the vert gets FIRE!! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
the vert gets FIRE!!
Saturday, May 17, 2008 9:59 PM
sunfire interior that is. !!

not done with it yet just got excited and wanted to see what it would look like so i mounted it. everything minusthe side panels will be pull back off. i didnt use the sunfire bracing so i have to take it back apart and do it the right way.

someone please help or guide me through the wiring for the sunfire cluster please ! i have a digi cluster though. i if i got a digi sunfire cluster would it plug rite in into my harness?

and just for some thought for this summer !!

Re: the vert gets FIRE!!
Saturday, May 17, 2008 10:08 PM
nice work man, thats a nice litte addition

Saturday, May 17, 2008 10:25 PM
looking good man!

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Sunday, May 18, 2008 12:44 AM
hot

Sunday, May 18, 2008 1:14 AM
looks good. I have a digital milage cluster out of a 97 sunfire if your interested. it had the ld9 auto in the car.
Sunday, May 18, 2008 4:08 AM
This makes me want to just chop off the top on my cavfire! I LOVE IT MAN

Sunday, May 18, 2008 5:35 AM
I always wanted to do that, but the wife hate the Fire int. too much to let me do it.

Sunday, May 18, 2008 7:27 AM
i would have used the 03+ dash with the circular vents, but otherwise i think its an awesome swap.

Sunday, May 18, 2008 8:53 AM
looks pretty good man. but dont you dare forget the sunfire console!

Sunday, May 18, 2008 11:50 AM
SSLOBLT (StealthCavalier) wrote:i would have used the 03+ dash with the circular vents, but otherwise i think its an awesome swap.

i can swtich to that down the line whenever i find the top part wit the round vents.

thanks everyone im still not done with the swap, still have some parts to look for and the wiring to do.

still need : sunfire cluster digital
front dash bezal
center console
vent hoses

Sunday, May 18, 2008 2:59 PM
well heres a little bit of an update.

i modified the fire dash to fit the cavaliers cluster. not to bad actually just a little cutting and it fits like a glove. it basicly just sits in the spot without any mounting points. ill fix that later when i figure a way out.

Sunday, May 18, 2008 10:01 PM
i got the sunfire dash frame in.. at first i was just gonna mount my new fire dash to the current cavi dash frame. it worked with some cutting but the fire dash just didnt sit rite. the passenger side sat to low. now with the fire frame, everything fits so much better and nicer.

Monday, May 19, 2008 8:30 AM
I love those bronze rims on the last pic. where'd you get them

GMR has got nothing on this
Monday, May 19, 2008 10:27 AM
What you doing with your stock door panels?
Looks good man.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, May 19, 2008 3:56 PM
actually those rims were just a photoshop! i used the pics from some other member who had just posted his new rims. just thought i would photoshop and see what they would look like. leaning towards bronze as my new rim color choice this summer

as for the z24 panels they were trashed. to badly faded and most of the plastic was cracking.

Monday, May 19, 2008 4:29 PM
well the swap is done.. just need to find a good center concole. i did use the sunfire frame. but mmodified the dash for my cavalier cluster, didnt want to bother with all the wiring or the odometer also.

if anyone else is interested in a how to for the swap let me know and i will help you out. pretty straight forward.

Monday, May 19, 2008 4:58 PM
I love it man I want to do mine with the 03+ dash!

Monday, May 19, 2008 5:03 PM
I dunno thats a lot of work for nothing I think. Don't look any better or any different either really. I don't see the point. Oh well easier to take apart now if need be than the cavy dash lol
Monday, May 19, 2008 6:17 PM
cut down the shifter! looks real good otherwise

Monday, May 19, 2008 6:24 PM
Do a tranny 5 speed swap

Monday, May 19, 2008 6:29 PM
holy penis shifter batman!

trim that down when you get your console!

and keep your current rims!

Monday, May 19, 2008 7:08 PM
hmm never notice how long and tall it looks .. i think i have a solution for that though without cutting it. if it works im gonna try to use the 5sp sunfire console with the leather boot and the ls sport shift nob (AUTO) i think that leather also.

Friday, May 30, 2008 7:45 PM
props on the work man! that was my favorite mod i did on my 97 cavy. the dashes were horrible in those ...my only problem is now half of the guage cluster doesnt work, no speedo, no odo, and i got a "tcs off" light on all the time. ahh well...

Lifes a B**ch,
You marry one,
Then you DIE!!
Friday, May 30, 2008 7:54 PM
4U2NV wrote:props on the work man! that was my favorite mod i did on my 97 cavy. the dashes were horrible in those ...my only problem is now half of the guage cluster doesnt work, no speedo, no odo, and i got a "tcs off" light on all the time. ahh well...

thats what i was affraid of.. reason i kept my cavy gauges .. just took a bit of cuttin but i got it to fit

Saturday, May 31, 2008 8:59 PM
Dude, the swap looks great! And that photochop with the gold rims = SEXY AS HELL!!! Love the current rims, but those gold ones would look killer!!

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search