Northstar V8 cavalier - Page 8 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Northstar V8 cavalier
Monday, April 14, 2008 6:38 PM
NICE

Good luck and keep us updated.

Monday, April 14, 2008 7:03 PM
This build just keeps getting better, I've already got a boner the size of pikes peak! More pics and we're going for Mt. Everest!

Friday, April 18, 2008 10:10 PM
ProGreSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
??????????????

Friday, April 18, 2008 10:44 PM
nvg tranny? hows that gonna hold up.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 12:14 AM
^ I'm thinking idle everywhere, don't touch the gas lmao, I kid, I kid!

I'm with Doyle - any big progress? Or just the lil tiny stuff like before?

Saturday, April 19, 2008 11:35 AM
interesting work on the back half..... very interesting....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, April 19, 2008 11:36 AM

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, April 19, 2008 12:17 PM
why not just do a rwd conversion?? i realize that it would be a ton more work, but youve proven thats not a problem whatsoever.

Rollin' on question marks since 07.
Sunday, April 20, 2008 5:15 AM
I am hoping the NVG will hold up as i have heard and read good things about it, only time will tell i guess.
I havent done anything picture worthy in a little while; stripped the interior of all the rest of the wiring, ran wires for headlights, signals etc. in the front. I havent actually been able to spend as much time on it as i would like. Also need to wait on wheels before building rear suspension.

z yaaaa wrote:why not just do a rwd conversion?? i realize that it would be a ton more work, but youve proven thats not a problem whatsoever.

Honestly the car wasnt intended to get the rear this cut or rebuilt originally, now that it s this far it is really tempting but i wont be pulling the northstar before i even get a chance to drive it- although the thought has crossed my mind, the friends who have been helping me threathened me with much pain if i did it

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 9:28 PM
Any updates on this Beast???

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 3:35 AM
^ word

www.driftnamiperformance.com
Wednesday, May 07, 2008 9:34 AM
Waiting on the wheels to show up (hoping this weekend) then we can build the rear suspension- pics will be after that.
Should be finished the rear hub and brake setup tonight, so the suspension will go together quick once i have the wheels.
Been doing a few other things- got the front end (headlights hi and lo, foglights, turn signals and fan) wired up- the entire car from front to back is being rewired, meaning zero factory wiring. But wiring pictures really arent that exciting so i dont bother. Front bumper and headlights are in, but again they look the same as last year so not really pic worthy till she's back on the ground and layed out.
May get around to setting up the rest of the standalone stuff, depending how long other things take- working on other peoples cars for most of last week has really slowed progress

_

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 10:59 AM
you sir are an amazing fabricator, simply an amazing piece craftsmenship. Can't wait to see this little beast run

" Aint nothin' but a Peanut!"
Saturday, May 10, 2008 6:20 PM
Cavy610 wrote:you sir are an amazing fabricator, simply an amazing piece craftsmenship. Can't wait to see this little beast run

My brother is an amazing fabricator- trust me it wouldnt be possible without him. One day i will put up pics of his truck
It shall run soon enough, but gotta finish suspension and other stuff first.
I am with you and apparently lots of others being impatient to hear it run, will post videos then

_

Sunday, May 18, 2008 5:53 PM
wow amazing work I'm glued to the screen waiting for updates
Sunday, May 18, 2008 7:23 PM
you sir...make me feel proud to be Canadian. Awesome work. It goes without sayin that you are a god. Keep up the amazing work.

Sunday, May 18, 2008 7:50 PM
what a badass

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Sunday, May 18, 2008 8:09 PM
omg and once again brian returns from the dead. lol

amazing car man. i cannot WAIT to see this thing run.

Monday, May 19, 2008 9:50 AM
just subscribing and awaiting updates.

So basically hacking up the back is to give it deep dish wheels in the back? Any other use? IRS?

Monday, May 19, 2008 12:58 PM
Hey! post more new @!#$ you got!! I know u do from the jco boards!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 6:11 AM
yeah!!! keep us posted please! one of my favorite jbodies!!!! you r da man with big balls
Tuesday, May 20, 2008 2:21 PM
RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:just subscribing and awaiting updates.

So basically hacking up the back is to give it deep dish wheels in the back? Any other use? IRS?

The rear is cut up for IRS and to fit big and wide wheels, I'm sure there will be some hate about wide wheels in the back of a FWD car but i am in love with the way they look.

Phewes wrote:Hey! post more new @!#$ you got!! I know u do from the jco boards!

Ask and you shall recieve.

my new wheels showed up. I am very happy with them. Promptly went to our shop to see how they will look. Only took pics of the 20s on the front since the rear suspension wasnt built yet. We built the rear suspension but arent happy with some angles during the travel from top to bottom so it will get redone again, and maybe i will even remember the camera then
The wheels themselves are TSW's in 20X8.5 for the front and 22X10.5 for the rear. They are wrapped in Falken tires- 235/30ZR20 and 295/25ZR22, needless to say they lay a rather huge footprint.
The car will still lay right out- actually a little lower than last year!

Pics shortly after unpackaging

A couple shots of the 20s in the front

The 13" brakes look embarassingly small behind the 22s

A couple shots of the rears in place at ride height, when we finish the rear suspension there will be pics of tucking

_

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 2:27 PM
im in love

Lanman31337 -F = fatties = do not want. A little chunk in the junk is ok though.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 2:52 PM
1997ztwo4 wrote:
The rear is cut up for IRS and to fit big and wide wheels, I'm sure there will be some hate about wide wheels in the back of a FWD car but i am in love with the way they look.

agreed on both counts. I love the way it looks and I think there will be some haters. Tho most of them you will probably have no issue smoking!

If you are also doing it for IRS then its not totally pointless either.

Big Poppa did a widebody setup on his cav and put deep dish wheels on the back of his as well. Looks sweet if you ask me.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:02 PM
Wow and I thought the kid with the red Cav with 18's in the front and 19's in the rear was cool!!!

Haha.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:29 PM
<<Jaw drops through his desk and winds up in the Indian Ocean.

Holy jesus crackhoe licking smegma off a rhinoceros!!!!

Nice work!!!!!!! Beyond awesome!

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search