Upgrades for 09 - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Upgrades for 09
Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:20 AM
Phewes wrote:use an urethane welder? its fast and easy to work with.

I would love to but I don't have the resources to buy/rent one. So I do what I do, figure it out with what I can afford/have laying around the garage. I know what the right way to do this was, it just wasn't a realistic option given my finacial situation.

And I agree w/ the hack comment. It looks like sh!t now, but with some tlc and patience it might actually turn out pretty good.

Some might say it still looks like crap even when finished but it's not their car, I liked the way it looked before I started w/ putting the extra pieces it was just a missing a little direction, didn't quite have the "complete" look. It's starting to shape up and at the end of the day it's only ME that has to like it not everyone else.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Friday, January 30, 2009 11:31 AM
As promised, when the front was finished with the exception of paint I would post pics of it...

Sorry, did the best I could with the car being immobilized.

Oh I almost forgot, something else came...

Oh yeah that's right Skunk's gettin sleeved.

Sorry for the quality on the second pic.

Friday, January 30, 2009 11:36 AM
Plan on putting mesh in it? Doesn't look too bad, but I feel like it needs something else, plus you dont want rocks flying up and taking out the intercooler. Likin the sleeves too

Friday, January 30, 2009 12:09 PM
OhForKavy wrote:Plan on putting mesh in it?

Mesh?!?!? NEVA!!!!! LOL. People kept telling me mesh in the TRD, but did I listen...nope. I already expected to hear "You should put mesh in there." My response now is the same as it was w/ the TRD and before that the Razzi, nope.

Friday, January 30, 2009 12:59 PM
I dont even come close to thinking it looks good but you did a good job on it.

Friday, January 30, 2009 2:58 PM
sleeves FTW!!!

(please take the engine out for install)

hahahaha

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Friday, January 30, 2009 3:30 PM
z yaaaa wrote:sleeves FTW!!!

(please take the engine out for install)

hahahaha

How in the hell do think I'd manage that considering the stockers need to be bored out and the new ones pressed in?

The sleeves are getting installed then piece by piece the old motor will be pulled and installed into the new one.

Friday, January 30, 2009 3:31 PM
ProfessorJ wrote:I dont even come close to thinking it looks good but you did a good job on it.

Quite possibly the most honest compliment I've ever received. Not your taste I understand, but at least you respect the work. Thank you.

Friday, January 30, 2009 4:43 PM
Yeah I am not crazy about the look, but having gone through the process of modifying an LS Sport bumper,
I really appreciate all the work that would have went into it
HOWEVER... I agree it needs mesh, something to fill the gaps

Friday, January 30, 2009 4:53 PM
I like it better without the hole, its just not "me", but nice job i bet that was a lot of work.

JBOK.org / J-Bodies of Kentucky
Friday, January 30, 2009 5:02 PM
Im not really sure if I like the look overall. But I think you did a pretty good job doing it. Maybe it will grow on me like last year when you chose this bumper over the LS sport one.

Friday, January 30, 2009 6:42 PM
All these comments on the front bumper...nearly nothing on the sleeves? You guys disappoint me lol.

Friday, January 30, 2009 7:38 PM
Fine, your sleeves suck! Happy?

Tinkles
v. intr.
1. To make light metallic sounds, as those of a small bell.
2. Informal To urinate.
v. tr.
1. To cause to tinkle.
2. To signal or call by tinkling.
n.
1. A light, clear metallic sound or a sound suggestive of it.
2. An act or instance of tinkling.

Friday, January 30, 2009 7:43 PM
I haven't really been looking, but let me know what you come up with for a shop that will install those sleeves skunk.

Friday, January 30, 2009 8:09 PM
ya know...

If you can find access to some aluminum sheet, and a sheetmetal brake, you may be able to fab up some duct work that attaches to the bumper and channels air to that intercooler, being functional, and covering up the hole, and gaps...

(oh yeah, kick ass on the sleeves)

the work looks good on the bumper, and I get why it is done, but I think you have the talent to make it better.

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Friday, January 30, 2009 9:22 PM
dood, i was KIDDING.

come on...

Friday, January 30, 2009 11:23 PM
Its a good thing that the sleeves car in Marengo...and not by me because they would be covered in .... well i think you get the idea. Looks good man. Cant wait to help put this new beast into the white car. Man two L61 builds in your garage this winter. God I cant wait

Saturday, January 31, 2009 12:59 AM
ExESIVEFIRE wrote:
the work looks good on the bumper, and I get why it is done, but I think you have the talent to make it better.

Couldn't agree more.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 4:35 AM
Looks alright, jsut not my flavor, I dont knwo why I think maybe if it was LS Sport front it would look better open like that.

Either way bigger opening + bigger intercooler= Win.

Sleevs= FTW
Interested to see how much the sleeving process costs, ive been considering doing that while i'm building my motor this year.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 5:45 AM
I'm calling the guy that did Camron's (boostedecos) on Monday. I believe Camron paid $500 but he also had an eagle crank and all the disassembly of the motor. Mine will just be me taking the block having the guy sleeve it and that's it. I would like to think my cost would be slightly less but I won't know for sure until Monday.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 5:51 AM
McLovin wrote:Its a good thing that the sleeves car in Marengo...and not by me because they would be covered in .... well i think you get the idea. Looks good man. Cant wait to help put this new beast into the white car. Man two L61 builds in your garage this winter. God I cant wait

Actually there will be 3. Ben is coming up and we are putting his head and new turbo on in the early spring. But that's not really a build.

And Brad, I knew you were kidding, so was I duh! How the hell can I possible be upset right now? My motor is coming together greatly. I will have ALL the parts for assembly sometime in the next couple weeks.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 6:25 AM
you should be upset because you stink.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 8:57 AM
z yaaaa wrote:you should be upset because you stink.

Duh...so do all Skunks lol.

Saturday, January 31, 2009 9:32 AM
Not sure about the look of the front bumper yet. Hmmm

Jordan- MESH? yea right, the purpose of big FMIC is to let them be seen, well thats my reasoning anyway. Mesh=5 years ago lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Saturday, January 31, 2009 10:44 AM
WHITECAVY wrote:Not sure about the look of the front bumper yet. Hmmm

Jordan- MESH? yea right, the purpose of big FMIC is to let them be seen, well thats my reasoning anyway. Mesh=5 years ago lol

FINALLY, someone agrees with not hiding such a nice part. Yeah it's gonna get a little dinged up. They are called battle scars and they add character . Everytime I was the car, which in the summer is twice a week, I have seen new dings. It's expected. The car is driven. Seriously, is chicken wire really gonna keep all the little dings and sh!t from happening? Yeah it MIGHT keep the big stuff from hitting it, chances are if you hit something big like a bird or something of that nature it's going right through any mesh you have there anyway. So really what's the point of mesh anyway? If it doesn't keep the little stuff out and the big stuff will go right through it because of weight and velocity. There, now the reasoning behind no mesh is out there in the open. IT'S POINTLESS other than for some asthetic value and even then I personally think it's tacky.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search