Upgrades for 09 - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Upgrades for 09
Tuesday, December 02, 2008 10:54 PM
i <3 the import fighter front bumper on the older cavi's.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 12:17 AM
Joe Sauseda wrote:i <3 the import fighter front bumper on the older cavi's.

As do I, BUT, I have quite a bit invested in 03-05 front end parts, a hood that is the envy of most 03+ owners and headlights that share that same envy. I have a few ideas for what I'm going to do with the looks of this car. Let's just say the 04 is gone but not forgotten...

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 8:25 AM
why not make your own 03 import fighter front

^-- supernaut's (rob's) old 4 door.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 2:14 PM
homieJ wrote:why not make your own 03 import fighter front

Looks like its missing some duct tape.

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Turbo-back Exhaust | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | Team Green LSD | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 4:01 PM
BlackEco wrote:
homieJ wrote:why not make your own 03 import fighter front

Looks like its missing some duct tape.

its called a work in progress.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 6:15 PM
DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:
Z Speed aka FORCED 2 wrote:I would of left the bumper alone... but then again im all about hiding it cause you know like everyone else cavaliers aint nuttin

you do know air to air intercoolers need airflow across the core in order to cool right? A larger intercooler hiding behind the bumper accomplishes nothing if only the exposed part of the core gets airflow..

interested to see what you're up to skunk.. i'm watching.

If he did some ductwork it would create a vacuum area and net some reasonable gains over his old IC. Would not be as efficient as having the whole core exposed, but would be a happy medium if he really wanted to keep the stock opening in that bumper. Plus you have to figure that just because the front is exposed, if the back does not have adequate clearance between the core and whatever is directly behind it (I believe that cross member behind the crash bar) then you might as well not have any core up there either.

Basically what im saying skunk is that your gonna wanna have the intercooler hanging off the passenger mirror....

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 7:00 PM
I have already modified the crush bar, which can be seen in other photos in this thread, I have also hacked the holy hell outta a base front bumper as a temporary solution. It is by no means permanant. As it sits right now, there would be plenty of airflow through the intercooler. I have multiple different ideas as to what to do about the front bumper situation, but they are not priority, priority is making her capable of handling 400+ whp.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 7:38 PM
i vote trd again.

You look so much cuter with something in your mouth.
Wednesday, December 03, 2008 7:44 PM
z yaaaa wrote:i vote trd again.

You would lol.

Sunday, January 04, 2009 7:02 AM
Well did a lil work on the front bumper yesterday w/ some help from Anthony (McLovin), Rich, and Jenna...

Not finished but hey it's a start and we'll see how it ends up.

This is for you Brad...

Special thanks on the TRD logo goes to Ant, I didn't know what the hell it was till I looked at it from the angle he drew it and I still needed explanation. Epoxy fumes ya know.

Sunday, January 04, 2009 7:10 AM
Looks like the bumper is getting there. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Sunday, January 04, 2009 7:51 AM
LOL looks like its getting there!!

Are you scared of the changes coming? The answer is on the inside.
Monday, January 05, 2009 5:26 PM
Little more work done today, just filling in some gaps and stuff, should start sanding and finishing touches tomorrow...

Let's see what tomorrow brings shall we...

Monday, January 05, 2009 5:59 PM
Finishing touches, eh......

Should look good when its done.

Monday, January 05, 2009 10:23 PM
you should hack up your hood too so everyone can see your clean and tidy engine bay

Monday, January 05, 2009 11:05 PM
Hell yeah!!

-Markus
2002 Yellow Cavalier LS Sport

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 5:40 AM
JakeLegend wrote:you should hack up your hood too so everyone can see your clean and tidy engine bay

Done, I also got some new wheels and decided to ditch the custom front bumper in favor of a lip kit...

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 7:36 AM
i'm likin' this!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Tuesday, January 06, 2009 7:56 AM
02 redbadged (now premium) wrote:i'm likin' this!

I've been workin w/ it for about an hour. Turns out clear epoxy is more like silicone when it dries, it doesn't like to be sanded, so I've had to clean as much of the clear off and use the plastic weld to fill the gaps and spaces. Should have pics sometime tonight of a semi-finished product.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 4:01 PM
Curt, 3M has a automix product which is plastic bumper repair material. I use it at work all the time, Plastic welding isnt really used much anymore and this automix stuff takes it place. We use it in cartridges with their special gun(expensive gun of course) but you can buy it in tube form I'm pretty sure and mix it like body filler. and then u just spread it on like u would body filler and sand it and smooth it out. Works great, sands great.most likely what you want to use. Not that nasty clear stuff your using.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009 6:35 PM
Using some nasty yellow stuff that's got one hell of an odor to it and hardens up harder than the bumper itself, downside it takes roughly 12 hours to reach that hardened state so sadly no updates other than I've got it pretty well spread and plan on maybe doing some sanding tomorrow, got lunch w/ the girl so dunno how much work will get done.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009 4:54 AM
Looks like its coming along quite nicely...kinda @!#$ty that we spent that time getting the pieces to fit with the clear stuff and now it doesnt sand very well . EIther way, I gave you all kinds of @!#$ before this but it actually looks like its coming around and should turn out pretty well. Looking good skunk!

Wednesday, January 07, 2009 7:57 AM
Skunk wrote:Using some nasty yellow stuff that's got one hell of an odor to it

urine?

seriously though, get this thing done and get back down to indy...bring anthonys mom. i miss her.

Friday, January 09, 2009 12:11 PM
The clear worked great for holding it together Ant, but when I tried using it as filler...um yeah that was a mess, I've spent the last few days doing nothing on it but cleaning up residue, haven't touched it w/ sandpaper yet. Soon as it's al least primed there will be more pics.

Friday, January 09, 2009 2:12 PM
this is a hack? sorry. use an urethane welder? its fast and easy to work with.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search