Cavalier Makeover (LOTS of pics) - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Cavalier Makeover (LOTS of pics)
Tuesday, October 24, 2006 10:25 AM
Save up for the Cobalt Mods, if you want to do simple things to make it look a little "cleaner" then follow what everyone has said:

- Remove all the emblems (including the interior one, honestly, it looks cheap)
- Remove the pinstripe
- Remove any decals (you might like the Japanese lettering, but when you sell it the new owner might not)
- Buy/trade for stock tails - again if you're selling it, the new owner may not like Altezzas.
- You can get a set of struts/lowering springs for under $500. When you sell it, make sure you point out that it's new (and make sure you buy them new, not used lol)

Good paint on the interior radio bezel, that looks good! Why didn't you paint the vents?

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 7:48 PM
I didint paint the vents the same color, but I did paint them black. I just didint think that the same color on them would look good /shurg

I am going to do a few things to fix it up to sell:

• carpet the dash to hide the cracks near the top
  • repaint the trunk (primer showing)
  • put new 6x9s in the back and put new carpet over them (carpet coming off)
  • fix the a/c
  • possibaly put stock taillights in, if the buyer prefers
  • remove all decals and badages
  • put factory rims back on

-------------------------------
"Laying in bed one night, I said "Where did I go worng?". Then I heard a voice say "This is going to take a while..."
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 9:26 PM
come on guys, hes 17, this is probably first car. his parents probabaly bought it for him. he is just fresh into the world of auto mods. please give him a break.

dude, if youre gonna sell the car, dont put any money into except to fix the @!#$ that doesnt work. if you ask anyone who's sold their car after modding it, you get little return on your investment. if you want to keep it, everyone has said the same @!#$ like 30 times.

Sigga what?

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 10:08 PM
StonerWoCause (aka Robert C) wrote:come on guys, hes 17, this is probably first car. his parents probabaly bought it for him. he is just fresh into the world of auto mods. please give him a break.

not to argue, but so what? i started working on my cav, (also my first car and my parents bought it for me), when i was 16 and finished when i was still only 17. (the reason i say finished is because the cav is now for sale, because as we all know a project car is never finished, lol) I just recently turned 18. Your age shouldn't have an effect on how cheap of a route your going to go. I wanted to do the mods right the first time and i realized that early in the game, so i got a job and saved, saved, saved. but i must admit, if it wasn't for jbo things probably would have turned out differently because this organization really gave me some ideas of what looks good on our cars.

Justin you remind me alot of myself, (we even use our actual first and last names as our main names, lol) but luckily i found this site only about a month after i got the car. now in that months time yes i made some stupid mistakes (seat covers, altezzas, 14" aftermarket wheels lol). And i too had planned on selling the car because lets face it our cars arent the greatest. But after seeing this site i saw the potential our cars had to look awesome visually. It's been a fun project but time to move onto something else now. A cobalt ss/sc is def. one of the cars id love to get but there just too expensive at the moment for me to afford.

wow, didn't mean to write out my whole life story there, once i get started i just cant stop, lol
good luck with the cav, and getting that cobalt

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search