mrthompson's 4 door progress thread - Page 11 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: mrthompson's 4 door progress thread
Wednesday, January 19, 2011 12:36 PM
Lol. Nice. Yeah I bought mine that way. Mostly because of the color and I had a coupe to match.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:59 PM
250whp should be achieveable with the m62. my car dyno'd 186 on a heartbreaker dyno with a slipping clutch. i'll get it back on the rollers once a proper clutch is installed. possibly some cooling mods, more injector, and a retune too.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:12 PM
strat81 wrote:250whp should be achieveable with the m62. my car dyno'd 186 on a heartbreaker dyno with a slipping clutch. i'll get it back on the rollers once a proper clutch is installed. possibly some cooling mods, more injector, and a retune too.

i'm really hoping so. this road seems more tempting and with less hastle.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:17 PM
I have a supercharger set up i will sell you!!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:31 PM
jmarks82 wrote:I have a supercharger set up i will sell you!!

how much??

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:37 PM
pm sent!

Thursday, January 20, 2011 2:10 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:
strat81 wrote:250whp should be achieveable with the m62. my car dyno'd 186 on a heartbreaker dyno with a slipping clutch. i'll get it back on the rollers once a proper clutch is installed. possibly some cooling mods, more injector, and a retune too.

Remember i made 219whp on a dynojet. A good heat exhanging system, 2.9" pulley, blower cams/springs, decent port job, larger injectors, and HPTuners should put you right there.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Thursday, January 20, 2011 8:12 AM
Tinkles wrote:
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:

Remember i made 219whp on a dynojet. A good heat exhanging system, 2.9" pulley, blower cams/springs, decent port job, larger injectors, and HPTuners should put you right there.

so actually with a 2.8 pulley, a tune, and all your mods i should hit 250hp?

jmarks82 wrote:pm sent!

pm replied.

Friday, January 21, 2011 6:39 AM
I just read this whole thread. What a transformation. I can't wait to see more of the wire tuck. I think that rk lip would look even better with a base model bumper so you don't have two sets of fog light holes. Very cool build. I'm definitly going to be checking back

Friday, January 21, 2011 9:37 AM
the lemur wrote:I just read this whole thread. What a transformation. I can't wait to see more of the wire tuck. I think that rk lip would look even better with a base model bumper so you don't have two sets of fog light holes. Very cool build. I'm definitly going to be checking back

i do now have that lip on a base bumper i need to get the lip and find some side to get painted. the wire tuck will be redone also i'm not that happy with it. thanks for the support it has been a long road.

Friday, January 21, 2011 9:59 AM
tinkles dyno'd 219 on a 3.1 pulley and the gm reflash. even just a good tune on his car would probably bump his numbers a good bit..

Saturday, January 22, 2011 8:07 AM
strat81 wrote:tinkles dyno'd 219 on a 3.1 pulley and the gm reflash. even just a good tune on his car would probably bump his numbers a good bit..

i know that makes me happy knowing that. because i have setup a purchase to follow close to his foot steps. i feel pretty confident with what i am buying that i should hit my mark. its all about getting it all tied together now.

Saturday, January 22, 2011 1:41 PM
Im very confident that with just cams/valvesprings, 2.9", injectors, and HP Tuners that i would be over 250whp.

Edit* This should help you with some basic questions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, January 22, 2011 2:51 PM

Saturday, January 22, 2011 2:49 PM
I haven't read this whole thread but you should make 250 rather easily. I made 249whp with 3.0 pulley 42/hr injectors with full 2.5in exhaust and ls1 tb. Internally my motor is 100% stock I did have a racetronix pump and harness as well and Cavattack tuned my car.

Saturday, January 22, 2011 2:54 PM
I remember talking a few years ago and 250whp seemed like a feat to hit. Now it is simple.

Saturday, January 22, 2011 11:11 PM
thanks tinkles for the link that does help.

jucnbst- glad to hear that. makes me feel better on my goals.

Monday, January 31, 2011 2:10 PM
and with my last post of the month, i will leave this.

out with the old.

in with the new.

officially blown by jmarks. thank u sir.

it is not installed yet, being i don't have the time or a tune, plus i might be putting on a tsudo header.

Monday, January 31, 2011 3:36 PM
Sweet.

I like this.

Monday, January 31, 2011 7:18 PM
JUCNBST wrote:I haven't read this whole thread but you should make 250 rather easily. I made 249whp with 3.0 pulley 42/hr injectors with full 2.5in exhaust and ls1 tb. Internally my motor is 100% stock I did have a racetronix pump and harness as well and Cavattack tuned my car.

Granted my car is an LSJ, pretty much the same #'s on a 3.06" and 42's with just an intake and Cobra HE, stock exhaust.

With a good tune I don't see why 250whp with a M62 on an Eco is even a goal, shall be rather simple with the right tune and supporting cooling.

Good luck!

Monday, January 31, 2011 10:31 PM
Hey keep that offically BLOWN by jmarks to a minimum!! haha. Good luck with it

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 2:49 AM
^hahaha^ well played sir.

MRThompson- lovin the progress.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 5:18 AM
jmarks82 wrote:Hey keep that offically BLOWN by jmarks to a minimum!! haha. Good luck with it

lmao

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 5:57 AM
Clean that ish before install...

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 8:04 AM
mike- thanks.

Joe Schulte wrote:
JUCNBST wrote:I haven't read this whole thread but you should make 250 rather easily. I made 249whp with 3.0 pulley 42/hr injectors with full 2.5in exhaust and ls1 tb. Internally my motor is 100% stock I did have a racetronix pump and harness as well and Cavattack tuned my car.

Granted my car is an LSJ, pretty much the same #'s on a 3.06" and 42's with just an intake and Cobra HE, stock exhaust.

With a good tune I don't see why 250whp with a M62 on an Eco is even a goal, shall be rather simple with the right tune and supporting cooling.

Good luck!

thanks. i agree on the it being so simple that kinda why i took this route. jmarks already modded it for the bypass and hooked me up with a meth pump to help with the cooling.

jmarks- but...... haha. yeah i had to give you props.

scorpio- thanks just wish it was all done so i could enjoy it.

david- absolutely. i'm figuring since i have a good dd i can actually go back and finish/straighten up somethings that i am not happy with.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 11:46 AM
Good to hear man, take your time, not like our weather is getting any better soon lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search