New updates of the Cav. Final pics.....EVER - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New updates of the Cav. Final pics.....EVER
Monday, April 07, 2008 10:44 PM
Yes, yes I know. I've said I was parting the cav out and I was. But first I want to leave you guys with the final update of the cav. First I leave you with the final look my Cav was rocking at the start of 2008. Personally it was how I loved my car the most in the 7 years I have owned it. After that I was content with it, and decided it was time to part the cav out. I bought the car in Feb 2001, with 29k on the odomoter. Since the car has seen over 110k put on it and endless changes.

I know that I have been parting out the Cav in hopes of returning it to stock, but never in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined what happened tonight occuring. Saturday I proposed to my now fiancee' so we decided this evening since it was nice out to go house hunting. While traveling down the highway just after dark (remember I live in Eastern KY so there are tons of cut throughs for highways), we are in the slow lane with a deafening bang goes off and the Cav gets knocked clear over into the fast lane. We both look at eachother like wtf, and at first I thought a bird had hit my window. She looked at the back of my car and said "your rear window is busted." I glance over my shoulder and notice the rear quarter window is busted as well. So I pull off the road to see a cloud of dust on the highway behind us, and a truck with a busted rim (he hit the rocks that hit us) pulling into the center of the highway with a state trooper pulling in behind us.
Come the find out the mountain had collapsed and the large bulk had crushed the passenger side of my car, and breaking into a second peice which crushed the top rear half of my car busting the rear windows. The size of the two busted rocks that hit my car were a little over three feet long and and around 28 inches thick, so you can do the math to figure out the weight of those things. There was no warning, no slippage no falling, the mountain gave and my car was directly under it, and took the bulk of the hit.
All in all I am just glad that both of us are okay. When I got out and looked at where we were hit, I know things could have went a much different route and am thankful it didnt turn out another way. When you see where it hit directly under the passenger window I couldn't imagine had it went through it with my fiancee' in the passenger seat.
Here's some night shots.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Re: New updates of the Cav. Final pics.....EVER
Monday, April 07, 2008 10:51 PM
damn that sucks....at least your ok...
Monday, April 07, 2008 10:57 PM
unreal... good thing you both are ok.. that could have been really bad... sad to see a nice j like that
Monday, April 07, 2008 11:01 PM
thats a Total......Wow man thats sucks man, i really love your car....Im glad that you and your girl werent hurt by that.....are you gonna be more extensively parting it out now???

RIP JESSE GERARD.....7.11.87/1.25.08(sunfireboi)
You have received a forum warning:

Warning: Don't ever wish harm On an Ohio state player you Douche canoe...
Expires: Sunday, October 10, 2010 6:47 AM PT

Monday, April 07, 2008 11:02 PM
oh wow.
sorry to see that. glad you guys are ok.

Monday, April 07, 2008 11:06 PM
you know...Im reading through your post, and you're like, had it since 2001 blah blah blah...and for some reason, my thoughts were, wow, amazing people can keep their car together that long and not wreck it (dunno why, it just ran through my head)

rocks???? what are the odds? super glad to hear you guys are ok though. looks like the car might be a write off though

guess its a quicker way to sell it though...

wish ya luck, both you and your fiance and your future car endeavors

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 4:27 AM
Wow, that really sucks man. I was looking at the first pics and thinking "wow that car looks hot".
Then i saw the other pics. This car has been an inspiration to me for a long time, aways so clean.
Sorry it got totalled, but Im happy that you guys are ok.
PS-Congrats on the engagement.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 4:34 AM
I'm glad to hear everyone is fine. Did you keep the rocks to remind yourself someone was looking out for you?
Tuesday, April 08, 2008 4:45 AM
DUDE!!!!!!! Glad you guys are ok. That car was really nice too, that really sucks. Hope everything goes well w/ the 2 of you.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 4:54 AM
Glad you guys are ok

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, April 08, 2008 5:31 AM
Wow. That sucks, but defintely glad no one was hurt.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 5:44 AM
Damn not you too. WTF is it a J-Body curse... We both tried selling our cars/parting them out and on the same day we both get into accidents ... I feel sorry for you man, I know exactly how you feel. Hopefully your both alright.

Click Sig for Jersey GM's Official Website

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 6:13 AM
damn zach, that could have been a lot worse. its good to know you made it out of there ok, really blows about the car though

crap, first david's car-now ur's... these things come in three's, i hope the last triplet (me) isnt next

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 6:26 AM
thats messed up at least no one got hurt

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 6:36 AM
Wow..that's crazy..Glad you both are alright and congrats on the engagement!

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 6:38 AM
Sucks Zach! I'm sure whatever you choose to do or get will be rockin' Congratulations on the proposal!

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 6:54 AM
First off. Glad to hear you are both all right. Talk about a freak accident. I never thought of a car getting totaled that way.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 8:01 AM
wow man that sucks I guess it could have been alot worse Im glad to hear that you are both ok on a side note congratulations on the engagement

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 8:05 AM
first off. sorry for your luck. secondly. how much you want for the headlights and corners

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 8:31 AM
Crazy, glad you're both okay.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 8:38 AM
Wow thats insane, good that you're both ok tho. Congrats on the engagement.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 8:53 AM
damn sorry to see that happen glad your both okay. had to reread it, read it the first time and missed the word house. i was sitting there, man he just proposed so they are going out hunting, how deep in kentucky are they? lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, April 08, 2008 9:02 AM
Nooooo! I always liked your car man. I trhink its cool how it progressed through the years. I guess its alright since you planned on parting it out. and hey, at least she went out with a g*! Good luck with whatever car you get next!!

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 11:40 AM
holy @!#$ on the accident, good to hear you both are ok. thats a lil close for comfort on her side though, car looks good though b4.

Wednesday, April 09, 2008 5:53 AM
Thanks for the kind words and comments guys. I know I was parting the car out but I lost a good daily driver and such a freak way and sad way to see things go. Like was mentioned before I'm just greatful things didnt end up worse.

And yes everything on this car will be for sale. I'm going to gut it till there is nothing left. If anyone is interested in parts PM me and stay tuned in the mid east forums.

As to what I will move on to next I'm not sure, but I say it will be a couple years before I decide to really mod again.

Proud member of JBOK (J-bodies of Kentucky)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search