R.I.P to my 05 Cavalier, LOTS of pics. - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: R.I.P to my 05 Cavalier, LOTS of pics.
Wednesday, October 18, 2006 8:27 AM
i heard some douchebag drives it though

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 8:35 AM
im sorry to hear that!

how is it totaled though? ide think it would make a perfect parts car!

Portage, MI
Wednesday, October 18, 2006 9:53 AM
Darkstars wrote:I was REALLY liking the way the new cav was going, I thought they weren't gonna total it out???

yea they just decided too after they started taking the car apart the body shop called another adjuster out because he said it was worse than the original thought, and then a day later i got the call about a settlement for it.

EXESIVE FIRE (Andy Brooks) wrote:sorry man...

that sucks... you selling off your parts or waiting till you know what your buying for sure?

yea i am not going to sell parts i took off of it until i know for shure 100% if i am buying another cavalier or not. I might also just save some money and do some work to the older one again.

John Higgins wrote:Sucks, but I could see that car back on the road. It will sell at a insurance auction, and someone will rebuild it. Heck we have a wreck 04 with a perfect back end that would go nicely on there. Also I would have done the Ecotec swap into your daily driver and put the daily driver motor and trans in it, and gave it to them!!!!!

if i had the time i was really considering it, becasue i was planning a gm s/c on it over the winter so with the engine out it would be a perfect time to put it all together but they bearly gave me a day to get all my stuff off and to buy the car back would of been alot because of the 10,900 book value. I agree tho the car will see the road again, someone will just pull the frame out and throw some parts on it and drive it. I think the guy at the body shop was doing me a favor in a way because he said there is no way the car will be sealed up as well as stock etc... plus resale on it will suck for the rest of it's life with a bent frame in a car fax report.

RedDevil wrote:Man... that sucks..

I just wanted to comment on that red sedan in the meet pic.. That car is BADASS !!!!

yea i forget who's car that was, but like bagged cav said, he was a dooshe

for anyone wanting to buy stuff, like i said before i am not selling anything yet till i decide what im going to buy, im leaing towards an ss s/c tho, so give me a few weeks and ill know for sure. As for people wanting the engine, i figured a few would be interested, unfortunatly i don't have the car but i could figure out which J-yard it's at and give a phone and adress.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 10:02 AM
I wanna say that the sedan was red devil dont quote me on this 100% but I believe thats whose car that is.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, October 18, 2006 10:15 AM
^^^yea red devil is the one who posted it was hot....that's why we were making fun of him lol

i forgot to add, i went to a used car sale over the weekend to take out a GTO and they had a used 2003 white base cav 5spd there....a sign? well who knows lol

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 12:02 PM
97cavy22 sorry about the loss.. it reminds me of where i want my car to be. Can u tell me where u got that lip kit from?

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 12:12 PM
was it at nucar they still have the white 03 base 5spd with 33,xxx they wanted 9,995 for it. I want to get it but cant do it right now.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, October 18, 2006 12:26 PM
lol 10k

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:35 PM
I'm looking for a block to start a build with, I'd totally be on that engine in 3 months ... if it were still around lol

Wednesday, October 18, 2006 1:42 PM
97cavy22 wrote:
Although i might not be buying another J i won't be leaving the org, i still have my 97 DD 2.2 cav that's running perfect at 93K so it's not going anywhere anytime soon. But I am looking at a Cobalt ss s/c, ION redline, 4X4 colorado, used GTO, or another cavalier.

that sux...if you like the feel of the cav, as far as the cabin space, think of the 4x4 Colorado as the same..just slightly

bigger, i mean come on...a better s-dime

but a GTO would be nice...but i dont see G35 Coupe on there....

Thursday, October 19, 2006 4:42 AM
dude that totally sucks! and its only such a small part of the car that needs work even though its a good piece of work the rest of the car is mint. sucks big time. but since your in the predicament your in i say go with the s/c bolt. I went with one and its the best desicion ive made. f- the redline, colorado would work, gto would be awesome.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search