Finally Got Rims on (56k go for lunch) - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Finally Got Rims on (56k go for lunch)
Monday, June 12, 2006 9:08 PM
Here finally are some pictures I took of my car tonight. I’m on eibach pro-kit with KYB AGX’s with current ride settings of 3 front 6 rear. The rims are 18” IKON GT-5 in hyperblack 5x100 and 42mm offset riding on Kumho KU21 225/40/18 rubber. I just had them installed on friday afternoon.

Don’t mind the dirty car. It has been raining here on and off for the past couple days. So I haven’t had time to clean my wheels and wash my car and detail it. Dont you just love the polished lip? I do. Comments welcome

Regards,

J

Re: Finally Got Rims on (56k go for lunch)
Monday, June 12, 2006 9:11 PM
caR looks great no doubt.. .. but instead of snapping pictures weren't you suppost to be partying for the oilers tonight since you live there?????

Monday, June 12, 2006 9:24 PM
Well I watched the first bit of the game then jotted out real quick to snap some pictures. The area where I took the pics is like 5 min from my house then caught the last 10 of the 3rd period. Anyway I went to saturdays game which was a BLAST, my throat still hurts from all the cheering.

Regards,

J
Monday, June 12, 2006 9:28 PM
Wow! Amazing hot car, great job. great job.

Monday, June 12, 2006 9:39 PM
can u see REXALL CENTRE from any of those pics????? or where is it??

Monday, June 12, 2006 10:12 PM
The picks dont do the rims justice. They look bigger then 18's in person. When I opened up the rim box when I got them I thought they sent me 19's. Rexall is to the north east from those downtown shots.
Monday, June 12, 2006 10:15 PM
Laffs99GT wrote:Wow! Amazing hot car, great job. great job.

Thanks man, I know the rims have definately changed the whole look to my car. Now maybe I can hang with some of the big dogs on the site.

Regards,

J
Monday, June 12, 2006 10:24 PM
Looks Awesome! I just don't know about where the spoiler is mounted. If it were mounted back more it would hang off the back a bit more and give the car a sleeker look. The rest looks great though!

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:18 PM
damm that looks good. i like it alot.

Monday, June 12, 2006 11:29 PM
NeoJuice wrote:

Thanks man, I know the rims have definately changed the whole look to my car. Now maybe I can hang with some of the big dogs on the site.

Regards,

J

Oh yea, you can deff hang. If i were to make one suggestion it would be eyelids and clear corners. That lip begs for eyelids.....

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 1:20 AM
thats one nice sunfire man i like it.. looks awesome

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 5:38 AM
thats a good looking sunfire and those wheels are sweettt

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 6:29 AM
lose the spoiler man...ur car would look so much better w/o it!

but ne way looks real nice all the same, good job

i cant see from the pics but do the rims stick outside the fenderwells real bad?

when i bought my new rims they said that any more dish to the rim and they wouldnt fit and my dish is maybe HALF of urs and i hate it.

thanks

Black 97' Z24
Blacked Out and Lovin' It...
"Z Yaaaa"
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:32 AM
Drew Collier wrote:Looks Awesome! I just don't know about where the spoiler is mounted. If it were mounted back more it would hang off the back a bit more and give the car a sleeker look. The rest looks great though!

The spoiler drops right into the factory wing holes. It is one of those things that you have to see in person. Pictures dont do it justice.

Regards,

J
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:32 AM
Enthusiast wrote:damm that looks good. i like it alot.

Thanks man,
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:34 AM
Laffs99GT wrote:
NeoJuice wrote:

Regards,

J

Oh yea, you can deff hang. If i were to make one suggestion it would be eyelids and clear corners. That lip begs for eyelids.....

Oh Oh my friend you cant wait to see what I got planned. Should I drop it? Can you say I will be setting up a group purchase for OEM sunfire hoods w/eyelids in Carbon fiber? Oh yes my friend. I have been in deals with a company about making the hoods. As well as OEM w/eyelids in just plain fiberglass.

Regards,

J
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:35 AM
SLO CAV (the autox'ing one) wrote:thats one nice sunfire man i like it.. looks awesome

Thanks,
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:36 AM
03lssportblue wrote:thats a good looking sunfire and those wheels are sweettt

It almost took me three years to choose my wheels but I finally got them. I'm very happy with them and the quality.

Regards,

J
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:38 AM
Fast97z24 wrote:lose the spoiler man...ur car would look so much better w/o it!

i cant see from the pics but do the rims stick outside the fenderwells real bad?

when i bought my new rims they said that any more dish to the rim and they wouldnt fit and my dish is maybe HALF of urs and i hate it.

thanks

I have contemplated loosing the spoiler and doing a 03 rear conversion with 03 rk sport streetfire rear. But I havent decided yet. But I forked out alot for the wing a while ago so it's just a thought I have beeing going through my mind. shave it for a smooth trunk lid. I guess it would depend on if I could get the 03 rear parts cheap and I could sell my spoiler.

Regards,

J
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:44 AM
Fast97z24 wrote:lose the spoiler man...ur car would look so much better w/o it!

thanks

Ooops hit the post button to soon. My rims line up with the fenderwells perfectly. That is why I went with the 42mm offset (I think stock offset is 47mm). I have seen some cav's/fire's with 35mm offset and they stick way out past the fenders and looks like a$$ IMO in 17" and 18" rims. Just get the proper offset and you'll be fine. Also I think it can depend on the style of the rim to. My rims have a pretty big dish on them but they are tucked in nicely.

Regards,

J
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:47 AM
I'd add some eyelids to it, and that's it. She's a very hot car. Love black sunfires with the lip.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:53 AM
I would've so sold you my rims (which look exactly like those) but they're 17"

haha, hot fire man! Keep it up!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 9:33 AM
Evil Cavalier wrote:I'd add some eyelids to it, and that's it. She's a very hot car. Love black sunfires with the lip.

Ya she will be getting some eyelids. Read a couple posts up about the GP I might be putting on. Just trying to finalize the details.
Tuesday, June 13, 2006 9:41 AM
nice man the spoiler is not my fav but it still loks good. nice car

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 9:43 AM
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:I would've so sold you my rims (which look exactly like those) but they're 17"

haha, hot fire man! Keep it up!

I probably would have looked into buying them but I wanted 18" plus the shipping cost from you to me in canada would have been outrageously expensive. Thanks for the comment.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search