I love jack stands! - Page 6 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I used to love jack stands!
Monday, July 02, 2012 1:26 PM
I need a 95 alternator from a 95 J-body. This will plug directly into my harness.

I need to modify the knock sensor hole.

I bought GM M45 Supercharger Injectors. The twin cam fuel rail will bolt to a quad 4 just fine.

The 4T40E will bolt right to the LG0, or any quad block for that mater.

Need to either run a looped steering rack, or buy / make a manual steering rack.

Exhaust is either going to be a stock LG0 manifold or a custom "Ron's" header like Spencer is running.

Going to run my 95 TB and stuff that I used when I had my LO intake manifold.

Pretty much use my entire 99 harness and sensors.

Re-tune for bigger injectors, and more RPMs. I want to spin to 7250 or 7500 at least.

That is what I remember off the top of my head.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 02, 2012 1:26 PM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Monday, July 02, 2012 1:45 PM
That's a crazy find. Might I ask the price?

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Monday, July 02, 2012 3:31 PM
Have a 2.4 cam tower modded and swap it on, bam power steering again!

Brad, that intake tower should have a castIng number on the top, have a GM parts depo cross it for a part number and check the application. Maybe it's a export engine.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 2:56 AM
I'll check the number. Not sure when I'm going to get time sadly though.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:33 PM
Manual steering rack?
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:02 AM
Yeah, a few people have converted their power racks into manual racks. Most people just loop the lines at the rack, and run it that way. Looped lines work, but are fairly hard to turn at low speeds.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:05 AM
that really looks like the w41 power steering setup. are you sure its not a w 41?

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 11:12 AM
Not really sure, but I think I'm going to do a compression test on it soon and see what it comes out at. When I was cranking it over by hand the plugs in the spark plug holes literally blew across my garage. The compression feels a lot higher than my LD9 does. if I turn it over by hand.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:05 PM
wow. i figure you would have that engine all figured out. i would be funny to find out that its a w41 that has some performance work done to it.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:41 PM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:that really looks like the w41 power steering setup. are you sure its not a w 41?

HO and W41 have the same powersteering setup, and share the same compression ratio.

Mike the looped lines is not so bad with the continental contiextreme contact street tires I put on, it sucked the stickier KDW's.

Monday, July 16, 2012 5:03 AM
So as many of you facebook people know I have upped most of the trans settings to 20-25% either faster, harder, or firmer. Also 20-25% torque reduction has been removed from the motor and trans now.

I think with my old settings the "cool" no-lift sound the exhaust was making between shifts, that sounds just like an LNF no-lift-shift, was actually the trans slipping a little. Now that I have raised the line pressure, aka "shift pressure", the exhaust sound has went back to normal. ALSO, the trans temps are staying in the 160-180F range while "spirited" driving. Before they would be around 200-210F with the old settings after beating on it. I think I may bump up the pressure a little more in the higher torque tables.

A interesting side note. It seems that our cars do not use the Base Shift Pressure vs. Torque vs. Gear - Performance table at all. It does seem to use the Base Shift Pressure vs. Torque vs. Gear - Normal table for ALL shifting. Maximum line pressure of anything higher than 90 doesn't seem to change ANYTHING at all. So I just left it at 90.

I have been slowly setting up everything in the trans setting to see how everything works. DO NOT TOUCH FORCE MOTOR CURRENT! The trans doesn't like this at all. Which is strange since I'm not quite sure how the B&M shift plus works if it isn't effecting this table.

So, so far, the new settings are working out great. I think there is definitely more on the table, but I think I'm getting to the point where the stock torque converter, and bands do not want to shift harder or faster. Maybe 20% more percent, and that is the most you should even remotely think about on a stock trans. Driving around town is almost like a normal tune. The only thing you notice is the trans shifts a little faster, but it is not harsh AT ALL. After you drive around for a day, you will not even know the difference. Also, if you want to see / feel the difference between the stock and tuned settings if you put the car in any other gear besides drive the pcm reverts back to the stock settings. THERE IS NO WAY TO CHANGE THIS. I assume we are missing the tables in the HPTuners program for our PCMs. I found this out just messing around one day. When I used to drag race I always put it in 2nd because it turned off the traction control, and when I reached 2nd gear I just put it into drive.

To turn traction control off, I have been clicking up the e-brake one notch. I plan to mess with the traction control settings after I'm satisfied with all the other trans settings. Since the traction control seems to modify and / or change other trans settings. I'm trying to limit my changes to baby steps, and focus on one thing at a time. I also left the abuse mode enabled, and just tuned it down 25% in duration and reduction. This seems to work out great. I'm not a big fan of completely turning it off like many of us have. I'll update more after I drive it some more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, July 16, 2012 5:06 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE

Monday, July 16, 2012 10:05 AM
I turned off traction control with hp tuners. Don't regret it but the light is annoying.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 5:58 PM
I think my final trans settings. Being flashed. Time for the drag strip tomorrow. Everything data logged great. Trans temps are staying in the 140-160F after much "spirited" driving. Chirping 2-3 makes me happy.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Tuesday, July 24, 2012 6:51 PM
Awesome dude, let us know how it goes at the track.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 4:40 AM
awesome sauce

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:00 AM
So I took two vids with the brother's GoPro last night at the track. Sadly I didn't run any good times at all, but I did have some traction issues. I'm not sure why the GoPro didn't even pick up any tire spin at all, all night long.

Side note. The end of the track is past the 1/4 time boards.

It would spin off the line at 2200rpm, spin going into second, and spin going into third. In then first video at 1:39ish you can BARELY hear it when it spins going into third. Maybe next time I'll try the other case the brother has to see if I can get better sound. Also, I do not think the sound and video are sync'ed up on youtube. Even though in the actual videos they are fine.

Like is 2nd video, you can not even hear when I eat the tires of the line at about 2:04ish. Also at 2:17 by RPM you cann't even tell it spun at all. My buddies watching said it spun a lot.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edited Thursday, July 26, 2012 7:04 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Friday, July 27, 2012 5:11 AM
Looking good Mike, I don't have much experience with the Automatics in J's, both of mine are 5 speed, so I can tell much difference at first glance, but it sounds like healthy shifting is happening.

Friday, July 27, 2012 3:44 PM
first vid.. i didnt hear any tire squeal. what traction issues? lol why no brake stand?

second to third gear it sounded like it bounced the rev limiter before the shift.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Friday, July 27, 2012 7:20 PM
put the go pro on the fender by the the front tire.

Saturday, July 28, 2012 6:07 AM
Brad I did brake torque off the line the go pro never picked up the noise.
It did bounce the limiter while spinning going into third.

Jason if it was mine I would.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Saturday, July 28, 2012 7:29 PM
Nice to see this up and running again.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Saturday, July 28, 2012 7:35 PM
i still dont see how it spins going into third... its a stock engine lol. i dont even think mine would spin in water into 3rd hahahaha

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Saturday, July 28, 2012 7:41 PM
Terrible tires would do it... lol

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Sunday, July 29, 2012 7:22 PM
I have some slicks for you

Monday, July 30, 2012 4:00 AM
Transporter7220 wrote:Terrible tires would do it... lol

Yeah, I think my old 225/50/r16s might be the cause of this. They still have tons of tread, but do feel harder than they should...what I remember them feeling.

I should get time to put my newer 205/55/r16s on with my other set of z rims to see if they spin as much as these do.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search