mrthompson's 4 door progress thread - Page 10 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: mrthompson's 4 door progress thread
Tuesday, October 05, 2010 2:35 PM
Good good just wanted to keep you safe. Ive seen a few cars burn down in peoples driveway from that.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 5:37 PM
hate it...

just kidding... it's really coming along. you BETTER make it to the bash next year.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 6:54 PM
Loving the progress so far. What size power wire did you use when you moved your battery? Where did you get it? What size fuse did you use in the trunk?

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Tuesday, October 05, 2010 8:55 PM
strat81 wrote:hate it...

just kidding... it's really coming along. you BETTER make it to the bash next year.

Lol I know. I was planning on it last year. I just ran out of time to get the car done and figured no sense in stretching the cash if I can't get my car there to. You know I'll I will be planning on there next bash.

Prowler- I based it off misinblu <_(spl?) Setup. I also googled and most every setup was the same. But it is 4gauge amp wire. It started as a amp wiring kit that I reversed. There was one other Guy running 0 gauge wire but I thought that was over kill and alot more expensive to buy the other parts. And most relocation kits come with 4 gauge wire. The main thing is to run a secondary power wire for the under hood fuse panel. My secondary wire is is 10 gauge.

For the fuse I am just using a 50 amp fuse. I have about 5 laying around. Only time I had trouble was before I ran my secondary fuse panel wire. It ended up blowing the fuse from the drawl of cranking for more than 5 seconds. You can go larger it just what I had laying around. I haven't had a issue since.

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 2:34 PM
Yea, I thought 4 gauge was a little small, nice to know it works though. I had been looking at 0awg and 2awg and that stuff is expensive. Also, why do you run a 10 gauge wire to the fuse panel? Wouldn't it work out better if you had a distribution block in the front and run a 4awg from the main line to the fuse box?

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 2:49 PM
the reason for running the 10 guage wire was to take off some of the draw on the 4 guage wire. 2 reasons. 1. more draw on the fuse and wire. you will find yourself replacing the fuse very often. 2. if the fuse does blow or go bad. you loose all power to your vehicle, meaning resetting radio, no keyless entry for doors or trunk, so you would have to crawl threw the the back seat if you have no keylock in your trunk lid. so its kind of one of those fail safes.

if you were looking to spending big money on the wire i would just go ahead and buy kit that has everything there. i can throw you some links of kits and installs if that helps to.

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 4:48 PM
Yea dude, pm me some kit and install links. I guess I just feel like a larger wire like a fused 2awg would be better than the fused 4awg and the 10awg. I had just recently given up on the idea after a long time and now your project has re-sparked the interest, lol.

Wednesday, October 06, 2010 5:00 PM
tha_prowler wrote:Yea, I thought 4 gauge was a little small, nice to know it works though. I had been looking at 0awg and 2awg and that stuff is expensive. Also, why do you run a 10 gauge wire to the fuse panel? Wouldn't it work out better if you had a distribution block in the front and run a 4awg from the main line to the fuse box?

Weldingsupply.com. GREAT price on some excellent wire.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:13 AM
got the tires swapped back over to the old wheels and installed a battery box. so no more fumes in the car. the old wheels do need refinished so hopefully that will happen overr winter since i was able to pick up a 30 gallon compressor.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:23 PM
looking good! wish my sedan looked that good lol oh well
Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:44 PM
Nice needs a front lip.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:28 PM
hate it :p

looking good!

Thursday, October 21, 2010 6:49 PM
lss lip kit would set it off nicely!

Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:52 PM
Strait - thanks it's ok right now. I need to get to work on the roof. The paint has faded away in one corner. The rest of the car is ok.

Neubreed and nightmares - I have the rksport front lip that I will most likely putting back on it. Right now its sitting off to the side to get painted. I thought about a different lip or lss kit all the way around but with the intercooler piping I can't run fogs in the bumper. And I kinda like my yellow fogs. So until I figure that out I'll be sticking with the rksport.

Strat - thanks still miles from yours. Lol.

Friday, October 22, 2010 5:13 AM

obviously i'm a fan

Saturday, October 23, 2010 8:24 AM
blucavvy wrote:

obviously i'm a fan

thanks. you know you could pass them skirts my way.

Saturday, October 23, 2010 1:14 PM
I'm one of the few who love the RK lip so great choice.

Friday, January 07, 2011 9:15 AM
so i got spaced out yesterday. lol it looks so much better that i put the 1/2" spacers on the rear i got from teh jeffie. car looks like crap btw but let me know what you think.

before

after

and install.

Friday, January 07, 2011 10:45 AM
Looks good.

Friday, January 07, 2011 1:39 PM
Nice,

Friday, January 07, 2011 2:24 PM
Brake dust fail

-Markus
2002 Yellow Cavalier LS Sport *SOLD*
2000 White Cavalier Sedan
Check it out! --> Flickr

Friday, January 07, 2011 2:30 PM
Nice work.

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Friday, January 07, 2011 10:00 PM
thanks guys.

Ecomark wrote:Brake dust fail

hey what can i say. i'm putting about 300 miles a week on the car. going to and from work and school. i work about 50 to 60 hours a week lately and 10-12hrs of school a week so yeah i'm not able to get the rims or car cleaned like i would like. so oh well. lol

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:06 PM
well i'm selling the turbo off the car now i'm trying to decide if i should go back to a bigger turbo or go with a supercharger. i really want to hit the 250hp mark but want to stay on ther reliable side. also alot of the plans for the car are going to change also, but thats just me.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:55 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:

c&c welcome

Looks EXACTLY waht mine looked like when i crashed it LOL Btw it was same color, same hub caps, same engine, same everything haha This Thread brought back so many memories LOL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search