Northstar V8 cavalier - Page 11 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Northstar V8 cavalier
Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:36 PM
BOOOING!!!!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:47 PM
Crazy sh*t! I want!!
Congrats on getting it running.. I love this car, with a freaking V8! goddamnit!

Cant wait for more pixs!! and vids of it running and dragging...

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 11:00 PM
huge props to the work the car is shaping up VERY nicely

the only thing that kills it for me is why are the rear tires wider than the front?

all that work, you retained FWD yet made the rear tires 2inches wider than the front... shoulda made it RWD to justify that

but, I digress. huge props to the work done here, especially that front subframe.. insane!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008 11:15 PM
Im disappointed...

Should have put a chunky cam in it...

OH wells...

I GUESS it will do...

haha

jk you man...@!#$ amazing...earned lots of rep.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Tuesday, July 15, 2008 11:23 PM
i want one, daddy!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 12:42 AM
(tabs) wrote:i want one, daddy!

x2 please

its all gonna be worth it just to see the look on some poor kid's face when he pulls up in his honda and wants to race and you just let that monster roar. love it!

---

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:49 AM
Im happy about it

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 7:05 AM
Please change the exterior back to stock.... holy crap that would be a sweet ass sweet sleeper!!!!!!!!!!
if not, its still sexy as can be!!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 7:25 AM
Is the transmission working too? What trans are you using?

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:16 AM
This is just simply amazing!!

Congrats on all the hard work.... I am truely an admirer!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:38 AM
Godspeed wrote:Please change the exterior back to stock.... holy crap that would be a sweet ass sweet sleeper!!!!!!!!!!

I personally think it's more of a sleeper with the huge gawdy bodykit, versus a stock bumpered car. I'd assume it was another slow show-car all day long.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:44 PM
Godspeed wrote:Please change the exterior back to stock.... holy crap that would be a sweet ass sweet sleeper!!!!!!!!!!

That would be sweet to see... but his beast of a intercooler would look like Tonka scoop at the front.

and to all the doubters.......................................................... no comment

Great job man.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:51 PM

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:54 PM
nothing short of amazing congratulations

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:58 PM
Eternal wrote:

Kinda Creepy

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:59 PM
AWESOMENESS!!!!!! now when ur done send me a list of everything u used...lol im joking. thats it tight though....congrats!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 2:12 PM
zdoubledozen wrote:

That would be sweet to see... but his beast of a intercooler would look like Tonka scoop at the front.

and to all the doubters.......................................................... no comment

Great job man.

Its a radiator, not intercooler. Awesome work. Your gonna do mine next, right?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 2:22 PM
WOW.... thats freakin amazing sounding... major major props to you bro... i need to go clean my pants now.... get it on the road..... i cant wait to seee it driving...

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 2:57 PM
Phewes wrote:Crazy sh*t! I want!!
Congrats on getting it running.. I love this car, with a freaking V8! goddamnit!

Cant wait for more pixs!! and vids of it running and dragging...

I look forward to dragging it, actually that has always been my favorite part of driving the car (minitruck influence coming through )

Why would i want it to be a sleeper, I dont plan to race anyone on the street anyway- its not worth the chances of someone else getting hurt. (no, this isnt directed at only you, just too much work to quote a lot of people)

DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:huge props to the work the car is shaping up VERY nicely

the only thing that kills it for me is why are the rear tires wider than the front?

all that work, you retained FWD yet made the rear tires 2inches wider than the front... shoulda made it RWD to justify that

but, I digress. huge props to the work done here, especially that front subframe.. insane!

Its got 8.5" wheels on the front, didnt want to try go much wider than that, and the rears are that wide because who can say no to 4' lips

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:26 PM
hey i was woundering what donor vehical did you get the trans out of ???? i tryd searchin online but i couldint find anything . ive been diggin up info on this swap cuz i thought itd be cool and somthing original to have as a long term project....... but i guess somone beat me to it .
any info on where to find or what vehical or vehcials to pull the trans/clutch/flywheel set up would be awesome ! and congrats on getin her going ! id pay alot of money to take a ride in that beast ! ff , fr , all wheel it doesint matter to me ! the fact its still ff makes things very interesting and the fact you flawlessly pulled it off .......... Props to you my friend !!!!! you a lucky guy !
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 7:49 PM
Sounds great man! Glad to hear the beast running. Planning to do an exhaust cutout for drags? Or is the setup open "enough" for now?

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:59 PM
am i the first to call ?

...photoshop.

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 11:43 PM
LOL it's not....

watch for flying sparks!!!
Thursday, July 17, 2008 8:09 AM
boostNbags wrote:LOL it's not....

quiet you! So is yours!

Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:03 AM
1997ztwo4 wrote:

Why would i want it to be a sleeper, I dont plan to race anyone on the street anyway- its not worth the chances of someone else getting hurt. (no, this isnt directed at only you, just too much work to quote a lot of people)

i wasnt referring for the practicality of racing people, but even at shows... people stroll up to a stock looking cav and BAM! their grandma slaps them in the face and says "V8 BIT#H!!"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search