Got the Magnaflow on SOUNDS GOOD!!vid and pics - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got the Magnaflow on SOUNDS GOOD!!vid and pics
Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:14 PM
Well I think I can justify the statement that "putting just a muffler on our cars will sound like crap" is wrong well on a 2.4l anywyas. Here are a few pics of the install I seriously did this in a half hour today after classes. I love the sound NOT RICY LIKE AT ALL, nice deep mellow pitch.

Here you can see I cut off the factory hanger off of the old muffler clamp-hanger and tacked it to the magnaflow. It fit perfect.

I cleaned it up

Now I need to fab up a tip and thats it

Here is a short vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIOq4ddDcjA

02 Cavalier Z24- Free CAI I made
02 Trans am ws6 - Pace setter long tube headers, off road y-pipe,magnaflow exhaust, slp lid, bored polished throttle body, throttle body by pass, some other free mods, jegster lower control arms. best ET 12.7@112mph Heads/Cam in future

Re: Got the Magnaflow on SOUNDS GOOD!!vid and pics
Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:24 PM
really doesnt sound that bad. sounds like you took this with a digicam? i believe it would sound much better in person, or with a small resonator. props on using the stock hanger, looks good

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:27 PM
Thanks man, yea took vid on crap digicam. I really do love the sound it was just was I was looking for!

02 Cavalier Z24- Free CAI I made, magnaflow muffler
02 Trans am ws6 - Pace setter long tube headers, off road y-pipe,magnaflow exhaust, slp lid, bored polished throttle body, throttle body by pass, some other free mods, jegster lower control arms. best ET 12.7@112mph Heads/Cam in future
Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:55 PM
what did you weld that hanger with onto the muffler? those welds look terrible with all of the spatter and residue, maybe your gas nozzle wasn't opened on your MIG welder?

Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:11 PM
Luis Marroquin wrote:what did you weld that hanger with onto the muffler? those welds look terrible with all of the spatter and residue, maybe your gas nozzle wasn't opened on your MIG welder?

Electric MIG, I was not to worried bout looks sense it is on top and NO ONE will see it, I didnt even bother to put my mask on just tacked it on. Thanks for the compliment

Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:45 PM
On second look, those are some gnarly welds

Who cares tho, so long as it stays hangin'.

The video doesnt do it justice. Neither does watching it on a laptop, Ill check it out on my home pc later on, its got a "real" sound system.

I like what I was able to hear tho.
Thursday, April 24, 2008 10:04 PM
What model magnaflow is that?? I really like the sound of it! ...Do you have just the muffler and no resonator or cat??

-Jeremy
Friday, April 25, 2008 4:18 PM
Jeremy Smoot wrote:What model magnaflow is that?? I really like the sound of it! ...Do you have just the muffler and no resonator or cat??

-Jeremy

magnaflow part number 11254

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search