Tiny Update.... - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tiny Update....
Monday, February 04, 2008 10:11 PM
Purdy coozie!

keep up the good work.

Monday, February 04, 2008 10:35 PM
JUCNBST wrote:^ I've been waiting for that comment honestly I knew it was coming. and i still wont part with it. haha

LOL ... I gave up on getting it back a long time ago Ive had a 03-05 lss rear on my car for awhile now

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 7:52 AM
Justin- I'm hoping for whp.....w/o the bottle.

Cody-Thanks

ken- i doubt i'll be parting with it ever haha

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 1:43 PM
Well time to update...this car will no longer be my DD, everything I planned on doing has completely changed...and I'm so excited cuz i got another dd now. I will be tearing the whole car apart and selling some things so keep an eye on the classifides and regional forums..

Before anybody asks or pm's me I'm keeping the shell and the ohv till it's totalled or I get an obscene amount of money for them....hahahahaha.... have a good day I'm off to shovel more snow.

Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:00 PM
So......I used to own this car and I did end up selling it before "I" finished it but It ended up going to my best friend in exchange for some greenbacks and THIS OLD TRUCK. Then that bastard let me talk him into buying all my turbo parts for the car and one random saturday he was like lets stay up 32 hours and install all the turbo parts and fab a down pipe with that mig welder you just got....and we ended up with this......

Then after lots of crapy luck we had nothing but wiring issues when QWK LN2 came to chicagoland to tune this thing but ended up tuning my Turd of an ecotec I purchased off darkstars Then after the frustration and hunting around for wiring harness that wasn't corroded to all hell we got that sorted out....but We had a fueling issue with the dam thing that almost made him want to sell the dam car. Turns out the Racetronix fuel pump was sucking up the suppiled filter in the fuel cup and causing our low pressure issue we discovered yesterday and after we removed it all was well, and Rare5spd came out with his HPT in hand and the little turbo LN2 is pulling happy at 12psi for now.....and the motor build is to be done over the winter by vetguy who is the owner of my old car. I'm updating this since he never posts here and I'm always there with pics of his car anyway.

Car sat like this last night after dailing it in at 12psi.

So for anyone who cares or wondered what happened to this car, it's still around and even though I didn't get this car where I wanted it, my buddy plans on finishing it, and I'll post all the turbo fab pics when we go to refab everything over the winter when I'm free to tig on the car after work.

Sunday, July 22, 2012 8:42 AM
Pulled the motor out the other night.

RD Fabs stainless jtuners repo mani, Note the dent we had to put into the one runner because it makes contact with the starter. If it was slightly shorter (which there was enough room to do) we wouldn't have need'd to dink it.

the old mig'd stainless downpipe which will be tossed aside for a nice tig'd 3" turbo back

Sunday, July 22, 2012 3:16 PM
such a small sized motor its insane... good progress though!

Sunday, July 22, 2012 4:14 PM
Yeah Rare5spd and I were making jokes about it, you should see the exhaust ports in the had, they are like quarter sized haha...so the head will be getting ported as well. I got Eagle rods, Arp head studs nd a commetic mls gasket here for the engine once we are ready to reassemble it.

Sunday, July 22, 2012 9:42 PM
My ln2 is about to come out. It needs a new home.... Has lotsa goodies in it, haha.

Sunday, July 22, 2012 10:11 PM
Good to hear, I'm snooping around your build thread

Sunday, July 22, 2012 10:21 PM
Haha! That's what it's there for!

Seriously tho, the LN2 is running good n strong and crying to be beat on with forced induction again. Lmao.

Sunday, July 22, 2012 10:39 PM
I'm sure you'll get a happy owner for your Ln2, why did you unturbo it btw? I thought you had it boosted for a while.

Monday, July 23, 2012 6:16 AM
JUCNBST wrote:I'm sure you'll get a happy owner for your Ln2, why did you unturbo it btw? I thought you had it boosted for a while.

Got overwhelmed with everything I still needed to do to it to hit the power levels I wanted and get the suspension setup able to handle the torque, lol... Sold the turbo stuff and drove my SS instead... Just one of those times I needed to forget about the j for awhile. Now I'm kinda like starting over. Doing it the right way. Fixing the body and getting the suspension and Eco swap done... Them it will be ready for a build and a supercharger of I decide to go that route.

Monday, July 23, 2012 7:04 AM
YEAH ..... More 2200 Love!!!!!
Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:26 AM
Spent a little time figuring out how I'd like to run things on the stand. All I got done today is I tore apart the baffling of the valve cover to see what needed to be mod'd for boost and I clocked the cold side and mod'd the oil dipstick tube to fit better between the 3 and 4 manifold primaries.

Friday, July 27, 2012 4:23 AM
Those manifolds were the biggest pain in my ass to this date.... I'm wondering if the mock up engine we used had an aftermarket starter, we had plenty of clearance from that primary to the solenoid. Is your starter original?

Friday, July 27, 2012 5:22 AM
Yeah I never replaced it on this car since I purchased it with 9k miles and my friend I sold everything too hasn't done anything to it other than oil changes.

Saturday, July 28, 2012 8:08 AM
We took 10min to tear the motor down and see what the deal was, everything was fine with exception of a spun rod bearing on the #4 rod.

Saturday, July 28, 2012 8:48 AM
Damn man thats looking good bro.. Least the rod bearing isnt that big of a deal and sumwhat of an easy fix.. Great job and cant wit to see it all together!! Keep up the good work!!
Thursday, August 09, 2012 9:34 AM
I spent a little time out in the garage after work fabbing up a catch can for the car. I had some 16g stainless sheet I cut up on the band saw.

This one shows the 2nd angle bend on the inlet from the valve cover behind the flat stock that kind of blocks it's view in the 2nd pic.

And if anyone is curious the an bungs are welded on the inside of the box.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 1:21 PM
oh i like that. nice work man!

love that the bungs are welded on the inside. much cleaner look than globbed on weld like you see all the time on cars with those bungs.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.

Thursday, August 09, 2012 1:44 PM
Can I have your welding babies?

Please?

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Thursday, August 09, 2012 1:53 PM
Just Saying, when its time Im bringing my car to your garage and not letting it leave till you build me some goodies .

She's almost ready to be started, I have the bottom end back together, but I've been foot-dragging on the whole thing.

Loving the progress!

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Thursday, August 09, 2012 5:25 PM
Thanks brad, I like the idea of welding them on the inside as well when possible.

Chris- If you can take a local college welding class I'd highly recomend it. I took an intro class that let me torch cut/weld, stick,tig and mig. Since then I got hooked. I think every car guy should take a welding class. And yes you can receive my baby batter haha.

Matt When your LN2 is ready I'm a phone call and 45minute drive away. Hell some things I could fab at home since I have ln2 stuff out in the garage.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:18 PM
Just sharing a photo Ron posted on facebook....Turbo cam, arp main's, weisco's all showed up today.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search