my new project - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my new project
Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:40 PM
total of $33 including powdercoating and material and hardware

The one, the only, ME.

Re: my new project
Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:54 PM
Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:56 PM
Subframe brace.

Thursday, December 28, 2006 4:01 PM
yes it is haha

The one, the only, ME.
Thursday, December 28, 2006 4:12 PM
Looks great BTW .

Thursday, December 28, 2006 4:16 PM
thanks

The one, the only, ME.
Saturday, December 30, 2006 2:08 PM
Looks like a todler did your powdercoating

dan

Saturday, December 30, 2006 3:21 PM
I already got one of those but not powder coated but the idea is alot better than the RK sport version (section8cavi) Scott Trent gave me his old one and he made it a while back
Saturday, December 30, 2006 3:35 PM
is yours also 1"x1"? if so how was the difference? and how and waht did effect mostly? i.e. steering over all handling etc

thanks

The one, the only, ME.
Saturday, December 30, 2006 3:37 PM
What kinda of material is that made out of? I could make my own wow 15 minutes of work.
Saturday, December 30, 2006 4:19 PM
its aluminum 1x1 square tubing and yes its that easy

and like i said $33 total for everything hardware and material bought from lowes

The one, the only, ME.

Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:21 PM
OMG STOP POSTING.... were ALLLLLL doing that stupid thing in your sig when you post!!!

make one BIG post of every pack of gum, and condoms and car stuff you buy... not 450!!!!!!!

15.1@90.34mph
Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:21 PM
oh... and my subframe brace is made out of 2x3 square bar with 1/4" thick walls......

15.1@90.34mph
Saturday, December 30, 2006 8:25 PM
no free gum tell them idiots at lose that you should get free gum and btw nice work

Sunday, December 31, 2006 3:56 AM
Sunday, December 31, 2006 7:15 AM
that looks good!

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Sunday, December 31, 2006 4:06 PM
thats not me thats doing the posts i made one big post of all the stuff i got myself for christmas and then now this one, his name is 04ps. so please continue to beat your head on the computer

The one, the only, ME.
Monday, January 01, 2007 9:34 AM
04eco wrote:thats not me thats doing the posts i made one big post of all the stuff i got myself for christmas and then now this one, his name is 04ps. so please continue to beat your head on the computer

well shame on you for making your name look like his!!!! i wondered why the sigs were different

carry on, my bad

nice peice of steel u got there

15.1@90.34mph
Monday, January 01, 2007 10:00 AM
i actually have had this screenname since aug of 04 when i joined hahaha no big deal though and its aluminum

and install pics will be up with in the hour

The one, the only, ME.
Monday, January 01, 2007 10:03 AM
i'm just a pic. whore. can't help it. lol just like showing off every lil mod i do. sorry for the multiple post. i'll try and keep it at a minimum.

Monday, January 01, 2007 11:22 AM

i wear a size 10 shoe just to give the comparison how low it hangs, and im on the koni kit. as long as i dont stradle things its fine though

The one, the only, ME.

Monday, January 01, 2007 12:28 PM
thats hot

I need to repaint my subframe brace

Monday, January 01, 2007 3:57 PM
Wow I think you got ripped off on the aluminum. All big name hardware stores who sell steel like that charge way to much. Would have been better off finding a assorted metal store and save yourself a few bucks.
Monday, January 01, 2007 4:34 PM
33 bucks is pretty cheap... if you cant afford that then you shouldnt mod your car.... if you want it cheaper you could just not powder coat it and save a few bucks? ehhh

looks great!

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Monday, January 01, 2007 4:36 PM
yes if i wanted to wait on shipping i couldve gottent he same piece of aluminum offline for $4.50 maybe $6 with shipping but still concidering $33 for the same as the $50+ dollar pieces if a great deal for me, especially when it does the same damn thing and it took me a total of an hour 15 min to cut it drill it and install it and the powdercoating place had it done in like an hour and a half.

got to drive the car around and it is insane how responsive the steering is now with the koni kit on firm understeer is basically non exsistant can take on.off ramps at like 50 mph with no trouble no skid effort nothing. its crazy, have to experience it for yourself. completely shocked me that a 1x1 piece of square aluminum could do so much.

The one, the only, ME.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search