cyberdyne guage cluster completion - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cyberdyne guage cluster completion
Saturday, January 06, 2007 5:33 PM
well heres the latest in the cluster install, i wish i had pics with the dash fiberglassed and done but that will be a while.

Re: cyberdyne guage cluster completion
Saturday, January 06, 2007 5:45 PM
nice i like it, def a clean look- wana make me some can't wait to see it w/ the dash complete

Saturday, January 06, 2007 5:46 PM
Saturday, January 06, 2007 5:48 PM
Clean looking. Get some pics in the car.

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Saturday, January 06, 2007 6:05 PM
man how did you do that. That is awesome looking I want one bad

Saturday, January 06, 2007 6:38 PM
Well i guess i could build some for you guys but it wont be cheap. Between the guages and the clusters that i would have to buy , if you want one built please pm me with what year car and type as well as what guages that you want and what color and ill come up with some prices, all is plug and play except the tach needs a tach adapter

thanks
jason

Saturday, January 06, 2007 6:42 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys, all of it is plug and play except the tach needs a tach adapter, i used the autometer 9117, i might try to build one or two for other people, pm me with your car cav/fire and what year as well as what guages and what color you would like and ill price some for you guys
thanks
jason

Saturday, January 06, 2007 6:46 PM
That looks pretty damn good. I have the red cyberdyne gauges in my a pillar and I love them. Looks great man.

Saturday, January 06, 2007 7:18 PM
dude looks like it turned out pretty good. hopefully i'll get to see them in chicago

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Saturday, January 06, 2007 8:21 PM
ya hope so j- until then good luck and we will work hard until then
later
jason

Saturday, January 06, 2007 8:24 PM
fking baller.

Saturday, January 06, 2007 9:17 PM
How much for a 04 cav?

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!
Saturday, January 06, 2007 9:41 PM
Sweet. Is it hard to do. ive been thinking of doing it myself.

Do you need to relocate a cluster so its plugged in to work? or if not how do you get it to work. from what i heard you cant start the car without the cluster plugged in.

I want to share something with you - the three sentences that will get you through life. Number one, 'cover for me', Number two, 'oh, good idea, boss', Number three, 'it was like that when I got here.'
Saturday, January 06, 2007 10:20 PM
95-99 needs a cluster to work.

but I have a few questions my self.

Odometer? Does it still have one?

And do all the wires just plug and play into digital?

None the less, that is TITS!

Sunday, January 07, 2007 9:52 PM
hey everyone
thanks for all the pms, i will get prices wed and thurs on my days off, how ever to answer some questions:
full cav effect
1. ya 95-99 has to have the cluster unless you use a passlock module ( thats what i did )
2. you can relocate the cluser ( circuit board ) but i found no need to.
3. yes the speedo has a milage slot and its programmable for each car from the factory you just have to tell them the milage when they make it, i didn't as i am doing a motor swap so technically i have 0 miles since its a new motor.
4. i guess plug and play is a little misunderstood, you can't unplug the stock harness and plug these in, you have to either t-tap the wires in the harness or cut them, i cut them as the car will never return to stock and ill never need the idiot lights as i have guages for everything except the airbag light for which there are none. The only wire that you have to run is a tach adapter wire to the coil.
5. There are many options, they even have a tach/speedo combo in a single 3 and 3/8ths guage with milage.

ill probley make one for someone on here and try for the cavalier ( shouldn't be much different )
i just have to work out one problem, and thats compensating for the missing clear guage cover that cannot be used ( as i am fiberglassing the dash and ill add a little to fill it in ) so for the first guage cluster i will require the person to have a fiberglassed dash because of this unless you are ok with having a quarter inch around your cluster that is open.

Ill post prices next week and take one order for a set and i would prefferably like the cluster shipped to me and ill take it and build your choice of guages and wiring.

Monday, January 08, 2007 1:43 AM
jason norwood wrote:
ill probley make one for someone on here and try for the cavalier ( shouldn't be much different )
i just have to work out one problem, and thats compensating for the missing clear guage cover that cannot be used ( as i am fiberglassing the dash and ill add a little to fill it in ) so for the first guage cluster i will require the person to have a fiberglassed dash because of this unless you are ok with having a quarter inch around your cluster that is open.

Why not remove the clear piece, and still use the black plastic trim? Then you wouldnt need to fill it.

Still looks pretty good though.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, January 08, 2007 4:35 AM
thats freaking sweet looking man

keep us posted

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, January 08, 2007 8:44 AM
very sweeeet!!!

I can't wait to start wiring mine up now. Did you run into any difficulties or anything?

Monday, January 08, 2007 9:58 AM
Monday, January 08, 2007 10:57 AM
ya Im interested in the wiring as I already have 7 cyberdyne gauges. I will gladly pay you if you could wright down the wire to wire and where you got the pass lovk thing to bypass the cluster re locate.

Monday, January 08, 2007 1:37 PM
Damn that is sweet. Can you try and post up a ballpark price for a cluster like I have now.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, January 08, 2007 1:57 PM
big poppa- i saw the set up that you are doing and like it a lot and its very original, i would like to give tips on wiring but unless your car is a 95 our ecus are different, but i have a number for you to call and they can give you a pin out for the back of the cluster

bummRz- what year is your car, what is currently in the cluster you have and what guages do you want and do you want it painted??

Wade jarvis--- what kid of guages do you want and do you want it painted??

later guys
jason

Monday, January 08, 2007 3:03 PM
the gauges look good but the top center one is closer to the left then center. it just doesnt look right to me, but i like the overall setup i would have just done something a little more custom to finish them off.

Monday, January 08, 2007 3:17 PM
I have a 98 fire...

Gary has helped me out huge in terms of wiring...he sent me a nice how to that I will be following.

Keep up the great work...those gauges do make the world of a difference.

Monday, January 08, 2007 3:41 PM
or cut the plastic cover to go around the gauge bezel. this way your could paint it, or fiberglass it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search