Northstar V8 cavalier - Page 15 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Northstar V8 cavalier
Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:04 PM
like I said, the shell alone with the mods ready for another swap woulda been worth buying, and I'm sure someone here would have wanted it

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:28 PM
IIRC he had it up here for a while and no one bit. No one had the money to dump into someone else's project.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:48 PM
its one of those things that he didn't want someone else to have cause he prides himself on BUILT NOT BOUGHT that was even on the car and the thing is people buy such a car and even though the OWN IT they act like they built it. it was his work so no one can take credit for his work.

he also had a manifold he built for an M90 to bolt to a 2.4L that he never sold and from what i have heard he still has it

JBO since July 30, 2001
Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:41 PM
NOTa2_4 wrote:its one of those things that he didn't want someone else to have cause he prides himself on BUILT NOT BOUGHT that was even on the car and the thing is people buy such a car and even though the OWN IT they act like they built it. it was his work so no one can take credit for his work.

he also had a manifold he built for an M90 to bolt to a 2.4L that he never sold and from what i have heard he still has it

Its been a while since i have been on this forum, interesting to see my old thread has been revived.

NOTa2_4 has it right. I could not bring myself to sell it as a whole, i just couldnt stand seeing someone else driving it around- and as happens to all sold projects, running it into the ground. Then there is the problem with it being so custom that it would be impossible to give a complete list of parts that were used, let alone the fact that many were completely one off. And to finish it off no one would give me the money i would want for the car as a whole, including the people who say they would have bought it- i know that sould have never come through.

PS. I dont have the M90 manifold anymore either, it got tossed long ago when i decided i wasnt going to toy with another 2.4

And again, thanks for the compliments on my projects!

_

Now with northstar V8, IRS, 20's n 22's
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search