Upgrades for 09 - Page 18 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Upgrades for 09
Wednesday, July 01, 2009 7:30 PM
Not bad at all. But I kinda prefer the base bumper, it flowed with the sides and rear better to me....hmm.....still have it?

Thursday, July 02, 2009 5:05 AM
You know what buddy? I pushed and pushed for you to get this bumper, now that its on there, I kinda prefer the base model one! lol
Seems to line up with the sides better. Now if you were able to come accross a set of 03+ Z sides(Yes I say Z, I live in Canada!), then it would be perfect.

Thursday, July 02, 2009 5:30 AM
Looks nice. Good upgrade.

Thursday, July 02, 2009 5:31 AM
Seems like I just had this discussion about the sides lol. The Z sides and LSS (american) sides are the same height just have a different flow. I considered LSS sides, but then remember how much I used to hit them on my 04 and they won't be attached as well on the 01 as they were on the 04. I like the lss, still have the base so who knows...I might switch back and forth lol.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Thursday, July 02, 2009 7:22 AM
well its damn near impossible to catch you having a bad day on the phone cause you just dont answer if your having a bad day lol.... We gotta get some vids of both of us together.... Seems like when we get together the combination of Curts becomes overwhelming lol
Thursday, July 02, 2009 10:56 PM
LOL!!!

I've got the mother of all updates. Worked on it all day today...still have a few finishing touches to do, bottom line...Petey2 has arrived.

Friday, July 03, 2009 12:59 AM
can i just sit in it? PLEASE?

WiGM-Tuners member.
Friday, July 03, 2009 6:33 AM
If you come down on the 11th you can.

Friday, July 03, 2009 8:02 AM
I like the base bumper better. The LS lip sticks out like a sore thumb with z24 skirts.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Friday, July 03, 2009 9:30 AM
Caution: Goofy Pictures

All done.

Friday, July 03, 2009 9:57 AM
Holy Shnikes!

WiGM-Tuners member.

Friday, July 03, 2009 10:09 AM
Curt, are you still converting to E85?...30+lbs of boost would love you for it

Friday, July 03, 2009 10:13 AM

I'm tired of wasting my time... now I'm breakin' free.
Friday, July 03, 2009 10:21 AM
holy @!#$ who is that hurry up and sanp a pic with a cigarette in your mouth so i can make sure its you and not some doctored photo

Friday, July 03, 2009 11:52 AM
Too small, need bigger.

Friday, July 03, 2009 12:43 PM
Now thats a real turbo...

Should have went with a watercooled one though...

Friday, July 03, 2009 1:08 PM
That is @!#$ ridicules.

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Friday, July 03, 2009 5:47 PM
Sorry it took a little while for me to update on the running status, been working on the garage. There's really only 4 words to describe this thing...

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!

Friday, July 03, 2009 7:48 PM
WE NEED VIDS AND DYNO NUMBERS!!!!!!!

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Friday, July 03, 2009 8:35 PM
cant wait to go for a ride in the next week or two

Friday, July 03, 2009 8:47 PM
Tinkles wrote:WE NEED VIDS AND DYNO NUMBERS!!!!!!!

Only if Brandon promises me a spot in the calendar will I put a rush on getting to the dyno.

Friday, July 03, 2009 10:58 PM
Hell of an upgrade.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 03, 2009 10:59 PM

Saturday, July 04, 2009 6:25 AM
Thrice . wrote:Curt, are you still converting to E85?...30+lbs of boost would love you for it

If I ever get off hpt yes. I will need HUGE injectors and a massive fuel pump. They don't have hi-imp injectors big enough to feed the need.

Saturday, July 04, 2009 6:52 AM
So how much boost is this thing running?

Saturday, July 04, 2009 7:56 AM
Currently at 15psi, letting things work a little bit before asking for 600whp. The max number will be 35psi, if I'm not limited by the amount of fuel I can get in there. If I can supply the fuel for 35psi, I'm going to run 35psi. Before Petey2 went on, my afr's were solid at 11.6-11.8 all the way 1st through 4th gear. For adjustments to the low boost tune all I had to do was add a little bit of fuel to get things corrected again. Hoping for the same kind of changes in order for high boost tune to work. I will be starting at my previous high boost of 25psi and working up. Normal driving has been affected slightly as well, so I've got corrections to make there, but that is minor, went from having mid to upper 14's normal to having upper 14's to low 15's. Keep in mind my car is 100% open loop. For me to have steady afr's takes some patience and a little acceptance of mediocrity. When I get close in the afr's for just cruising I typically let it alone. Unless she starts to miss and buck on me due to too lean I probably won't mess with the normal driving numbers.

My goal isn't to be the fastest, but the most powerful. Being fast on a dragstrip isn't super important to me, it only takes one lucky pass to get mid 10's with 600+whp. Hell I was running mid 12's and just rolling off the line. Most try hard to hit 12's...I can do it without launching and letting off at the 1000' mark and that was with a smaller turbo and less boost than I'm aiming for.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search