Pics of clean/polished engine bays? whos got them - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Pics of clean/polished engine bays? whos got them
Monday, December 31, 2007 9:50 AM
holy sh!t an induction dynamics intake... aint seen one of those for a long time.

amazing engine bay, viral. lovn the rare as hell cf radiator cover for the sunfire

Monday, December 31, 2007 10:07 AM
how do i go about moving the engine computer to the inside of my car? any pics/help would be nice..

Monday, December 31, 2007 12:34 PM
Freak04 wrote:how do i go about moving the engine computer to the inside of my car? any pics/help would be nice..

disconnect the wiring from the cpu. cut a bigger hole in the grey grommet on the firewall. run the wiring thru the firewall inside the car, reattach wiring to cpu. remove plastic panel in front of center console. remove plastic holder of cpu. attach cpu with zipties inside open area where u removed th panels. make sure wiring is out of the way of pedals, put plastic panel back on. done.

takes about an hour.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, December 31, 2007 12:38 PM
thank you every one... exactly what i was looking for ...

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Monday, December 31, 2007 1:06 PM
heres a few of mine. not fully detialed but you get the just.

and here it is before I did the charge pipes and when the turbo was first installed.

**changes are here**

Monday, December 31, 2007 1:11 PM

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, December 31, 2007 1:28 PM
Supercharged...

Turbocharged... (still not ready for the road yet)

I even chrome plated the powersteering pump and ran new braided stainless lines.

(ya I know the plug wires aren't in the right order,it was just for a quick pic for effect)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, December 31, 2007 1:33 PM

"The FACTS are always subject to CHANGE once the TRUTH is applied"
"In the entire history of man the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked"
Monday, December 31, 2007 1:47 PM

from this thread:
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=139184&t=139184#139184

IMO, best engine bay ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, December 31, 2007 1:48 PM

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Monday, December 31, 2007 3:21 PM

Monday, December 31, 2007 3:57 PM
OLD PICS!

Soon to have this taking up some space.

Monday, December 31, 2007 4:14 PM
wow i love this thread, quads and ecotecs everywhere of all stylz...

GMR has got nothing on this

Monday, December 31, 2007 4:23 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:Here are a few shots of mine... relocation of wiring and things like that is key to cleaning up the engine bay...
Surprisingly... a lot of time went into the cleaning/painting of parts as well as polishing and cleaning up/relocating of wires, etc. Good luck to you.... I think the #1 thing you can do Josh is polish the charger!
chris-

Thank you for that... and i dont want to copy you but i was planning on going to with blue and polished accents like yours... probably not exatly but similar... hopfully you mind... also to powerdercoat your the end where the timing chain was... how hard was it to pull off? like my engine is all built and put togeather so im worried im limited on what i can do now what out having to tear it all apart..
as for the charger i plan on doing that as well... i didnt have it done when i got it ported cuz i can do it my self for next to nothing...

silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
Monday, December 31, 2007 5:33 PM
You are going to need to take the supercharger all the way apart to polish it. Also the alluminum timing chain cover is would be next to imposible to remove from the engine with it in the car. However you can polish the top off it with it in the car.

Monday, December 31, 2007 6:17 PM
Wade Jarvis wrote:You are going to need to take the supercharger all the way apart to polish it. Also the alluminum timing chain cover is would be next to imposible to remove from the engine with it in the car. However you can polish the top off it with it in the car.

the engine will be out of the car on a stand.. so that part shouldnt be to hard...

As for the supercharger... why would i have to take it all apart to polish? there isnt much that actually comes apart on it? other then the snout which is not that to do with the pulley off.. and then just spray it with the high temp clear coat and she will stay shinny for a long time with out worrie about oxidation

Monday, December 31, 2007 6:59 PM
I was afraid to clearcoat my sc because I was worrried about the clearcoat turning yellish. I did however clearcoat the entire IDI cover after it was painted so I am watching it to see how it looks. If it holds up well I will be clearcoating some of the harder to clean alluminum.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 1:41 AM

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 3:04 AM
johns car is so damn flawless, strive to be half as good as his car/ engine bay and you will be better than 90% on the boards, or better

great engine bas BTW to everyone

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 6:48 AM
Tuesday, January 01, 2008 7:01 AM
John Higgins wrote:

why does that look so familiar?

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 1:28 PM
heres my engines bay STILL being rebuilt. i posted these once before but would like to get some input of what i can do to clean it up more. (oh please no motor swap comments, not happening)

now i know my motor is in no way near as cool as the ones above but keep in mind the 96 cavi had its share of dirt and oil

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 1:49 PM
eh why not...

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 1:51 PM

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 2:34 PM
2.2&2.4(azncav) wrote:heres my engines bay STILL being rebuilt. i posted these once before but would like to get some input of what i can do to clean it up more. (oh please no motor swap comments, not happening)

now i know my motor is in no way near as cool as the ones above but keep in mind the 96 cavi had its share of dirt and oil

The whole purpose of this thread it to show CLEAN ENGINES, why post pics of your car without and engine?

you can post questions without post pics.

Better yet, why more than 1 pic to get the point across?

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 2:40 PM
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:
2.2&2.4(azncav) wrote:heres my engines bay STILL being rebuilt. i posted these once before but would like to get some input of what i can do to clean it up more. (oh please no motor swap comments, not happening)

The whole purpose of this thread it to show CLEAN ENGINES, why post pics of your car without and engine?

you can post questions without post pics.

Better yet, why more than 1 pic to get the point across?

i could be wrong but the title does state ... clean/polished engine BAYS. so since my engine BAY was cleaned up a bit i posted ..

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 2:45 PM
You're probably right. That is what it was made for, you got me on a technicality, carry on.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search