OFFICIAL progress thread of Seamless Z24's Interior - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: OFFICIAL progress thread of Seamless Z24's Interior
Sunday, November 12, 2006 10:02 AM
man im loving how everything is coming out but i think you should take the headrests off i think it would look alot cleaner. but keep up the good work cant wait to see it finished

01 cavi 4 door
big changes coming in 07

Sunday, November 12, 2006 2:05 PM
StreetDreamZz- hey man i use just the brand bondo from advance autoparts. It works pretty good, only reason i use it because of the price, its 1 of the cheapest places. Plus its just right down the road!.

krazikavi19- thanks, ya i think your right about the headrest, does anybody know how to take the headrest off?

Also I need help tryin to figure out where to put the subs, i have 4 and 2 amps, but im cool with only using 2 amps. I was thinking of putting the 2 subs behind the backseats? and glass them in. I dont really want to do a trunk set-up becasue i like the look w/ the trunk shut

Sunday, November 12, 2006 2:42 PM
for the headrests just push all the way down. and use a lot of force to pull them up. it should pull out. and glassing subs behind the back seats would be sweet

Sunday, November 12, 2006 5:28 PM
sweet!!!

---------------------------------
www.droptout.com
Sunday, November 12, 2006 6:19 PM
dude you should think about glassing them in between the 2 back buckets ive seen it done in mini trucks and it looks sweet just an idea

01 cavi 4 door
big changes coming in 07
Sunday, November 12, 2006 7:42 PM
Mike- Get on AIM damnit! I have something for you.

Monday, November 13, 2006 9:22 AM
BroughtDownKustomz (Blue Ace) wrote:StreetDreamZz- hey man i use just the brand bondo from advance autoparts. It works pretty good, only reason i use it because of the price, its 1 of the cheapest places. Plus its just right down the road!.

krazikavi19- thanks, ya i think your right about the headrest, does anybody know how to take the headrest off?

Also I need help tryin to figure out where to put the subs, i have 4 and 2 amps, but im cool with only using 2 amps. I was thinking of putting the 2 subs behind the backseats? and glass them in. I dont really want to do a trunk set-up becasue i like the look w/ the trunk shut

mike do you guys have car quests where you are. they sell rage brand fillers and they sand in about half the time as the bondo brand does for pretty much the same cost. might want to look into them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, November 13, 2006 12:39 PM
Since you dont like to have your trunk open at shows, just weld it shut, shave it and seal it to use your whole trunk as a box. Then add some ports that come out of the trunk lid. mount the subs behind the rear seats on the wall firing forward. but make sure to seal the enclosure off from the interior of the car. Just a wild idea

Monday, November 13, 2006 5:08 PM
Looks really good!

but is the steering wheel going be only a bling in there? maybe it will blend in once the dash is painted. and whats up with the shifter cover?

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:59 AM
phews,-- thanks for the comment, no i have a billet rear view mirror to go w/ the wheel, and i got a chrome bezel peice that goes around the cluster, chrome pedals, and a chrome shift knob. As far as the shifter cover... it was $5 at summit racing on their "mark down rack", so i figured that i would give it a shot, im not sure if i like it or not. Now it kind of looks out place because i dont see anything else chrome yanno? i dunno

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 6:12 AM
BroughtDownKustomz (Blue Ace) => I PM'd you..but do you use bondo for your dash pieces too? or do you hand lay it w/ resin?

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 7:29 AM
well to make those peices for my dash, i made the shape out of masking tape (2" wide), it sounds crazy but thats how you do it, then... i take 3M (the company) spray adhesive, and spray the tape. Then what i do next is to lay alluminum foil on it so it stick right to the tape. Next step is to lay chop matt or also can be called fiberglass matting over the aluminum foil. Then I take resin and put multiple coats over the chop matt.

You use the alluminum foil because resin will not stick to it. Once the resin hardens, put a coat of Duraglass (bondo that has resin in it), over the whole peice, do this before you pull your peice off, why you do this is because with the temp. fiberglass can warp. And the duraglass will not cause it to warp. Once that hardens pop it off, do your trimming, then start adding bondo. And boom your done!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 7:55 AM
off topic question... but where do you work? You have a lot of talent, and i hope your pursuing something in this field. I like how you do crazy @!#$ and never look back. The quality and originality of your work has really improved since the last car. Congratulations on a job well done and hopefully the rest of the interior goes smoothly for ya. cheers to you

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:09 AM
the lemur- hey thanks man, im located in akron, ohio.... my father owns a body shop so i was born into the scene and the buisness. Basicaly w/ fiberglass im just self tought, I am getting better each min. i work on stuff, you just learn what to do to make it easier on yourself all these tricks.

But im actualy looking for another job, its tough working for family, plus the pay sucks horrible, I have 3 cars, a house (im buying), a wife, and a baby coming, i just turned 21, and i make 8.50/hr so i deff. need to find something to do in a hurry.

I would love to do customizing for a living, but here in ohio nobody has the money.

I had a chance to work for West Coast Customs, but i got married and having a baby so that changed!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:13 PM
Well good luck with the family thing. I'm just getting into the auto body stuff now (earning my cert), but i'm already pretty excited about it. I'm gonna get started on some small fiberglass projects this winter and hopefully eventually do some crazy @!#$ like you have.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search