All 4-Door Pictures! - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: All 4-Door Pictures!
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 11:24 PM
My friend Kyle's G/F's Lace's Pearl Pink cav

My friend Geoff's wife Jenny's Cav

Aaron's old cav

Aaron's new cav

And my cav

Is that enough pics?

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 11:48 PM
95 with 47000 miles.

and the other 4 dr.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 2:48 AM
A few of mine

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 6:03 AM
Looking good James. Yea Thad I sold it a little while ago. Still see it around though. I had a few engine mods on mine including the typical header, exhaust, intake......never ran it in the 1/4 though.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 6:27 AM
1cavy wrote:
Roughed In wrote:Forgot one

How did you install those buckets in back???did you have to cut into the floor at all

Actually, the buckets aren't fully installed yet. If you open the pic up big, you'll notice the seatbelts are fastened even tho no1 is in the seats haha. I plan on making up some custom mounts that I'm going to have welded to the floor, and than the seats will slip on over them (for easier removal as necessary). They'll be safe to sit in, but you would pull them straight up like3-4" and then pull them out.

On a side note, I did receive those M3 mirrors yesterday, so anyone that's interested in them - $30+s/h. They're black and have the blue & amber turn signals built-in but they're not power (own3d for not reading the desc fully heh)

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:37 AM
damn thats some nice cars! I, as well, am boosting mine this winter. that white one.....the interior is f'in sweet! all of them are looking good. keep up the good work. when I started moddin mine, i thought I was nuts......"who would mod a 4-door?!" you guys have all done well. wish I had the ecotec..... I hope to be running 8-10 psi. if I have the time and the money, id like to buy a low miles 2.2 build her up through the internals. what happened to your old car aaron?

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 8:38 AM
It got old. I ran that poor car to dealth , Put like 50k on it in less than 2 years and once it hit 100k i just felt like something new.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 9:26 AM
K MAGICIAN wrote: if I have the time and the money, id like to buy a low miles 2.2 build her up through the internals.

Don't waste time on a 2.2 or even 2200. If anything, buy the Eco. I had a bid on a wrecked 2003 Cav sedan - front end was perfect. Thing sold for like $350!!! I didn't have quite that much to spend tho The engine & trans alone are worth more than that. Just keep tabs on E-Bay for wrecked 03+ Cavs/Fires and you'll prolly find a really good deal. Whatever you don't use, part out to make some money back. Good thing about buying wrecks like that, is that you get the engine/trans and harness/ecu, everything that you need - and for cheap

Personally, if I decide to go boosted, I wanna keep it kinda "hidden" lol. I've seen a lot of stuff about "remote-mount" turbos and they look like a good idea. Most mount near the back bumper, but I'm thinking of doing it like right behind the engine maybe? Down around where the cat is located... Be harder to run an intercooler, but no FMIC = More sleeper-ish haha. Other problem w/ having it down there is that - for best performance - you would need a custom-built intake since the 2200 faces up, not down. Sometime I'll have to take off the whole intake/TB/etc so I can come up w/ a design for it. Also, I would probably run the ceramic coated PaceSetter header that I have sitting in my workshop, modified to fit the turbo. Come to think of it, the turbo should fit perfect down there... The exhaust inlet should line up the whole turbo perfectly for intake and 'up' pipe, as well as the dump pipe. I'll just have to mock things up...

Best pic I've got on my computer...

You can kinda see one of the tubes below the TB - fat tube to the left of the TB. That's the part of the intake I'm talking about that would need to be re-designed to face down. I'll have to get together with one of the Chi-Town guys that made his own exhaust manifold for his turbo and see what we can knock out together.

On a side note, while I was taking those pics, I noticed like oil or something in my intake?? Anybody know about that??

Damnit, now I have so many more ideas swirlin' around in my head for this car!! Yes, I have put thought into the remote-mount turbo before, but Magician just got my head spinning out more ideas haha.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 2:17 PM
not a bad idea. but a buddy of mine, ryan(imphat0620), is running a stock 2.2 at mid 14's......so the cost of building a turbo kit is 2K, or I could spend a lot of time, and get a 2.2 ecotec/new tranny. <------=lots of time, and some cash. not even including a turbo kit! look at alder, it only takes a little bit to get a 2.2 up and going! ill try luck and see how things go this winter! thanks for the advise though!

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:58 PM
strat81 wrote:
K MAGICIAN wrote:
any engine mods to any of them? fastest 4-door quarter mile time?

fastest i've pulled so far is a 15.722@90 mph... mods are in my profile

15.696 4spd auto

my magnaflow decal gives me 100 hp!
Monday, September 26, 2005 2:06 PM

ok where do i get those sides im new to the 4 door scene and Im doing up the beater that sounds weird I love that front as well its RK I beleive do any 2 door sides like the factory 724 ones fit on 4 doors

Monday, September 26, 2005 3:02 PM
that front bumper and the side skirts are rksport import fighter

Monday, September 26, 2005 4:07 PM
my POS car:

Monday, September 26, 2005 5:03 PM

Monday, September 26, 2005 5:23 PM
My first car, 1992 Cavalier RS Sedan

That pic was from 1997 I think.

Monday, September 26, 2005 6:46 PM
damn geoff, clean....if thats a beater, that a good choice it was a good thread while it lasted. so someday, someone is going to want to see some 4-door pictures, hes got a good thread to see. we never got many times out of it though, lol. i guess modded a 4-door is all show and no go!(like mine) and zach, how could you let those wheels get that dirty?! nice car though.

Monday, September 26, 2005 8:28 PM
MORE 2nd GENS! WAHOO!

Monday, September 26, 2005 9:08 PM
I stopped cleaning my wheels because they needed it every week. Racing brake pads have their down sides.

Monday, September 26, 2005 11:47 PM
K MAGICIAN wrote:damn geoff, clean....if thats a beater, that a good choice.

thanks its actually a very reliable car despite it looking kinda boxy... its a 5 spd too

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:27 AM
K MAGICIAN wrote: we never got many times out of it though, lol. i guess modded a 4-door is all show and no go!(like mine)

give me some time... i'm hoping to boost in 07...

and geoff... that is a clean 2nd gen. nice job.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:20 AM
Geoff wrote:my POS car:

Those rims actually look pretty decent on the 2nd Gen

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:43 AM
maybe ill bring back the dead in spring. i hope to be boosted by springtime.......emphasizing HOPE. ill have to bring this thread back from the dead.
you autocross every weekend zach?

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 2:38 PM
notice anything new?
besides a really dirty car after a 5 hr road trip and rain

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 3:22 PM
i wanted to get my suspension work done first before boosting... i'd still like to upgrade the brakes to some baer or ssbc big brakes but i dunno if that will happen before boost.

tman... either the tint or the clear corners is my guess

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:04 PM
strat81 wrote:i wanted to get my suspension work done first before boosting... i'd still like to upgrade the brakes to some baer or ssbc big brakes but i dunno if that will happen before boost.

tman... either the tint or the clear corners is my guess

two things....
1) the suspension= for something really decent, I went with the dropzone Coilovers($115) and then the aftermarket struts($40)<-----with that system, the car rides very well for aftermarket suspension.

2) Get some slotted and drilled rotors($80) and some dust free Brake Pads($35) Theres no point in getting a big brake kit if your not autocrossin, or racing. These two brake upgrades are good enough for show. A little further, paint your Calipers($25)

and T-Man.......look at them wheels! focals? very nice.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search