mrthompson's 4 door progress thread - Page 9 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: mrthompson's 4 door progress thread
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:15 PM
loving ALL the pictures you got man, and loving the 4dr factor...i own a 4dr z24 5spd and i love it... good luck with the entire build, or whats left of it

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 6:33 PM
cant wait to see it finished. keep it up!

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 7:32 PM
very nice.

Green 04 Sedan a work in progress.......

"Sometimes doing the right thing means pissing people off."
GEN(ret.) Colin Powell
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 9:11 PM
you took off the silver I hate you!

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:50 PM
more progress. wire tucked, moved the fuse box, extended acouple wires and rerouted some. cleaned up the wiring to the best i could with out hacking up the harness. i'm ok with how it turned out. but i'm just nit picky. i just need to figure out where i am going to mount my coils and start putting everything back together so i can drive it.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 4:56 AM
Haha Love the hole by the firewall. Lookin good man. I wish I would of done this while my engine was out of the car.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:04 AM
very cool! and hahahaha its good to know that idea works!

although... i think you should have done the hole in the frame rail inside the cabin...

now, run you're headlight harness through your front bumper support.

Underdog Racing
Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:14 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Haha Love the hole by the firewall. Lookin good man. I wish I would of done this while my engine was out of the car.

You can do it with the engine in the car. Its actually easier that way so you cant get the lengths right. Plenty of the Honda folks I saw while researching did it with the engine in.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:17 AM
Im doing the bulk of my tuck with the engine out. Once thats done I'll be extending and running the rest as needed.

Just makes life easier.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:43 AM
yeah mine was done with the engine in. my main problem was i didn't want to hack my harness all up. so if something happens to my harness i pull it out and extend 3 sets of wires and be done. now if i was going to cut it up. you would have not seen hardly any wires except maybe the injector harness, which would be nearly impossible to hide. i just was doing my best to avoid the "custom" headache. and i am glad you guys approve.

zyaaa- i really thought about doing that on the inside. my main concern was it would of been under my feet a majority of the time and we know thats not good on wires. i still might change a few things about, just ending up getting into a rush because school is starting and the family is down to one car and one motorcycle. its no fun riding the motorcycle in the rain.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 8:42 AM
Ill be doing my tuck with the engine in. Hacked up and all. I aint skeered. Hahaha. I like hows yours turned out. It looks good for retaining most of the options.

Thursday, September 23, 2010 10:46 AM
thanks for the wonderful tuck ideas man. This is exactly what I needed to get my project under way!

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:35 PM
glad to inspire.

well got the car back together. seems like i have a miss that i am trying to figure out. sounds like a boosted subie. lol besides that, seems like its all back together very well. i'll have pics up tomorrow.

Saturday, October 02, 2010 5:10 PM
car is running great. will be getting some pics tomorrow.

Saturday, October 02, 2010 5:15 PM
tease

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Saturday, October 02, 2010 7:39 PM
*waits impatiently for pics*

Sunday, October 03, 2010 2:40 PM
PIIIIICSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Monday, October 04, 2010 2:49 PM
ok now listen. this is just to get it to become drivable. the wheels will be swapped back. i really want to get the bumpers repainted before i put them back on. i also will be swapping to either IF sides or the bc2(i think those are the ones that look like extreme tuner sides), and i have to get the hood sanded down with the corner fixed. but for now it looks ok. lol

oh btw its been raining about all week so.... yeah its dirty.

c&c

Monday, October 04, 2010 3:03 PM
No under hood pics? Wtf?

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Monday, October 04, 2010 3:23 PM
looks real good man...
Monday, October 04, 2010 4:11 PM
The Evo 5 side skirts are the Xtreme tuner knock offs.

Oh, and im stealing that trunk....

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 1:56 PM
onecleancavy wrote:No under hood pics? Wtf?

well its not up to my par. plus i didn't get the abs module moved yet. so i didn't figure it was worth any. i did get the battery relocate done and there is a couple things that will change on it to. like a different distribution block, a battery box, and a exterior switch so i can run it at the strip.

but oh well like the title says its a progression thread and that whats happening. lol

tinkles- u can steal the trunk if i can steal your airride if u still have it. lol

Airgazm wrote:looks real good man...

thanks but not as clean as your's.

battery relocate.

c&c welcome

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 2:04 PM
Lead-Acid battery in the trunk is a big nononono. Get an Optima before your car burns down. They expel hydrogen gas as they age. Its explosive and bad for the occupants.

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 2:22 PM
Sweet

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, October 05, 2010 2:30 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Lead-Acid battery in the trunk is a big nononono. Get an Optima before your car burns down. They expel hydrogen gas as they age. Its explosive and bad for the occupants.

thanks for the reminder. i forgot about the gas that was put off by the battery. i even commented to my boss at a previous job about that. i guess thats what happens when you get side tracked by being busy. i will be probably buying the box for the battery sooner now because of that, the sealed box.

thanks david.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search