest i agree no

Monday, March 07, 2005 8:10 PM
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:remove the moldings, remove that spoiler, lower it, ad clear corner lenses.

x2

Team Altered

Monday, March 07, 2005 8:15 PM
Bud, too you, the spoiler may look nice, but if your gonna ask for opinions, your gonna get them. The car has potential. In my opinion, spoilers like that, in general, look hidious. Now, my suggestions would be to shave the side mouldings, get rid of the double wiper blades (too.........i look like i love walmart ish), lower it (it will give the car a longer appearence), clear corners are an inexpensive option and they look good, I would remove the wing, but thats just me. Some tint to clean up the out side, and any or all of the suggestions, imo, would clean up this car quite nicely.

My cardomain site
doublez@eastlink.ca
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:26 PM
yeah i guess you guys are right. i have seen quite a bit of really good lookin cars with a small spoiler or even the stock ones that look really good. the only thing is... is that if i remove the spoiler i would have 4 holes in my deck lid and i just fixed the front end on it. i put a new bumber cover 2 new fenders and a new hood( all OEM parts mind you) so i dont really feel like painting my deck lid and blending it with the rest of the paint. blending sucks
Monday, March 07, 2005 8:42 PM
where do you live at? if you are close enough and for the right price i have an extra deck lid without the holes in it just laying around and collecting dust.

Monday, March 07, 2005 8:44 PM
missouri- kansas city how much and i really doubt the paint will match

Monday, March 07, 2005 8:51 PM
Before you jump into things and either start doing things you regret later on or just all-around half a$$ing it, take your money and store it somewhere safe. This helps you from blowing it on regretful mods later. Next decide what steps you want to take with your car, in essence make a design plan for it. Ask yourself how into modifying your car you really are. Do you want an extreme show ride, a nice street car, a car to take to the track/auto-x or something that has a mixture of both.
The best advise I can give you on the next step to take is to just really think about what you want to do with your car. For alot of people including myself, all this didn't happen overnight. I know I've been working on my car for over four years now and am still nowhere near complete. The thing is though I enjoy doing it. Once you see that these things take time, and money, your decision on modifying your car may be different.
Make a game plan and follow it being patient in the process and you will be happy with the end result.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Monday, March 07, 2005 9:07 PM
^he hit it right on the DOT! Plz everyone read what he has to say! One cant just work at mcdonalds makin 50 bucks every 2 weeks and run to walmart when they get yer check and blow it.......save that 50, plus the next and next and so on and save up for some mods that will actually LOOK GOOD!

BTW: It helps gettin paid more than 50 bucks every 2 weeks

Monday, March 07, 2005 9:15 PM
yeah i agree with you guys a plan sounds good to me. I think the next thing i am going to do it lower it and tint the windows. I found a set of coilover by Matrix. They were really cheap, i am kinda sceptical about them since they were only 99 bucks from summit racing. I might just buy a set of lowering springs instead. After i lower it i am gonna get the clear corners and some euros for the tails. Then i want some 18's to put on it with low pros.

Monday, March 07, 2005 9:26 PM
If you get euros get the carbon fiber ones the chrome look a little tacky in my opinion but thats just me. They might look good on your car. But your car has potential and 18's would look good. Along with maybe a IMF kit. Maybe a Big mouth kit would look clean also.
Monday, March 07, 2005 9:29 PM
I agree with lowering ant tinting, definately go with spring, they give a much better ride. I suggest Eibach Sportlines. But please, whatever you do, dont get euros...

Monday, March 07, 2005 10:13 PM
lowering the car is good, watch your chamber when you do it. if you are interested in teh rear deck lid let me know i will try to come up with a reasonable price. just email me and we will talk

Monday, March 07, 2005 11:21 PM
That wing looks hideus lose it shave the moldings get clear corners lower it. If u wanna kttp teh wing atleast get a kit so it doesnt stand out so much and give off the impression of i shop at pep boys and am to cheap to get a kit i just wanna look like a ricer.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Monday, March 07, 2005 11:25 PM
And just remember - cheap isnt always the best option. Those coilovers are a no no. A good set of coilovers are about $300+ - Research before you buy, don't jump at the cheapest thing you find. If its cheaper in comparison with everything else, there's usually a reason and its quality. Especially with suspension, such an integral part of the car you want to know what it is your buying, you dont want cheap stuff thats going to break and make you crash your car. Take your time, have a plan, and like they said, put your $$ away so you are not tempted to buy something with every $50 you save up. You want quality, and quality means money, and usually that means saving up an extra week, month, year, to get what you really want.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 9:54 AM
i have 515 dollars in the bank at the moment. anyone think that i could come up with any urethane kit for that much money. I like the wings west kits they are pretty simple, but i like on a car that is slammed to the ground. I can paint it myself.

btw dont suggest a fiberglass kit please because thats out of the question i wont buy one b/c i have heard from numerous ppl that they crack, and the ppl who sell them even say that they are pretty much for show only.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 10:05 AM
oh yeah and i was wonderin, where do you all go to look for stuff like this. RK Sport is a lil pricey compared to some other place i know, but i dont know very many places that cary alot of cavy parts and accesories on the net.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 10:22 AM
highrevmotorsports
winksonline
cavalierconnection
andysautosport
rksport
soundspeedsports
gravanatuning
tabascoracing
extremedimensions
rsmracing
wingswest
carcustoms

start there. see what you find.

www.columbustuning.com & www.columbusracing.com
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 11:02 AM
http://www.aplusperformance.com

for $515, you might be able to piece together used urethane parts for a body kit, but i kinda doubt it. i spent close to $400 on my sides alone. urethane is more expensive. but it also fits better and is less likely to break. keep saving up your money and you'll be fine. rome wasn't built in a day... don't expect your car to be. like Zach said, get a good game plan and save up for it.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 11:13 AM
there is one thing u must remember about kits...a fiberglass kit may crack easier than a urethane kit, but it is much easier to fix. plus when u fix fiberglass it becomes stronger after fixing. with urethane kits if u manage to crack them, they are fixable but they are never as strong as before. i bought a drift kit from streetweapon out in california. it is fiberglass and yeah it sits low and i scrape, and it did crack, but it is much stronger now then when i originally bought it. just keep that in mind when deciding on a kit. u want to get the kit that u like and take into consideration how low the ride height of the car is going to be with the kit on. thats my advice.

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 11:51 AM
hmmm LET ME SEE drop, remove that ghey spoiler, paint, get new rims put a body kit on and ur set

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:13 PM
Zach Hilton said it right on the dot man. You have too decide what you want first. I have been working on my car for 3 1/2 years now and it is 75% complete. What I do is set my goals on certain things on my car for that year then wait till next after I saved up enough to do what I want to do next.
I would save my money first that way your not blowing it all on the car and you have no money to fall back on for emergency. Then again if your a millionaire you can just pay someone X amount and get it all done within few weeks or days hahhahaa.
Just keep coming to forums and see how everyone else did their car, not saying do exactly but get an idea.

"All my life I have been trying to figure out who is behind this face of mine"

Tuesday, March 08, 2005 1:16 PM
well, I have shaved door handles, 95 sunfire front end conversion with molded in eyelids, a shaved trunk with a tilted plate on it and a LED bar frenched in above it, molded body lines, x-2 fenders, shaved badges/side molding/body lines and a few other thins. I have paid way, way less than $515 for it all. Since you know how to do body work, it is cheap as hell to make your car clean!!! Just don't be afraid to leave it in primer for a while. It is all still under construction, but here is what I paid for what:
$100 worth of body materials at the most
$10 Ford Focus 3rd brrake light
$100 Spal shaved door handle kit
The x-2 fenders I aquired in a trade when I did my first front end swap to a 2003 pontiac sunfire. I paid nothing for them. One was cracked and I fixed it. I also have a blitz kit that could go on the fire. I'm not sure whether or not I am going ot keep it yet becuse I love how clean the car looks.

Right now I am finishing up on a custom trunk that I am doing for a .org member. After that I am going to shave my gas tank door and the part of the rear bumper that the plate would normally go on and paint the whole car. From there I will decide if I want the kit on or not. The car is going to be in black primer until my turbocharged 2.3 H/O (what I spend the real money on) is done so I can pain the engine bay too.

Hope this helps you out a little with how you want to spend your money!!! Just remember that the easier something is to do, the easier someone else can do it too. Just like with the motor, buuying cheap mods will never add up to one large mod of the combined price of everything.

Cardomain|Myspace

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search